Author Topic: Fanfiction Worth Reading  (Read 4048 times)

Offline Yla

• The Beast
Re: Fanfiction Worth Reading
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2014, 08:14:32 am »
On the Threshold We All Stood, for Neon Genesis Evangelion. Some would say that's it's little more than original spy fiction with some names from NGE sprinkled around. Some would have to take a closer look.

Mass Effect: Conception. The most bleak, depressing, and hopeless work I've ever read.

Eternal (MLP:FIM) The epilogue makes me cry.

Aeon Entelechy Evangelion, the story of Neon Genesis Evangelion set in a homebrewed variant of the CthulhuTech setting. I especially love the equivalent of the Gaghiel fight. It was one of the weaker Angels in canon, but here, it is absolutely horrifying. Unfortunately incomplete and on effective hiatus.

A Green Sun Illuminates The Void, a crossover between Familiar of Zero and Exalted, by the same author as the abovementioned AEE. I didn't know or like FoZ much before, but this story keeps me  hooked. Incomplete but ongoing.
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2014, 01:06:49 pm »
I never get tired of recommending Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality.
Well Siggy, you did the impossible. You've actually caught my interest with Harry Potter fanfiction of all things. I'm halfway through the first chapter and I really like what I've read so far. The timing's good as well, since I just finished with the last book I was reading. Gotta love it when things just fall into place like that.

Huzzah!
Σא

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2014, 07:30:47 pm »
Mass Effect: Conception. The most bleak, depressing, and hopeless work I've ever read.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel