Author Topic: Doctor Who General  (Read 58297 times)

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
Re: Doctor Who General
« Reply #345 on: December 27, 2013, 09:28:33 pm »
Yeah... I think Rassilon would have been a pretty nummy treat.

If he finds a way to get stabilized and if the drums in his head have finally stopped, his brain may start healing from the insanity the Time Lords caused him... Just think... all those years, from little boy to the drums stopping. 

I dunno about you all out there, but hearing the same rhythm incessantly for hundreds of years would really make me all woo-hoo.

Even if it wasn't even thought of more than likely back in the classic series (the drums, anyway, or the Time Lords doing it to him), it was said several times that the Master and the Doctor were very good friends before the Master's mind finally snapped.  It brings new light to the way I think of the Master when I watch the classic seasons with Delgado and Ainley. 
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 11:18:13 pm by The Doctor »

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #346 on: December 27, 2013, 10:07:36 pm »

I've probably posted this one before but given the new topic it seemed appropriate.

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #347 on: December 27, 2013, 11:19:01 pm »
LOL Well, I don't remember it, if you did.  It's cute, hehe.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #348 on: December 28, 2013, 08:44:51 am »
Yeah... I think Rassilon would have been a pretty nummy treat.

If he finds a way to get stabilized and if the drums in his head have finally stopped, his brain may start healing from the insanity the Time Lords caused him... Just think... all those years, from little boy to the drums stopping. 

I dunno about you all out there, but hearing the same rhythm incessantly for hundreds of years would really make me all woo-hoo.

Even if it wasn't even thought of more than likely back in the classic series (the drums, anyway, or the Time Lords doing it to him), it was said several times that the Master and the Doctor were very good friends before the Master's mind finally snapped.  It brings new light to the way I think of the Master when I watch the classic seasons with Delgado and Ainley. 

There's a reason why I ended up mentioning how the Doctor, after the Day of the Doctor, would tell Koschei that he hadn't just seen the Master's dad's lands and manor home. But had burned it. They were amazing friends. The Doctor has said multiple times how he was closer to Koschei than even his own brother. Even without being the last two Time Lords, they were close.

Hell, ""Martha asks whether the Master is the Doctor's secret brother, to which the Doctor replies that she's been watching too much TV. It was originally rumoured that the Master would be revealed as the Doctor's brother in a story at the end of Season 10." Even back during the original run they had toyed with being closer than friends.

There's a reason the Doctor tried so hard to help. But he couldn't hear it. Not until the Master went blonde. Because by then it was at such an intensity that it could be heard by more than the Master. Both the Doctor and the Master have psychic training. But even with that it was something only the Master could hear up until the point where his life energy was leeching away as he used all that electricity and whatnot.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #349 on: December 28, 2013, 11:57:24 am »
Eh, I was never a big fan of the "drumbeat in the masters head" thing. Much preferred the Masters character before the half-assed attempt to make him sympathetic.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #350 on: December 28, 2013, 12:03:29 pm »
He was insane anyways. It doesn't excuse his actions from the original run of the series because it hadn't really happened to him. If anyone tries to excuse his actions because of the drumbeat, that's their issue.

He was a sympathetic character in the idea that he was ignored in favor of everyone focusing on the Doctor. He was in the Doctor's shadow from childhood onward. He was left behind when the Doctor supposedly time locked Gallifrey. That is what makes him sympathetic, not the drumbeat.

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
« Reply #351 on: December 28, 2013, 12:05:44 pm »
Was the idea of the Master being related to the Doctor in some way actually make it onto the show? haven't re-watched any of the new series before series 6 in a while.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #352 on: December 28, 2013, 12:18:21 pm »
No. It never did. In my writing, I've had them view as each other as brother in a spiritual sense. As seen in this post and this post.

With that said, if they did bring Koschei back and they did make the Doctor and the Master related I'm not sure how I'd feel about it. After so long you kind of lose that chance to reveal that.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 12:24:04 pm by Commander Shepard »

&

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #353 on: December 28, 2013, 02:15:25 pm »
Was the idea of the Master being related to the Doctor in some way actually make it onto the show? haven't re-watched any of the new series before series 6 in a while.

Yeah, that was the original premise for McGann's Doctor.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56h_JuBZ9_0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56h_JuBZ9_0</a>

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #354 on: December 30, 2013, 06:16:53 pm »

jesus christ.

&

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #355 on: December 30, 2013, 06:45:09 pm »
LOL

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
« Reply #356 on: December 30, 2013, 07:38:59 pm »
Ha, love those MSPAINT comics.

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #357 on: February 13, 2014, 11:26:22 pm »
I'm at the hotel. The convention doesn't really even start til tomorrow, but the place is already crazy packed! Will update if anything interesting happens.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
« Reply #358 on: February 14, 2014, 07:16:37 am »
Lucky bugger, wish there was a Who convention over here that I don't end up missing :P

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #359 on: February 14, 2014, 10:37:17 am »
I took my sister to a Who convention once.  Embarrassed myself by calling a Dalek a "giant salt shaker".