Author Topic: Boy bullied for having an MLP bag told not to bring it to school  (Read 6907 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Yup.

http://www.cbc.ca/newsblogs/yourcommunity/2014/03/bullied-boys-my-little-pony-bag-barred-bronies-standwithgrayson.html

After Grayson Bruce, 9, was bullied at school for bringing his lunch to school in a My Little Pony bag, school officials told Grayson to leave the bag at home because it was causing a distraction.

Yes. The kid was bullied for bringing a bag that displayed the fact that he's a fan of MLP, and the school's response was not to punish the bullies, but rather to tell the kid not to bring that bag to school on the grounds that it's a "distraction".
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Boy bullied for having an MLP bag told not to bring it to school
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 12:35:52 pm »
Victim blaming...

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 01:30:18 pm »
Yup.

http://www.cbc.ca/newsblogs/yourcommunity/2014/03/bullied-boys-my-little-pony-bag-barred-bronies-standwithgrayson.html

After Grayson Bruce, 9, was bullied at school for bringing his lunch to school in a My Little Pony bag, school officials told Grayson to leave the bag at home because it was causing a distraction.

Yes. The kid was bullied for bringing a bag that displayed the fact that he's a fan of MLP, and the school's response was not to punish the bullies, but rather to tell the kid not to bring that bag to school on the grounds that it's a "distraction".
ew.

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 01:54:30 pm »
I'm pretty sure that's what teachers and administrators are told to do during whatever training they get to deal with discipline problems. "You're being bullied for being different? Stop being different! But always remember that you're one of God's special snowflakes!"
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 02:27:24 pm »
I'm pretty sure that's what teachers and administrators are told to do during whatever training they get to deal with discipline problems. "You're being bullied for being different? Stop being different! But always remember that you're one of God's special snowflakes!"
In other words, differences are okay, as long as you pretend to conform.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 03:03:11 pm »
Amazing.  Just amazing.  It is totally telling a rape victim that what they were wearing triggered something inside their rapist into raping them.  When of course reality is...IT'S THE RAPIST'S FAULT 100%!

Ironbite-*rider kicks the next poster into Mayhem's Acid Lake*

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 04:28:52 pm »
Why do schools never do anything to actually punish the bullies? my brother was bullied for years before my parents actually found out. Some kids just need the shit slapped out of them, and their parents too.

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 04:40:41 pm »
The victim should be mature enough to move on from MLP.   <turns fan on>
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2014, 05:33:58 pm »
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2014, 05:58:25 pm »

Eh, he's nine. We were all into kiddy shows at that age.

When he gets old enough to [not] shave and hang around with socially-inept bronies, it's time for some intervention.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2014, 06:05:53 pm »
My guess is shit like this happens because it's easier to make a small change to a single party than it is to deal with the actual situation.  Kid being bullied for a backpack?  Don't bother with the lengthy, difficult process of punishing the bullies and dealing with their parents and addressing harmful societal perceptions; just take away the backpack.  Problem solved. 

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2014, 06:28:26 pm »
Lazy pricks.  This is what happens when parents have too much sway over school politics.  It becomes all about coddling poor widdle Johnny Fuckup and less about making sure they have the tools they need to survive in the real fucking world.  Hate to be dog-eat-dog and a tad...Randroid about it, but if the little bastard fucks up and starts making life hell for other students, expel the little overdeveloped cumshot, and fuck what the parents think.

Why yes, I do in fact give zero fucks about the feelings of bullies.  Didn't want 'em hurt?  Shouldn't have decided to pick on other kids, you little shitskid.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline IanC

• Pope
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2014, 06:41:35 pm »
Why do schools never do anything to actually punish the bullies? my brother was bullied for years before my parents actually found out. Some kids just need the shit slapped out of them, and their parents too.
I was bullied, and yet who got expelled from school? Me. Never the bullies, but me, for acting back. Grr.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2014, 07:55:38 pm »
I hope Mom & the kid make a noise.

This is what happens when Wingnuts run for School Administration & such. Time for the Progressive & sane to run & take over. Surely it would be easier than running for a big office like Governor, Senator or President.

Progressives need to run for office from the bottom-up! That's how the Tealiban Wingnuts took over!

We can fight this.

To Mom & kid, get the ACLU and keep bringing the MLP stuff to school!

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2014, 07:57:54 pm »

Eh, he's nine. We were all into kiddy shows at that age.

When he gets old enough to [not] shave and hang around with socially-inept bronies, it's time for some intervention.
Still not okay to let the bully's off.