Author Topic: Random Thoughts Thread  (Read 161181 times)

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
Re: Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #225 on: September 23, 2015, 03:02:40 am »
Ever notice how nobody in Repo: The Genetic Opera seems to have the slightest clue what the word genetic even means? They all know what kind of container zydrate comes in though.

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #226 on: September 29, 2015, 11:45:53 pm »
I read in books set long ago where some wealthy philanthropist would host a dinner party and invite great minds of science, arts and literature, politics, and so on. And these great men and women would sit and discuss ideas. So do these so go on? And if so, how would one go about crashing one?
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #227 on: September 30, 2015, 02:23:26 am »
I read in books set long ago where some wealthy philanthropist would host a dinner party and invite great minds of science, arts and literature, politics, and so on. And these great men and women would sit and discuss ideas. So do these so go on? And if so, how would one go about crashing one?

I think this would be a good way to crash one.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #228 on: September 30, 2015, 04:45:56 am »
Crash through the dining room window butt naked, scream at the top of your lungs, then run laps of the room while barking like a dog. You'll fit right in, trust me.

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #229 on: September 30, 2015, 11:02:23 pm »
Yeah, in general just do the opposite of what Art tells you to, and you'll be fine.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #230 on: October 13, 2015, 10:27:29 am »
Any British posters we have here: Why the hell do you pronounce lieutenant "leftenant" when there is no combination of letters anywhere in there that lend themselves to the "F" phoneme in the English language?
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #231 on: October 13, 2015, 11:12:26 am »
As a non Brit I will use my admittedly crappy linguistic skills to tell you why. Two words: The French!, basically Britain had a hate boner for France and since Lieutenant is a French word (as far as my research says) they mispronounced to distance themselves from them.

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #232 on: October 14, 2015, 03:16:08 pm »
Can't speak for the British, but in Canadian English it's pronounced leh-tenant. There's no F sound anywhere, just a short E.

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #233 on: October 15, 2015, 05:17:46 am »
Should I mirror my avatar so that it will be looking nervously at my post rather than away from it? It feels like it would work better but I only figured it out after changing my avatar and I'm not sure if I should go through the trouble of changing it again after such a short while.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #234 on: October 15, 2015, 11:06:56 am »
....yes.  Oh my god yes.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #235 on: October 15, 2015, 03:44:43 pm »
I like this new avatar of yours, Askold, but I loved that jaunty little knight with his sword, too.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Even Then

« Reply #236 on: October 16, 2015, 06:58:49 pm »
If there's no reason to care or love, then there's no reason not to.
If there's no reason to be considerate of others, there's no reason not to be.
If there's no reason to aspire, then there's no reason not to.
If there's no reason to restrain oneself, there's also no reason not to.
If there's no reason to have hope, there's no reason not to have it.
If there's no reason to believe, there's no reason not to.
If there's no reason to try to live life the way you feel is right for you and makes sense for you, there's no reason not to.
If there's no reason to do good by one's fellow man, then there's no reason not to.

The world is arbitrary and chaotic and barren of purpose. Order, justice, anything that people think is stable can change or disappear, over and over. People can turn coat, the things we've built can be destroyed in a flash, and even this planet can be annihilated by cosmic events beyond man's control.
People can control so little, stabilize so little.

But I think I'll still try to feel, to enjoy things,  to think and ponder, to figure things out for myself, to share the company of people, to  explore the unknown and take risks, to try and fail and try again, to express myself. I'll still try to live.

Why not? :)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 07:24:05 pm by Even Then »

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #237 on: October 16, 2015, 07:32:18 pm »
If there's no reason to care or love, then there's no reason not to.
If there's no reason to be considerate of others, there's no reason not to be.
If there's no reason to aspire, then there's no reason not to.
If there's no reason to restrain oneself, there's also no reason not to.
If there's no reason to have hope, there's no reason not to have it.
If there's no reason to believe, there's no reason not to.
If there's no reason to try to live life the way you feel is right for you and makes sense for you, there's no reason not to.
If there's no reason to do good by one's fellow man, then there's no reason not to.

The world is arbitrary and chaotic and barren of purpose. Order, justice, anything that people think is stable can change or disappear, over and over. People can turn coat, the things we've built can be destroyed in a flash, and even this planet can be annihilated by cosmic events beyond man's control.
People can control so little, stabilize so little.

But I think I'll still try to feel, to enjoy things,  to think and ponder, to figure things out for myself, to share the company of people, to  explore the unknown and take risks, to try and fail and try again, to express myself. I'll still try to live.

Why not? :)

your only judge is yourself. live as you can see yourself. the best trial is the mirror test. look at yourself in a mirror. are you ashamed of what you see? are you proud of what you see? can you look at yourself tomorrow based on your actions of today? therein lies the question.

that's the way i live. it's a hard way, but it's worth it. i won't tell you to force yourself to do it, but i'd like you to try it out, for curiosity's sake. you might like what you become...  ;)
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Even Then

« Reply #238 on: October 16, 2015, 07:49:16 pm »
Eh, I'll leave you to yours. That sounds a bit too heavy.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #239 on: October 16, 2015, 08:02:15 pm »
my spiritual fathers are ozzy, rob halford, and lemmy. the heavier the better. but the mirror test keeps my psychotic urges in check. if you find a way that fits you, i'd be curious to hear it. truly, your life is your own. :)
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯