Author Topic: Random Thoughts Thread  (Read 159889 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #690 on: February 17, 2017, 10:41:21 pm »
Its still weird that I can rob entire shops blind and not take a single point of karma loss.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #691 on: February 18, 2017, 01:32:03 am »
...Yeah, that's the good old days of kleptomaniac heroes who would walk into people's houses and take everything that wasn't nailed down. Despite how annoying it may be I think it is improvement that F3 and forwards stealing is seen as a bad thing even if you aren't taking stuff from someone's pocket.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #692 on: February 18, 2017, 09:20:12 am »
Aye; if nothing else, it makes remaining karmically positive more difficult.  Sorry, wastelanders, but Ultima VII taught me that success lies not in the Eight Virtues, but in serial kleptomania.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #693 on: February 20, 2017, 05:17:01 am »
I just saw a reddit thread where an Anarcho capitalist was defending pedophiles because "fuck statists" and an Alt-right neo-nazi was arguing with him "because faggots need to be thrown in the oven with the kikes." Note that this was commentary on a video where Milo Yiannapopusomething was defending pedophiles because "it is actually about ethics in game journalism."

...These are strange times.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #694 on: February 23, 2017, 12:08:50 am »
Mods are essentially the video game equivalent of fanfiction.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #695 on: February 23, 2017, 12:47:29 am »
A lot of crap and only a handful of good ones...you're not wrong.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #696 on: February 23, 2017, 12:55:24 am »
Also, that would make Minecraft the video game equivalent of Harry Potter (though the decent to shit ratio for Minecraft mods is orders of magnitude higher than it is for Harry Potter fanfiction).

Art Vandelay

« Reply #697 on: March 11, 2017, 11:44:45 pm »
Speeding tickets are real life microtransactions for a speed boost.

People who take pictures of their food are basically taking pictures of their next shit.

Some of us are still "it" from a childhood game of tag.

Children in the back seat can cause accidents, and accidents in the back seat can cause children.

In "The Walking Dead", everyone is preoccupied with the monsters when the humans are the real threat. In "Game of Thrones", everyone is preoccupied with the humans when the monsters are the real threat.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 11:51:25 pm by Art Vandelay »

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #698 on: March 14, 2017, 01:32:11 pm »
The new EU gun laws have now been decided...

Depending on how our government treats them our gun laws might become much more lax than they have previously been. This despite the fact that EU wanted to make much more strict gun laws.

EDIT: I saw a claim that the "villain fandom" doesn't like Trump even though he is clearly a villain as he is neither smart, charismatic or have a sympathetic motivation and that this is a common thing with real world dictators compared to fictional villains.

I call bullshit on this. It's just too soon. Do have any idea how many people idolize Hitler? Have you heard his speeches? Seen any pictures of him? He may not have been played by Sir Christopher Lee and Stephanie Meyer didn't write his speeches but he sure seems popular. (Also, his background of "I went to a war and the only injury I got was syphilis so naturally I blame the Jews" isn't particularly awesome or sympathetic.)

I bet that 10 years from now Trump fanbase will still be as fanatical as now and he will already have an "ironic" fandom and in 20 years historical revisionists will make him out to be a hero for their cause.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 01:57:29 am by Askold »

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #699 on: March 18, 2017, 07:20:17 am »
Didn't Hitler lose a nut in the Great War, as well?  He also lost most of a very commanding mustache.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #700 on: March 18, 2017, 07:39:03 am »
Hitler was in hospital during the war but for him, like it was for a considerable number of "casualties" during the war, the "injuries" came from a prostitute rather than the guns of their enemies.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #701 on: March 19, 2017, 03:00:15 am »
So I find it rather interesting that as the descendant of a group of people who were at some points slaves for a long stretch of time I in The Elder Scrolls play a race (Argonians) that was also a slave for a long stretch of time.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #702 on: March 22, 2017, 01:09:32 am »
381 redirects (from FQA to FSTDT Forums) and I'll bet most of them are me.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #703 on: March 22, 2017, 04:05:35 pm »
SO YOU'RE THE ONE!  FUCKING SAVE THE GOD DAMN URL SO I CAN STOP GETTING IT TO 5 OR 0 AS THE FINAL DIGIT!

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #704 on: March 27, 2017, 10:01:12 am »
Maybe flat-Earth believers don't really exist. ...Could it be that they are merely an elaborate hoax created for a sinister cause?