Author Topic: You go on a vacation...  (Read 21084 times)

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
  • The person who discovered England's true monarch
Re: You go on a vacation...
« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2018, 09:29:44 pm »
How many "multiple levels" of government and bureaucracy are required, and what are each of these multiple levels composed of and what do they actually do?

Once again, learn to fucking read. It's not hard.

I answered that question and said that any multiple levels of government makes it a nation.
1. Any system that has any multiple levels of government counts as a nation. Multiple levels indicates there being local governments under a central government.
It is you that needs to learn to fucking read.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #76 on: November 23, 2018, 09:34:02 pm »
Once again, vague bullshit. "local governments" does not answer the question. How many of these levels are required, and what does each level need in terms of power, composition and duties. Not that I expect you to actually answer the question at this point.

What the fuck am I even doing? I said I was done two posts ago.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2018, 09:50:19 pm »
Once again, vague bullshit. "local governments" does not answer the question. How many of these levels are required, and what does each level need in terms of power, composition and duties. Not that I expect you to actually answer the question at this point.

What the fuck am I even doing? I said I was done two posts ago.

At least two levels and the higher level needs to have supreme authority over the local levels. By the way this is my 1485th post and 1485 was the year of the Battle of Bosworth Field when Richard III England’s last true King was killed in battle and the throne was usurped by the illegitimate false king Henry VII.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2018, 09:50:54 pm »
2. You have it wrong. The kings in the medieval times did have absolute power. There was a concept that they had divine right to rule. Kings had the power to disinherit rebellious vassals, order taxation, and make laws for the entire kingdom. King Henry II established Common Law in England.

I have to point this out specifically because of how laughably wrong it actually is. Kings in the *medieval times* had absolute power?

Just that one statement proves that you know fuck-all about European history and should really just stop now, because absolute monarchy is a *Renaissance* concept that very definitely did not exist in Europe in the fucking 1200s.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #79 on: November 23, 2018, 09:55:28 pm »
2. You have it wrong. The kings in the medieval times did have absolute power. There was a concept that they had divine right to rule. Kings had the power to disinherit rebellious vassals, order taxation, and make laws for the entire kingdom. King Henry II established Common Law in England.

I have to point this out specifically because of how laughably wrong it actually is. Kings in the *medieval times* had absolute power?

Just that one statement proves that you know fuck-all about European history and should really just stop now, because absolute monarchy is a *Renaissance* concept that very definitely did not exist in Europe in the fucking 1200s.

Ok it wasn’t absolute but the kings had a considerable amount of power, enough that the kingdoms count as united civilized nations.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #80 on: November 23, 2018, 09:59:31 pm »
Sure, if murdering your neighbors over a miniscule territory dispute or a couple of cows counts as "civilized", why the heck not.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #81 on: November 23, 2018, 11:58:16 pm »
If "Multiple levels of government" is all that is needed then the conquest of North America was illegitimate according to Jacob's everchanging goalposts. Actually, we are back to Cnut the Great's line being the true rulers of England as well according to his latest rules.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #82 on: November 24, 2018, 12:55:24 am »
If a nation needs multiple levels of government, can we seize the Vatican?
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #83 on: November 24, 2018, 01:34:38 am »
When I was a kid one of my favorite books was HG Wells's The War of the Worlds, the harrowing story of how the British Empire suddenly was attacked by Martians, a far more advanced society that came to conquer them and reduce them to slaves and livestock and kill anyone who fought back or got in the way.

DIRECT QUESTION Jacob:

Do you root for the Martians in this book?  If it were to really happen, the cylinders fall from the sky, the great Fighting Machines are burning the English alive and choking them with the black smoke, would you take the Martians side and be willingly consumed as a snack for your new overlords?  After all they are the far more advanced society, with the British lacking Interplanetary space travel, giant fighting machines, heat rays or an advanced system of government that units the whole planet so they aren't advanced enough for conquest to be wrong.

Who's side are you on here?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 02:22:09 am by Skybison »

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #84 on: November 24, 2018, 07:53:41 am »
If "Multiple levels of government" is all that is needed then the conquest of North America was illegitimate according to Jacob's everchanging goalposts. Actually, we are back to Cnut the Great's line being the true rulers of England as well according to his latest rules.

The tribes usually had one chief as the level of government. And England already had multiple levels of government before Cnut conquered it because it had nobles that had earldoms over the different parts of England.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #85 on: November 24, 2018, 07:55:52 am »
If a nation needs multiple levels of government, can we seize the Vatican?

No because the Catholic Church as a whole has multiple levels of government.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #86 on: November 24, 2018, 08:04:08 am »
When I was a kid one of my favorite books was HG Wells's The War of the Worlds, the harrowing story of how the British Empire suddenly was attacked by Martians, a far more advanced society that came to conquer them and reduce them to slaves and livestock and kill anyone who fought back or got in the way.

DIRECT QUESTION Jacob:

Do you root for the Martians in this book?  If it were to really happen, the cylinders fall from the sky, the great Fighting Machines are burning the English alive and choking them with the black smoke, would you take the Martians side and be willingly consumed as a snack for your new overlords?  After all they are the far more advanced society, with the British lacking Interplanetary space travel, giant fighting machines, heat rays or an advanced system of government that units the whole planet so they aren't advanced enough for conquest to be wrong.

Who's side are you on here?

I am on the side of the British Because first of all, it is wrong to eat sentient beings that you conquered and second, the British met the adaquate degree of advancement because being a nation with multiple levels of government, a bureaucracy, a system of writing, knowledge of iron and steel, computers, and millitary technology that makes it advanced enough that it is wrong to conquer them, unless it is for the purpose of restoring the true heir to the throne of England.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 08:17:44 am by Jacob Harrison »

Art Vandelay

« Reply #87 on: November 24, 2018, 08:08:45 am »
What if the aliens restored the True Heir (of the week), but ate 5% of the population in exchange? Would that be okay?

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #88 on: November 24, 2018, 08:11:07 am »
What if the aliens restored the True Heir (of the week), but ate 5% of the population in exchange? Would that be okay?

It would be bad that they ate 5% of the population but good that they restored the true heir.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #89 on: November 24, 2018, 08:12:41 am »

It would be bad that they ate 5% of the population but good that they restored the true heir.

But would it be worth it? That is the question.