Author Topic: Two NYPD Officers Murdered  (Read 7540 times)

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
Re: Two NYPD Officers Murdered
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2014, 08:36:32 pm »
I don't want to say they deserve it, because they obviously don't deserve it, but... you know, if there wasn't so much police brutality going on right now, maybe this wouldn't have happened.

Hate to break it to you man but this dude was psycho and was looking for someone in blue to kill.

Ironbite-sucks with the timing and everything.

I suppose so. Still makes me wonder if, if all this hadn't been happening, his targets might have been someone else. But who knows. Tragedy all around.
I'm sure if it wasn't cops it would have some people in a 7/11 or something.

I imagine there's going to be 500 million "Race hustlers only care when a black guy gets killed, they're the REAL RACISTS!" comments now.

The cops who got shot were Asian and Hispanic (Not sure on the second one, guessing based on names.).
I remember after Trayvon Martin there was some murder committed against some biker the right wing was rallying about, this was despite the fact all three were charged and one was white.

I imagine the "But what about Black-on-White crime!" BS has been around for a loong time, and the counterpoint will remain the same "When a black guy kills a white guy he will be convicted."

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2014, 08:41:07 pm »
I don't want to say they deserve it, because they obviously don't deserve it, but... you know, if there wasn't so much police brutality going on right now, maybe this wouldn't have happened.

Hate to break it to you man but this dude was psycho and was looking for someone in blue to kill.

I suppose so. Still makes me wonder if, if all this hadn't been happening, his targets might have been someone else. But who knows. Tragedy all around.

I imagine there's going to be 500 million "Race hustlers only care when a black guy gets killed, they're the REAL RACISTS!" comments now.

The cops who got shot were Asian and Hispanic (Not sure on the second one, guessing based on names.).
I remember after Trayvon Martin there was some murder committed against some biker the right wing was rallying about, this was despite the fact all three were charged and one was white.

I imagine the "But what about Black-on-White crime!" BS has been around for a loong time, and the counterpoint will remain the same "When a black guy kills a white guy he will be convicted."

Well, there are exceptions:

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2014, 08:48:59 pm »

That trial was a travesty of justice in which the defence lawyer bamboozled the jury into ignoring all the traditional standards of proof in favour of "DNA evidence or bust". It's small consolation that he got taken for a ride in the civil proceedings.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2014, 09:02:52 pm »

Well, sure, but they're exceptions, not the standard.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2014, 09:04:08 pm »

Well, sure, but they're exceptions, not the standard.

Fair enough.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2014, 09:10:31 pm »

That trial was a travesty of justice in which the defence lawyer bamboozled the jury into ignoring all the traditional standards of proof in favour of "DNA evidence or bust". It's small consolation that he got taken for a ride in the civil proceedings.

Let's not forget the DA was a joke and there was a whole bunch of BS that the LAPD did that further poisoned this case.

Ironbite-the shenanigans this trial had was the stuff of legends.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2014, 09:51:49 pm »
While I think it has been said, it should be remembered that basically OJ was acquitted because despite appearing really guilty the LAPD doctored some evidence to make it look even more likely and got caught out doing it.

If the gloves don't fit you must acquit. It's not just a catchy line (which it is) its the fact that a jury must have reasonable doubt if some of the prosecution  evidence has been fabricated.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2014, 09:53:15 pm »
The case was a bad joke, start to finish.

Offline mythbuster43

• Pope
    • Northwest View
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2014, 10:27:11 pm »
Also, OJ Simpson was a rich celebrity. The only place the justice system is colorblind is at the top, where the rich, famous, and powerful can bribe and/or lawyer their way out of accountability for anything.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2014, 01:11:56 am »
Truly a tragedy. My heart goes out to their families.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2014, 02:51:16 pm »
Patrick Lynch is a rabble-rouser and a terrible representative of policemen, much like all other police union leaders across the nation from Alabama to Alaska. He and his type seek the "state within a state" brand of policing, to our mutual detriment.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 02:53:19 pm by Second Coming of Madman »
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2014, 07:14:51 pm »
Thankfully, it looks like the killer's girlfriend is expected to survive.

http://news.yahoo.com/authorities-id-woman-shot-man-killed-2-nypd-175708543.html
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2014, 05:37:23 am »
The police union has acted absolutely disgracefully, deciding to dishonestly blame the mayor, exploiting the tragedy to demand he resign and reappoint Guiliani or perhaps Joe Stalin, or anyone more amenable to the vicious, brutal, ineffective, old-fashioned over-policing they prefer in any case. They also seem to believe they have a right not to be criticised under any circumstances, ever.

I'd despise them for the lack of regard they show their dead comrades, but actually I hate more their total contempt for the democratic process. Fuck them. Anyone who signs their evil, despicable petition should be instantly fired.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2014, 09:18:22 pm »