Author Topic: Creationist Science Hindered By A Lack of Trained Scientists  (Read 9349 times)

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
Re: Creationist Science Hindered By A Lack of Trained Scientists
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2013, 12:52:30 am »
Just according to keikaku.
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline anti-nonsense

• Nerdalicious Canadian
  • Pope
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2013, 01:03:23 am »
My reaction to the topic title was "Gee, what a fucking surprise" ;D

Then again I stopped believing in Young Earth Creationism long before I stopped being a fundie, even.  Instead, I believed in what someone more or less stated as "God striking the primordial ooze with a bolt of lightning and then sitting back and watching things happen."  (They put it much more eloquently than that, but I can't remember.)

Or, basically, evolution with a bit of a divine nudge.  To me, that was a more fantastic method of "Creating things" - pushing the right button and watching the Divine Rube Goldberg machine go and do stuff. Rather than "This shall be! *POOF* This shall be! *POOF*"

My current beliefs exactly. To me, evolution is one of G-d's more brilliant inventions.

Alternatively, I see G-d watching the universe unfold and muttering, "Just as planned"

and does he then take a potato chip....and EAT IT?
From international relations to religious rivalries, from marriage to athlete's foot, whatever the problem a fundy's first solution is usually violence.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2013, 01:23:02 am »
However, there is much work that still needs to be done, and this work is hindered by a lack of trained scientists.

Maybe you wouldn't have this problem if your "work" didn't consist of fighting against science.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2013, 01:41:28 am »
I prefer the SMT view of Ywyh and lucy

Offline the_ignored

• Bishop
    • Skeptic Friends Network
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2013, 10:08:59 pm »
From the Institute of Creation Research:

ICR, together with the rest of the creation science movement, has made great strides in the last 40 years. In many areas, the superiority of the creation worldview has been clearly demonstrated. Even now, ICR is making exciting discoveries in the fields of biology and geology, and we have started new research initiatives in the field of astronomy. However, there is much work that still needs to be done, and this work is hindered by a lack of trained scientists.
No, you shitheads...the work is hindered by a lack of actual fucking evidence for your bullshit.  You clowns are still trying to deal with the "starlight problem".

It isn't even a problem in the first place for actual scientists who go by the evidence as opposed to some statement of faith that says that anything that goes against the bible is not valid by definition.
All things in the universe were created and made by God in the six literal days of the Creation Week described in Genesis 1:1-2:3, and confirmed in Exodus 20:8-11. The creation record is factual, historical, and perspicuous; thus all theories of origins or development that involve evolution in any form are false. All things that now exist are sustained and ordered by God's providential care. However, a part of the spiritual creation, Satan and his angels, rebelled against God after the creation and are attempting to thwart His divine purposes in creation.

Back to ICR quotes:
For those who do have an interest in science, we wish to offer a few words of advice. Work hard to get the best possible grades and push yourself to truly understand the material. When choosing a school, choose one with a rigorous academic program and a research program that truly interests you. Although you should not be dishonest about what you believe, it’s probably prudent to not draw attention to your creationist beliefs while you are a student, particularly if you are in a field that directly touches upon the origins controversy (such as paleontology, biology, or geology).
And don't forget that once you become a creationist, if you want to join AIG or ICR, etc. you'll have to give up your academic integrity because you'll be required to agree to their statements of faith before they'll even let you join them, much less do any "research" with them.
By definition, no apparent, perceived or claimed evidence in any field, including history and chronology, can be valid if it contradicts the scriptural record. Of primary importance is the fact that evidence is always subject to interpretation by fallible people who do not possess all information.

Back to the ICR quotes:
Given the increasing anti-Christian sentiment in society and the academic persecution in the secular universities, there may very well come a day when it will no longer be possible for a Bible-believing Christian to get an advanced degree in the natural sciences.
"Academic persecution in the secular universities"?  I was not aware that the Campus Crusade for Christ and other such groups were having any problems.

I've yet to hear of any xian who got tossed from a secular university for his or her beliefs.  On the other hand, we all now know how welcome non-believers are in their institutions of higher learning...

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2013, 10:43:52 pm »
Given the increasing anti-Christian sentiment in society and the academic persecution in the secular universities, there may very well come a day when it will no longer be possible for a Bible-believing Christian to get an advanced degree in the natural sciences.

Oh, all of you shut up.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2013, 12:49:06 am »

I am sad to say that believers of myths will not be denied advanced degrees any time soon. I am sad, not because I think we should discriminate based on religion, but because in a better world, our scientists will have mastered clarity of mind to degrees we cannot yet expect to teach. A degree where the dual-mindedness of seeing the evidence for Earth as it is, and holding the thought that it is less than 10,000 years old, will be as impossible as adding two and two and getting four thousand and ninety-six.
Σא

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2013, 04:11:26 pm »
What blows my mind is that TONS of good Christians accept evolution with no problem yet such a proposition is alien to these guys. Just accept the Genesis story as an allegory & leave it at that, GEEZ!

GAWD! I HATE ZEALOTS!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2013, 06:34:14 pm »
What blows my mind is that TONS of good Christians accept evolution with no problem yet such a proposition is alien to these guys. Just accept the Genesis story as an allegory & leave it at that, GEEZ!

GAWD! I HATE ZEALOTS!

Yes I bet you do.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2013, 08:52:44 pm »
My reaction to the topic title was "Gee, what a fucking surprise" ;D

Then again I stopped believing in Young Earth Creationism long before I stopped being a fundie, even.  Instead, I believed in what someone more or less stated as "God striking the primordial ooze with a bolt of lightning and then sitting back and watching things happen."  (They put it much more eloquently than that, but I can't remember.)

Or, basically, evolution with a bit of a divine nudge.  To me, that was a more fantastic method of "Creating things" - pushing the right button and watching the Divine Rube Goldberg machine go and do stuff. Rather than "This shall be! *POOF* This shall be! *POOF*"

My current beliefs exactly. To me, evolution is one of G-d's more brilliant inventions.

Alternatively, I see G-d watching the universe unfold and muttering, "Just as planned"

Pretty close to what I think too, those posts. 
Though I'm picturing God watching things unfold and saying "Just as planned" in a more benevolent-sounding way.  Not reminding me of Monty Burns, Dr. Claw, or Goldfinger.

Though I wouldn't mind if he had a cat.

Offline majingojira

• Neonate
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2013, 07:07:39 pm »
By definition, no apparent, perceived or claimed evidence in any field, including history and chronology, can be valid if it contradicts the scriptural record. Of primary importance is the fact that evidence is always subject to interpretation by fallible people who do not possess all information.

You know who were also 'fallible people who do not possess all information?'' The writers of the scriptural record! Yeah, that's right. By your own admission, your holy scriptures were not in fact written by the perfect entities of God or Jesus, but by human beings who were "divinely inspired!" Yeah, whatever that means. Inspiration is not the same thing as transcribing, in fact it's not even close.

Offline Atheism Exposed

• Neonate
  • Eternally Saved
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2013, 10:57:17 am »
However, there is much work that still needs to be done, and this work is hindered by a lack of trained scientists.

Maybe you wouldn't have this problem if your "work" didn't consist of fighting against science.

We aren't fighting against science.  What we're fighting against is the cabal of Atheist 'scientists' who control the establishment, push their naturalistic lies and silence anyone who dissents.  If more people were allowed to hear the Truth, these Atheists would be out of a job once their fabric of lies was exposed.  Can't allow that to happen, eh?
Visit my Youtube channel for more videos and information :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ5PX9YnqI2le1uwXxWwQ6w

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2013, 11:03:00 am »

We aren't fighting against science.  What we're fighting against is the cabal of Atheist 'scientists' who control the establishment, push their naturalistic lies and silence anyone who dissents.  If more people were allowed to hear the Truth, these Atheists would be out of a job once their fabric of lies was exposed.  Can't allow that to happen, eh?
Yes, you shall all be silenced! Our secret world controlling power will silence you all! Your Truth shall die!
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2013, 11:03:12 am »

"Cabal?" Seriously?

News flash: Science is a self-correcting process, not a monolithic, Illuminati-esque organization. Scientists disagree with each others' findings all the time, often publicly and sometimes venomously. Hardly what you'd expect from a secret brotherhood bent on world domination.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2013, 12:04:02 pm »

You don't know any actual scientists, do you?