Author Topic: TV shows that need to die  (Read 87334 times)

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
TV shows that need to die
« on: June 24, 2012, 12:02:23 pm »
It's pretty obvious that a lot of TV is absolute crap these days, but some shows demonstrate this extraordinarily. Let me list a few of the monstrosities I've recently seen.

1. Fred: The Show. Anyone remember the obnoxious Fred video series on YouTube? The irritating guy whose voice is altered to be dramatically higher than usual? Yeah, it's a show now. It follows his life as a high school teenager who has painfully stupid conflicts, like forgetting to study for a history test. And yes, he's still got that awful voice. If there's one thing that makes me cringe, makes me wish I could listen to a chorus of nails on thousands of chalkboards, it's his voice. He's not entertaining in any way, and I can't imagine why anyone would willingly subject themselves to such absolute shit.

2. iCarly. It's a teen sitcom (need I say more?) following a girl who has her own web show. The characters are exasperating, especially Carly -- the one girl in high school whom most people wanted to whip with a car antennae for her shallow personality and childish habits. Her friends are no better, and there's an episode where they end up making this kid's life a living hell after they posted a video of him losing his temper online. Great shit for teens to follow.

3. The Simpsons. Don't get me wrong, I've loved and watched the show for years, but the writers are completely pulling shit out of their asses now to create what doesn't even deserve to be called an episode. I actually think they've run out of things in their ass to pull out and have to resort to other places, because my god, there's very little quality now. The characters aren't who they used to be. They seem overly exaggerated for comedic effect, and decent stories are often sacrificed for celebrity appearances. It makes me sad to see one of my favorite shows in such a state.

I know there's a hell of a lot more that I've excluded from this list, but those are the most recent irritants. Honestly, I don't watch much TV these days, partially because of quality and partially because of internet. Anyway, what are some shows you think need to end?
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: TV shows that need to die
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 01:14:10 pm »
iCarly's going away.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 01:24:25 pm »
1. Fred: The Show. Anyone remember the obnoxious Fred video series on YouTube? The irritating guy whose voice is altered to be dramatically higher than usual? Yeah, it's a show now.

Seriously? What the hell, humanity?
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 01:24:52 pm »
I'm shocked no one's said Jersey Shore yet.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Art Vandelay

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 01:28:25 pm »
I assumed it's a given, along with all other forms of reality TV.

Saturn500

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 01:31:01 pm »
I assumed it's a given, along with all other forms of reality TV.
Yes, especially 16 17 18 19 Kids and Counting.

Offline Sleepy

• The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 01:48:32 pm »
iCarly's going away.

Well, thank fuck. One less piece of trash on the shit that is now Nickelodeon.

I was actually going to include Jersey Shore in the OP, but I figured it's an atrocity that speaks for itself.

Actually, can we wipe out most kids' shows? I've seen several lately because my sister's kid was here, and they're just fucking awful. Everything from a distorted new Mickey Mouse to The Wiggles to Spongebob, which I've always hated.

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2012, 02:13:01 pm »
Most of Cartoon Network's lineup, unfortunately.  There's still a few keepers among the dreck, but what happened to the quality stuff? oh... right.  Those all got cancelled.  Dexter's Lab, Samurai Jack, Juniper Lee, Megas XLR, the anime block's almost WORSE now...

And why are they still showing King of the Hill?
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Art Vandelay

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2012, 02:17:07 pm »
The Big Bang Theory needs to either die or go back to being about pseudo-geek humour. The first couple of seasons were ok, but now it's just about relationship drama like every other fucking TV show ever.

Also, Family Guy and South Park are both clearly way past their prime. I think it's time for them to die with a little dignity.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2012, 02:38:54 pm »
The Big Bang Theory needs to either die or go back to being about pseudo-geek humour. The first couple of seasons were ok, but now it's just about relationship drama like every other fucking TV show ever.

Also, Family Guy and South Park are both clearly way past their prime. I think it's time for them to die with a little dignity.

I never liked The Big Bang or Family Guy. And while I liked South Park for a while, I have to agree too that it's getting really tired.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2012, 03:16:55 pm »
I agree with most of the above listed. 
 In fact, I think all that I would've listed off the top of my head HAVE been listed...  Now I'll have to ponder...

The only thing I can think of is just reality TV in general, but as has been said: it's a given.  Heh.

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2012, 03:43:13 pm »
3. The Simpsons. Don't get me wrong, I've loved and watched the show for years, but the writers are completely pulling shit out of their asses now to create what doesn't even deserve to be called an episode. I actually think they've run out of things in their ass to pull out and have to resort to other places, because my god, there's very little quality now. The characters aren't who they used to be. They seem overly exaggerated for comedic effect, and decent stories are often sacrificed for celebrity appearances. It makes me sad to see one of my favorite shows in such a state.

The Simpsons should have died some time around 1998.

1. Fred: The Show. Anyone remember the obnoxious Fred video series on YouTube? The irritating guy whose voice is altered to be dramatically higher than usual? Yeah, it's a show now.

Oh, it gets worse. Guess what just premiered on Cartoon Network.

Offline Sleepy

• The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2012, 03:47:49 pm »

Oh, it gets worse. Guess what just premiered on Cartoon Network.

You've got to be fucking kidding me.

shykid

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2012, 04:00:38 pm »
Well, at least there's not an Annoying Orange / Fred crossover.

Offline Sleepy

• The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2012, 04:06:33 pm »
Well, at least there's not an Annoying Orange / Fred crossover.

Shh, you're gonna give them ideas.

Also, I know reality shows are a given, but I feel the need to mention Toddlers & Tiaras, as disgusting as it is. That type of competition is unhealthy for the parents and kids.