Author Topic: Has anyone else had this issue?  (Read 4052 times)

Offline Nightangel8212

• The Wicked Witch of the Great White North
  • The Beast
Has anyone else had this issue?
« on: March 20, 2013, 05:44:24 pm »
I was insanely upset last night. I logged in to fstdt, went to confidential confessions to post about my issues (it was a long post) hit the post button... and suddenly my screen says this:

"Google Chrome is unable to connect with fstdt."

I hit back and tried again. Same result. I cleaned up the computer, and this time it wouldn't let me log in at all. It just let me back in now. Every time I tried, it said "Google Chrome is unable to connect with fstdt."

Is this something that happens with google chrome often here, or was the site down? I'm just trying to figure out what the hell was going on.

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
Re: Has anyone else had this issue?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 06:37:12 pm »
I was insanely upset last night. I logged in to fstdt, went to confidential confessions to post about my issues (it was a long post) hit the post button... and suddenly my screen says this:

"Google Chrome is unable to connect with fstdt."

I hit back and tried again. Same result. I cleaned up the computer, and this time it wouldn't let me log in at all. It just let me back in now. Every time I tried, it said "Google Chrome is unable to connect with fstdt."

Is this something that happens with google chrome often here, or was the site down? I'm just trying to figure out what the hell was going on.

I haven't.

What version of chrome is it?  What OS do you use?  32 or 64 bit?  What did you do to "clean up?"  Have you considered not using Chrome until this gets fixed?

We don't have much to go off of, honestly.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Nightangel8212

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 07:01:06 pm »
I... honestly didn't even know that chrome had different versions... This is my bf's computer, so I'm not sure about any of those questions, except that I used CCleaner to clean up. And this has happened rather frequently with me, but last night it really upset me because I was... well, I was upset. I come here to vent quite often, and when I couldn't, it made me feel worse.

Is there a particular place on the computer I can look to figure this stuff out? When it comes to computers, except for text document programs and typing, I'm really kinda stupid when it comes to them...

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 07:32:39 pm »
I check http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/. Put in the URL and it'll tell you if the site is actually down or if it's an issue on your end. This site has been down a fair deal of late.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Nightangel8212

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 08:48:01 pm »
I check http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/. Put in the URL and it'll tell you if the site is actually down or if it's an issue on your end. This site has been down a fair deal of late.

Ooh, thanks. I have the web address written down. I had no idea there was a site like that. :D

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 11:30:56 pm »

Ooh, thanks. I have the web address written down. I had no idea there was a site like that. :D

Nor did I.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 11:37:43 pm »
Thanks dpareja! I had the same prob using IE and then chrome earlier today, saves time to have a check-all app like that.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Kradorex Xeron

• Technical Consultant
  • Administrator
  • Bishop
  • Digitally Original
    • Personal Site
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 12:31:59 am »
Hi,

Earlier at approximately 13:50 EDT on 21 March, we had been experiencing resource exhaustion issues on our mainframe system that hosts this site. The resource exhaustion issues have been traced to the fact a system maintenance process was not operational and wasn't cleaning up after various system services. The program responsible for prevention of service memory exhaustion (called the "load reaper" as it reaps resources back to the system when load gets too high) was among them. It along with the other processes have since been re-activated.

Thank you and securely,
>>K. Xeron
Executive Director, Digibase Operations
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 12:34:15 am by Kradorex Xeron »
~Krad Xeron

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 11:55:39 pm »
Good to see it's resolved.  Now to say what I came here for:

HOLY SHIT!  You got Kradorex to post here! :O