Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1114100 times)

QueenofHearts

Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #2955 on: January 11, 2014, 08:17:02 am »
Stories like this are why I don't take "Die cis scum" (and those who get offended by it) seriously.

wrightway

« Reply #2956 on: January 11, 2014, 05:11:37 pm »

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #2957 on: January 11, 2014, 05:20:22 pm »
Is that shit still going around? really?

And I thought Titus was one of the Apocrypha...
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Kain

• God
  • The Alkaline one
« Reply #2958 on: January 11, 2014, 05:39:14 pm »
In paranoia I find genius / But the ice-dreams have come
with spiritless consequence / A hatchet has been hidden
between my eyes / A hatchet gift-wrapped in paranoia / A
wooden heart never bleeds / A wooden heart never bleeds,
yet inextricable thoughts still weave / Introspection
fabricated for battle / No time has been wasted
/ Neuroleptic seconds marry electroconvulsive hours / In
the cranial freezer, paranoia is the bastard and I
find genius Petrify / Paralyze

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2959 on: January 11, 2014, 06:40:47 pm »
I bet he's got a dozen girlfriends.

They're probably all Canadian, too.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #2960 on: January 11, 2014, 07:43:38 pm »
Does anyone else find it hilarious that the vast majority of these "a woman's place" guys are fat and ugly? Just like the majority of anti-abortion protesters are people you wouldn't want to fuck anyway.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #2961 on: January 11, 2014, 07:59:52 pm »
Does anyone else find it hilarious that the vast majority of these "a woman's place" guys are fat and ugly? Just like the majority of anti-abortion protesters are people you wouldn't want to fuck anyway.
Reminds me of how it seems like a lot of people on nude beaches are people you wouldn't want to see nude.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #2962 on: January 11, 2014, 08:32:18 pm »
I wonder if he's an "incel"
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2963 on: January 11, 2014, 09:45:50 pm »
As far as I know, 1 Timothy (and 2 Timothy, for that matter), Titus, and the various non-Pauline letters (including 1 Peter) were written during the doctrinal disputes in the early days of the Church by various sides, with the ones written by the side that eventually won being put into the Bible.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2964 on: January 12, 2014, 11:31:01 am »
you must be new here
Die cis scum is actually an in joke
If it is, it's a stupid in-joke.
The way I've seen it used it sometimes doesn't look like a joke.

That can apply to a lot of in-jokes, though.

However, die cis scum isn't meant to be taken entirely seriously. And those who get offended by it are usually those who actually are cis scum. It's a nice way of weeding out who is who. Now, if it said 'kill all cis people' or 'die cisgenders!' then yeah. I can see why there'd be offense taken. But with the addition of 'scum' it's harmless. While yes you can bring up 'gross generalizations' it's still only applying to a subset, rather than the entire cis population. Die cis scum is also a lot less concerning than 'kill all ___'

It's like getting angry at someone complaining about a few fundies and acting like the complaints were applied to all theists (or atheists, or whatever depending on what type of fundies we're talking about).

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2965 on: January 12, 2014, 03:40:01 pm »
Thing is, people who don't know that "scum" is meant to clarify "cis", rather than amplify it, may well read it as the second, especially given the sentiment expressed by "die"; hence what may be intended as "death to those cissexuals who are scum" is instead received as "all cissexuals are scum and should die".
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #2966 on: January 12, 2014, 06:27:46 pm »
you must be new here
Die cis scum is actually an in joke
If it is, it's a stupid in-joke.
The way I've seen it used it sometimes doesn't look like a joke.

I find that most of the people like that are internet tough guys who nobody takes seriously anyway.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #2967 on: January 12, 2014, 07:58:56 pm »

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2968 on: January 12, 2014, 09:57:24 pm »
Thing is, people who don't know that "scum" is meant to clarify "cis", rather than amplify it, may well read it as the second, especially given the sentiment expressed by "die"; hence what may be intended as "death to those cissexuals who are scum" is instead received as "all cissexuals are scum and should die".

Except the whole point of adding scum is to differentiate between the -phobic and otherwise cispeople and those who aren't. But, I can't change how someone sees a phrase.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2969 on: January 12, 2014, 10:56:30 pm »

Except the whole point of adding scum is to differentiate between the -phobic and otherwise cispeople and those who aren't. But, I can't change how someone sees a phrase.

I know that now.