Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1115681 times)

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #3195 on: March 08, 2014, 03:02:46 pm »
Slightly late, but... Yeesh.

I agree with the last sentence, albeit for different reasons.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #3196 on: March 08, 2014, 06:09:59 pm »
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3197 on: March 08, 2014, 08:31:14 pm »

If Saint Ronnie were running the country they'd be complaining that he's too far left.

Also, I find it amusing that while it was the Republican Party who pushed for term limits on the President, they've been bit more by it than the Democratic Party has: Eisenhower and Reagan (and Bush Jr., but could he have won a third term?) both couldn't run for a third term because of that amendment, while for the Democratic Party only Clinton ran up against it.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #3198 on: March 09, 2014, 12:17:23 am »

If Saint Ronnie were running the country they'd be complaining that he's too far left.

Also, I find it amusing that while it was the Republican Party who pushed for term limits on the President, they've been bit more by it than the Democratic Party has: Eisenhower and Reagan (and Bush Jr., but could he have won a third term?) both couldn't run for a third term because of that amendment, while for the Democratic Party only Clinton ran up against it.

Neither Eisenhower nor Reagan would have won a second term. Kennedy was much too popular for Eisenhower, and Reagan was widely reviled by the end of his term.

I am still shocked by how incredible gullible the American people were in the 1980s. How did anyone believe a word he said?
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #3199 on: March 09, 2014, 12:19:40 am »

Neither Eisenhower nor Reagan would have won a second term. Kennedy was much too popular for Eisenhower, and Reagan was widely reviled by the end of his term.

I am still shocked by how incredible gullible the American people were in the 1980s. How did anyone believe a word he said?
u a comme?

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
« Reply #3200 on: March 09, 2014, 12:21:23 am »

Muslim: better spend literally billions of dollars chucking him in prison for no reason.

Christian: better elect him to Congress.

(click to show/hide)
I actually agree with this.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 12:29:08 am by Lt. Fred »

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #3201 on: March 09, 2014, 12:33:44 am »

Muslim: better spend literally billions of dollars chucking him in prison for no reason.

(click to show/hide)
It's not the fedora on their head, it's the fedora on their heart.

(People generally mean trilby anyway)

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
« Reply #3202 on: March 09, 2014, 12:51:58 am »

(click to show/hide)
It's not the fedora on their head, it's the fedora on their heart.

(People generally mean trilby anyway)

Nor is Justin Bieber's stupid low-pants be-sneakered inability to dress himself. Low-pants dress style is probably the second crappiest fashion, short slightly of hipster. It is interesting that a moderately violent, thug-life uber-entitled talentless fuckwit has been able to avoid widespread dismissal by virtue of the hue of his skin, however. Bieber is one of the few people who could improve the world by leaving it.

Also, the trilby/fedora thing annoys me to no end. Goddamnit, not fucking hard. Mistaking a bowler hat for a fedora is particularly stupid, however. Also, too; assholes wear them.

-FDR

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #3203 on: March 09, 2014, 12:57:57 am »

Eisenhower could probably have defeated Kennedy in 1960.  JFK only beat Nixon by 100,000 votes, and Eisenhower was way more popular than Nixon was.  I actually kind of doubt that Kennedy would even have entered the race if Eisenhower was seeking reelection.  Nobody who really wants to be President challenges a sitting President with an approval rating above 60, especially not when that President is credited with winning World War II.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #3204 on: March 09, 2014, 01:13:33 am »
We could clone Ike and put him back in office somehow and have the most "liberal" president since Carter. He actually hated and warned about the military industrial complex. He's a commie librul by today's standards.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
« Reply #3205 on: March 09, 2014, 01:34:34 am »
We could clone Ike and put him back in office somehow and have the most "liberal" president since Carter. He actually hated and warned about the military industrial complex. He's a commie librul by today's standards.

Carter, the racist Southern governor of Georgia? Eisenhower would be way more progressive than he.

-FDR

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #3206 on: March 09, 2014, 05:18:09 am »
I try to be a student of history, and I'm curious (as a what if scenario) what would happen to the country if we had an Eisenhower or a Kennedy nowadays.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
« Reply #3207 on: March 09, 2014, 05:46:40 am »
I try to be a student of history, and I'm curious (as a what if scenario) what would happen to the country if we had an Eisenhower or a Kennedy nowadays.

We have a Kennedy. I'm not sure Eisenhower could exist today. Patreus, except intelligent and not an asshole?

-FDR

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #3208 on: March 09, 2014, 06:18:02 am »

We have a Kennedy. I'm not sure Eisenhower could exist today. Patreus, except intelligent and not an asshole?

You realize that'd mean going back to those tax rates, and he'd be killed for suggesting such a thing with the Tea Party types that abound today, yes? because heaven forbid we have taxes...

*goes back to grumbling about the 17 potholes in the road doing further damage to the underside of his car and his suspension in the kilometre of road between his house and the local grocery store*
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Caitshidhe

• The Keeper of the Kupos
  • The Beast
    • Axiom Speaks
« Reply #3209 on: March 09, 2014, 06:22:19 am »
I live in Baltimore. Before this I lived in New York. Got used to potholes the size of an Olympic swimming pool. Pretty sure the road budgets just end up going to hookers and cocaine for the mayors.
'The idea that things must have a beginning is really due to the poverty of our imaginations.' -- Bertrand Russel