Author Topic: Dark dungeons: the movie based on a Chick tract.  (Read 6316 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Dark dungeons: the movie based on a Chick tract.
« on: March 22, 2014, 03:42:47 pm »
Oooh! Awesome news!

Someone bought the rights to make a movie out of Jack Chicks anti-roleplaying comic. Yes, THE Jack Chick and THE comic about D&D where the kids have to kill themselves if their character dies.

From the site:
DARK DUNGEONS is the most wide spread comic about Role-Playing Games in history. This comic was first produced in 1984, a strange time as America was in the grips of BIG-GAMING like never before or since.  DARK DUNGEONS has spread wide and far over the last thirty years and this graphic novel resonated with a generation as demonstrated by a how widely it is talked about to this very day.  A simple web search of the words “Dark Dungeons Jack Chick” (no quotation marks) reveals over 47,000 hits!

Dark Dungeons the comic tells the tale of Debbie and Marcie, two young girls who are entangled in the grips of the evil Ms. Frost’s web.  The entire comic can be read and purchased here.

But despite the lasting popularity of Dark Dungeons the comic, RPGs have continued to grow and grow.  RPGs spread like a cancer over the last 30 years and Dark Dungeons the movie shall be like something that cures cancer.

I am betting that this will be parody.

...Or the entire site could be a hoax and they might not in fact be making the comedy movie that should win all the oscars forerver.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Dark dungeons: the movie based on a Chick tract.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 05:33:14 pm »
Could this be the next Mazes and Monsters?

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 05:44:23 pm »
Oh, I just HAVE to watch this!

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 06:29:50 pm »
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 06:35:40 pm »
A Chick Tract into a movie I'll just let this video speak for me.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_B3dvFMyDE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_B3dvFMyDE</a>

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2014, 12:50:20 am »
I want to see this movie, and turn it into the largest group-MST in HISTORY.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2014, 01:11:07 am »
Adding a second reply again, but relevant.

http://darkdungeonsthemovie.com/

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jrralls/rpgs-are-evil-dark-dungeons-the-movie

The movie is real, and is supposed to be about August 14th.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2014, 01:23:00 am »
Adding a second reply again, but relevant.

http://darkdungeonsthemovie.com/

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jrralls/rpgs-are-evil-dark-dungeons-the-movie

The movie is real, and is supposed to be about August 14th.
...I forgot to add a link to the website. Even though I had the quote from it and was supposed to post the link as well.

Thanks.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2014, 01:36:54 am »
Rock on, man. Now, how to make the world's biggest MST for this one?

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2014, 01:59:48 am »
Rock on, man. Now, how to make the world's biggest MST for this one?

The real question is, how to make it better than the one that the creators are going certainly doing themselves?

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2014, 05:36:28 am »
If only MST3K was still on TV... 

Well'p, I guess I'd better keep an eye out for the rifftrax when the time comes.

Offline Danarth

• Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2014, 09:01:32 am »
Part of my hopes that this is some attempt at making light of Jack Chick's insanity.

Another part of me knows that reality is stranger than fiction at times, so this may just be real.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2014, 09:10:15 am »
When you look at the website for the project it looks like this is a poe. They can't possibly be serious about their statements and either the movie is straigth up comedy or stealth parody like the first Starship troopers movie.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2014, 10:16:26 am »
If only MST3K was still on TV... 

Well'p, I guess I'd better keep an eye out for the rifftrax when the time comes.

You can thank my brother for this, he put it up on Facebook a little while back.  FUCK YEAH.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2014, 02:08:13 pm »
This is the $199 level reward for the kickstarter:

9th Level Backer: Play RPGs are Evil: The Role-playing Game with the Writer & Director & Producer of Dark Dungeons: The Movie! You and up to five of your friends get to enjoy a 4-hour Skype session with the writer and director of Dark Dungeons as you play - RPG's are Evil: The Role-playing Game! I was unable to get the merchandise rights to Dark Dungeons so keep in mind that this does NOT take place in the world of Dark Dungeons. Rather it is simply a world where role playing is a gateway to the dark arts, DM's seek to dominate their players lives like cult leaders, and all RPG's are just tricks to get players to worship evil. So nothing special, really. Rules and character creation take only 5 minute after which DM and players have a fast by-the-seat-of-your pants adventure. Players will roll up characters for a group of Freshman college friends. Like all colleges, this university is run by the role-playing crowd who dominate all aspects of campus life. But you and your friends begin to suspect that something is not-quite-right when the head cheerleader mysteriously vanishes from a raging all-night RPG kegger party. Will you be able to solve the mystery? Will you be able to survive? Find out!
Σא