Author Topic: Channel Awesome Drama  (Read 10015 times)

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
Re: Channel Awesome Drama
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2018, 02:38:30 am »
Something tells me Michaud will promptly do his best Darkseid impression and, in a fit of suicidal YOU WILL NEVER HAVE WHAT IS MICHAUDSEID'S!! blow up Channel Awesome the website rather than let it go to anyone else.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2018, 03:00:21 am »
I was fully expecting them to just drop all of their contributors in an announcement about them "refocusing" their efforts in an attempt to make it look like they WANTED all of the contributors to leave. At this point, though, if the Walkers leaving is true, well, that's the end of that. A ten year legacy thrown away because Michaud couldn't be bothered to 1: fix the issues and 2: FUCKING APOLOGIZE.
Who needs a signature?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2018, 08:59:27 am »
Honestly, I think it was over once Joe left.  He was pretty much the biggest non-Walker name on the site, and had more subs than CA itself, after the exodus of Linkara and others prior, such as Spoony.  CA's been circlin' the drain for a while.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2018, 06:22:42 pm »
Diamanda Hagan has released a statement: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqcftY9NMAo&feature=youtu.be&a=

Man, they really ran around and hurt people.
Who needs a signature?

Art Vandelay

« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2018, 09:04:29 pm »
Diamanda Hagan has released a statement: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqcftY9NMAo&feature=youtu.be&a=

Man, they really ran around and hurt people.
Ah, I miss 2008.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2018, 11:15:07 am »
People are debating on if Doug changed that or if there's some kind of glitch/bug with facebook. I'm not sure which is true but if Doug leaves the site before Brad or Larry do then that means CA is pretty much done and those other two will have to leave anyway at the end of the day.

edit: to be more specific apparently it automatically puts "worked at" if you forget to put dates in your work history.

Good for The Walkers if they ditch this disaster.

Perhaps Doug can start over....Take the brand back! It's his baby!

I always liked Doug (he's often been described as actually being a very nice guy in real life and I hate to think that he's a complete douche) and hoped he wasn't a huge issue in this whole thing.

I haven't read all the reports yet but from what little I know, it seems that, while the Walkers aren't completely innocent, it's that Michaud guy who's the real "Big Bad", here.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2018, 08:48:37 pm »
Michaud is like the final boss of a fighting game. Always in the shadows with a lack of public presence, is a complete douchebag, lots of parallels but those are off the top of my head. Now that I've thought of this, I'd like a Doug v Mike street fighter 2 clone.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2018, 08:51:11 pm »
Though, unlike Akuma or Android 21, Michaud would likely be a complete pushover.  Folks like that tend to have little in the way of physical presence or martial skill.  I have little doubt Doug would just knee him in the nuts and fuck off, lol.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2018, 02:17:30 am »
The Walkers and Brad Jones need to just ditch Mike and start over! There's a market for them, they make fun shows. I'd be happy to see a comeback!

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
« Reply #69 on: April 26, 2018, 02:51:09 am »
By all accounts, including from my friend Greg who has worked with him at several conventions, Doug is a decent guy. The problem, though, is that he's also someone who stubbornly refuses to see the bad in people and prefers to sweep that bad under a rug.

For the record, Greg has pulled the plug on posting the last thing he did with Channel Awesome because of the brand becoming pretty toxic. He also started taking down every video he had up featuring the Channel Awesome name.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 02:53:46 am by Cloud3514 »
Who needs a signature?