Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1507110 times)

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #1920 on: March 02, 2013, 10:01:44 pm »
As I am one of the few people who actually LIKED the drama between Conner and Haytham, I'm hoping that they delve into why Haytham betrayed the Assassins.

The person in this one is Edward Kenway, Connor's grandfather, so I imagine that will come up.  Thing I wondering more about is
(click to show/hide)

Also, I working on trying to get a preorder of Starcraft2: Heart of the Swarm by next thursday as Blizzard has a sale of buying that and getting Wings of Liberty for free, seeing how that one still goes for 40 by itself in most places and by buying Swarm you get both for 60, that's a damn good deal.

Saturn500

« Reply #1921 on: March 02, 2013, 10:09:39 pm »
I'm contemplating whether or not to get Ginga Force (Japan-only, but region free). The thing is, it goes for around $100...

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1922 on: March 02, 2013, 10:51:43 pm »
It's official: Geth Juggernaut is a beast.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1923 on: March 02, 2013, 11:03:51 pm »
In other news, I finally finished the original Deus Ex. I have to say, all three endings were hugely disappointing. None of them give us anything more than a few measly lines of dialogue and a historical quote. That's it. Not even a glimpse of how things turned out. Have Ion Storm never heard of "show, don't tell", or had they just run out of money when it came time to wrap things up? Either way, it's a quite a big fuckoff blemish on an otherwise fantastic game.

Ironically, one of the biggest criticisms of Human Revolution was saying that the ending was disappointing and that nothing was as interesting or had as big of an impact as it did in the original game, nothing but "select button 1, 2, or 3." That's pretty much exactly how the original game went.

Very much so. The only difference is that the buttons are spaced a little bit further apart.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #1924 on: March 03, 2013, 01:15:32 am »
AC4 already?  What about the half-dozen DLC/Expansions/Spinoffs for III?

That said, holy shit this game looks awesome!

The huge amount of crap for Assassin's Creed II was partially a result of the very long development period of III. They started work literally as soon as II hit the shelves, since they needed so much time to get the tree running right (it's a lot harder to make a parkour engine when you're adding curves and unusual angles and protrusions). So they had a small team working on that and keeping as quiet as possible starting in November 2009 while everyone else made a bunch of continuations for Ezio to expand on the story and keep the fans satisfied.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #1925 on: March 03, 2013, 02:08:22 am »
On top of what Eric said (In my area, each of the smaller ones are about $10 with the giants being $15, but the triple pack is the same price), one of the ideas that was nice with Skylanders is that it allows compatibility between systems and was the only way around DLC (the Wii does not support DLC, no clue on the Wii U).

Considering the announcement of the 80-level Luigi-themed DLC for New Super Mario Bros. U...

Yeah, I haven't been following news on the Wii U since it has no relevance to me at all right now.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #1926 on: March 03, 2013, 02:32:36 am »
On top of what Eric said (In my area, each of the smaller ones are about $10 with the giants being $15, but the triple pack is the same price), one of the ideas that was nice with Skylanders is that it allows compatibility between systems and was the only way around DLC (the Wii does not support DLC, no clue on the Wii U).

Considering the announcement of the 80-level Luigi-themed DLC for New Super Mario Bros. U...

Yeah, I haven't been following news on the Wii U since it has no relevance to me at all right now.

You were wrong in the first place, too. The Wii DOES have DLC support, it's just that very few games used it with Guitar Hero and Rock Band making up the vast majority of Wii DLC.
Who needs a signature?

Distind

« Reply #1927 on: March 03, 2013, 06:53:29 am »
In other news, I finally finished the original Deus Ex. I have to say, all three endings were hugely disappointing. None of them give us anything more than a few measly lines of dialogue and a historical quote. That's it. Not even a glimpse of how things turned out. Have Ion Storm never heard of "show, don't tell", or had they just run out of money when it came time to wrap things up? Either way, it's a quite a big fuckoff blemish on an otherwise fantastic game.

Ironically, one of the biggest criticisms of Human Revolution was saying that the ending was disappointing and that nothing was as interesting or had as big of an impact as it did in the original game, nothing but "select button 1, 2, or 3." That's pretty much exactly how the original game went.

Very much so. The only difference is that the buttons are spaced a little bit further apart.
I still find it funny people don't realize that there's actually 3 variants for each of those endings in HR. Based on how many people you killed on the way. You know the kind of thing that might change your view of the world when you're deciding just what it will hear. It's not an OMG flag hell ending, but it actually fits the situation quite well.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #1928 on: March 03, 2013, 08:26:50 pm »
I just began chapter 5 of Tales of Monkey Island, and HOLY FUCK I'M HAVING A STROKE
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #1929 on: March 03, 2013, 09:02:50 pm »
I just began chapter 5 of Tales of Monkey Island, and HOLY FUCK I'M HAVING A STROKE

You should see a doctor about that.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Saturn500

« Reply #1930 on: March 03, 2013, 10:34:07 pm »
Finished Fire Emblem: Awakening.

(click to show/hide)

And now I'm playing Etrian Odyssey IV.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #1931 on: March 03, 2013, 10:37:33 pm »
I paired Chrom with Sumia who i made a dark flier so I could give Lucina Gale force
GAME BROKEN

Saturn500

« Reply #1932 on: March 03, 2013, 10:50:29 pm »
I did go with Chrom X Sumia, but that was more because it was the pairing the game clearly wants the player to go with. I didn't even know about dark fliers until they showed up as enemy units, and therefore I didn't know about Gale Force. Hell, I didn't know about inheritance.

(click to show/hide)

You may have guessed that I didn't look at any forums or anything until after beating the game.

Also, is it just me, or is Awakening a lot like Genealogy of the Holy War?

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #1933 on: March 03, 2013, 11:04:38 pm »
It was kind of a refined take without the incest. 
Pies are excellent foreplay

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #1934 on: March 03, 2013, 11:12:00 pm »
I'm surprised that it mostly excluded incest (Lucina can marry Owain, who is her cousin) as incest, especially sibling incest, is a recurring subtextual theme.
Who needs a signature?