Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1505896 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #2205 on: April 08, 2013, 01:26:08 am »
Okay, I think I'm going to like the new Thief.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le4lJe5tEpc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le4lJe5tEpc</a>

Looks like they actually listened to the sensible fans, and are making it modern, yet awesome.  Honestly, if they have rope arrows (or their cousins, vine arrows), I'm going to need a change of fuckin underwear, because I LOVED those things.  Hell, still do.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2206 on: April 08, 2013, 01:41:06 am »
I've heard that they're going for kind of a clawshot deal, but I've only heard this.  I for one wouldn't mind a reusable version of a rope/vine arrow (especially since good players learned how to survive with just one rope arrow anyways) but yeah.

I must admit, I'm doubly rejoicing at the navigational system.  I get lost so easily in Thief 1 to the point where I still haven't beaten the first mission (then again I've been preoccupied with other games so that's not saying anything) and having a navigational guide would be so helpful.  I'm also glad it's optional, because now the people complaining about it just look like nitwits.

Overall, though, it looks like they addressed most of the concerns some players had about the game, and in a positive manner.  Surely they should stop complaining and whining so much, right?

...Right?

......I'm scared to check out the video's comments......
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2207 on: April 08, 2013, 02:00:42 am »
The comments I saw didn't seem too bad.  Also, the claw shot...actually, I could see that being -cooler- than a rope arrow.  I'd get lynched for that on TTLG, but I like it.

[Unrelated ETA]
On a complete tangent, I'm really starting to enjoy the Applied Energistics mod for Minecraft.  Normally, sorting between dozens of inventories took a LOT of time, not to mention processing power.  RedPower pneumatic tubes are wonderful, but if there's a backup in the system, which can happen even if you've got an overflow chest on the network, then the entities being rendered in the tubes will lag the fuck outta you.  BuildCraft pipes require a prohibitive amount of power, not to mention space, to automate and manage several inventories at once, and they've a nasty habit of throwing shit on the ground if they can't put an item anywhere, thus causing lag.

But, Applied Energistics?  Its dirt simple, once you understand the basics, powerful, and very VERY importantly...compact and pretty much completely lag-free compared to the other two primary options.  Got an example here...

That is a Steve's Carts tree farm (on the far left), which has the contents the cart put into the cargo manager (the silvery block at the right edge of the dirt) automatically sorted by AE cables, sending the apples and saplings into a pair of barrels for later, unspecified use.  Annnnd, sending the wood over to that bank of furnaces, which are being heated by Factorization furnace heaters, which allow me to use Factorization power to burn items in the furnaces without fuel (the power is supplied by a pair of liquid-fueled boilers and an infinite oil/fuel setup), and sends the resulting charcoal to a buffer barrel.  Finally, the charcoal from the barrel is pulled out the bottom (the only place on a barrel you can pipe out items without using RedPower), and sent into a bank of 8 IndustrialCraft 2 generators.  I've plans on expanding the generators, once I've had a chance to, ya know, SLEEP and not feel like a zombie.

Hell, the only hitch in that whole system is that I forgot to put a coal engine on that cart, making it run entirely on solar power.  Something I, again, intend to correct once I've had a chance to rest.

I love it when a plan comes together.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 05:59:54 am by RavynousHunter »
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2208 on: April 09, 2013, 12:13:41 am »
So I found out Animal Crossing: New Leaf released a new trailer I keep forgetting to pre order that game despite how much I love Animal Crossing.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2209 on: April 09, 2013, 05:33:12 am »
I got around to giving Anachronox a more solid go, and I'm so damn glad that I did. Despite the plethora of bugs (some of them sidequest-breaking), it's freaking fantastic.

Oh, and I also finished Red Dead Redemption. The story was good and all, but for some annoying reason, I only managed 98.5% completion and I've no idea where the hell the other 1.5% is supposed to come from. I'm pretty sure I did all of the Stranger side quests, so I'm really at a loss here. Oh, and I was highly disappointed that we never got to actually drive a car or even a plane by the end. All the way through, the game was constantly teasing me with the possibility, but nope. All I get a pallet-swapped horses, some of which have slightly different speeds.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 07:51:49 am by Art Vandelay »

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #2210 on: April 09, 2013, 07:34:55 pm »
Okay, I think I'm going to like the new Thief.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le4lJe5tEpc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le4lJe5tEpc</a>

Looks like they actually listened to the sensible fans, and are making it modern, yet awesome.  Honestly, if they have rope arrows (or their cousins, vine arrows), I'm going to need a change of fuckin underwear, because I LOVED those things.  Hell, still do.

I've read a few articles about it since it was announced, and this is gonna be one game I'm definitely pre-ordering!  I really hope they pull off a good reboot of the franchise!
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #2211 on: April 09, 2013, 11:49:37 pm »
So Walking dead is on sale for 10 bucks on steam till thursday
How good is it

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2212 on: April 10, 2013, 06:19:14 am »
So Walking dead is on sale for 10 bucks on steam till thursday
How good is it

It's pretty good I got it during the Steam Winter it's kinda hard if your not used to playing point and click adventure games but it's good.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #2213 on: April 10, 2013, 05:13:57 pm »
Dark Souls 2 gameplay was revealed today. 12 minutes of it. GO WATCH IT NAO

Offline FirsthandTuna

• Pope
« Reply #2214 on: April 10, 2013, 06:02:12 pm »

Motherfucker, I want this game so much.
"Fraudulent ONEness of religious academia has retarded your opposite rationale brain to a half brain slave." - The Wisest Man Who Ever Lived

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #2215 on: April 11, 2013, 03:57:33 am »

IKNORITE?? So glad I got this on pre-order, I need to play this as soon as humanely possible.

Offline FirsthandTuna

• Pope
« Reply #2216 on: April 11, 2013, 08:35:10 pm »

IKNORITE?? So glad I got this on pre-order, I need to play this as soon as humanely possible.

I just hope that it either has a decent PC release or the PS3 release isn't plagued with the same server issues as the first one.

EDIT: I also hope I can be a sunbro again. I really love Great Lightning Spear.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 08:44:38 pm by FirsthandTuna »
"Fraudulent ONEness of religious academia has retarded your opposite rationale brain to a half brain slave." - The Wisest Man Who Ever Lived

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #2217 on: April 11, 2013, 11:05:10 pm »
The good news is on the website there is no Games for Windows logo

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2218 on: April 11, 2013, 11:46:42 pm »

I just hope that it either has a decent PC release or the PS3 release isn't plagued with the same server issues as the first one.

EDIT: I also hope I can be a sunbro again. I really love Great Lightning Spear.

I love how that miracle basically breaks plot and gameplay segregation in that you see it being used in a cutscene.

I haven't even played Dark Souls and I'm already a fan of the games.  I just need to get a computer that doesn't suck ass and a 360 wired controller and I can play it.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #2219 on: April 12, 2013, 08:25:17 am »
I started playing League of Legends again and all I can say is, I hate Teemo. I really really hate Teemo and his attack speed being upgraded up to the point of where he is hitting you 3 times in one second.

Everytime I get to bash him in the head as Mordekaiser is a joyous occasion.