Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1508308 times)

Offline Itachirumon

• The Buzzing Digital Uke
  • Pope
  • The Highly-Caffinated Borderline Insane Uke
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #3045 on: August 03, 2013, 12:13:21 am »
More actual logic. You have to convince someone you're the good guy, right? way before you have a showdown or else there isn't any trust there that you aren't trying to trick them. Especially true if you killed the council and the councilor was killed by Leng. Cause you can fabricate evidence with an omni-tool.

Ash spent over 2 years and 6 months mourning someone she thought first was dead and then a traitor. I think she's allowed to distrust you when you arrive at the same time Cerberus did.

With that said, this is why you don't rush. It's an RPG, talk to people. Check your private terminal. Check on the people between missions. Otherwise, take the consequences.

I have also learned Kingdom Hearts still manages to make me feel dumb when trying to acclimate to a new fighting system.

For what it's worth, the only reason I couldn't save Kelly was because I didn't invite her up for dinner/talkies in 2. I was trying to remain single so I could romance Kaiden.

.....It was hard, his shift in 2 made him a bit less likeable than Garrus. Then even tho I wanted Gay!Shep I lost my shit squeeing at "emergency induction port"
"Sleep is for the weak
Caffeine is my sacrament
Are those spiders real?"

I do NOT have a dubious relationship to sleep. We had a perfectly ambicable seperation

Ask me about the knife in your back!

When I die, they should process my blood into an energy drink - it'll be called Vampiric, and one dose will cause diabetes... Also, you might see noises.

"No.. can't eat... I'm fucking my catboy"

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
« Reply #3046 on: August 03, 2013, 12:19:11 am »
Mass Effect 3 is a bit better with the “MOTHER OF ALL MODS
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ymh2pOgo0Qs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ymh2pOgo0Qs</a>
Bad parody songs are bad.

Features:
(click to show/hide)

This mod also dug up and addressed some cut content from way back. You see way back in Mass Effect 1 you were supposed to be able to rescue both Ashley and Kaidan running like frack. Both squad mates are available in 3 with this mod.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMSJDxM8YT4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMSJDxM8YT4</a>
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3047 on: August 03, 2013, 01:06:10 am »
Doing a second run through of Red Dead Redemption, but this time as an evil character. I have to wonder, why exactly does robbing a bank give you significantly less money than collecting a bounty on a criminal or even just ten minutes or so of hunting? That's just not right.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3048 on: August 03, 2013, 02:55:15 am »
I'm loving this "Games with Gold" program, where XBL Gold users get free games. It's even better, because my Gold is glitched. I'm on the second year of it being free for some reason.

You mean Playstation Plus, right?
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #3049 on: August 03, 2013, 03:58:54 am »
I'm loving this "Games with Gold" program, where XBL Gold users get free games. It's even better, because my Gold is glitched. I'm on the second year of it being free for some reason.

The difference is that if you stop paying for XBL, you keep the games they gave you while subscribed. Playstation Plus locks you out of the "free" games when you stop paying.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #3050 on: August 03, 2013, 04:11:16 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ymh2pOgo0Qs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ymh2pOgo0Qs</a>

Features:
(click to show/hide)

This mod also dug up and addressed some cut content from way back. You see way back in Mass Effect 1 you were supposed to be able to rescue both Ashley and Kaidan running like frack. Both squad mates are available in 3 with this mod.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMSJDxM8YT4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMSJDxM8YT4</a>
... fuck. I've got the series on Xbox.
Oh well. To Youtube!
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3051 on: August 03, 2013, 10:00:32 am »
More actual logic. You have to convince someone you're the good guy, right? way before you have a showdown or else there isn't any trust there that you aren't trying to trick them. Especially true if you killed the council and the councilor was killed by Leng. Cause you can fabricate evidence with an omni-tool.

Ash spent over 2 years and 6 months mourning someone she thought first was dead and then a traitor. I think she's allowed to distrust you when you arrive at the same time Cerberus did.

With that said, this is why you don't rush. It's an RPG, talk to people. Check your private terminal. Check on the people between missions. Otherwise, take the consequences.

I have also learned Kingdom Hearts still manages to make me feel dumb when trying to acclimate to a new fighting system.

For what it's worth, the only reason I couldn't save Kelly was because I didn't invite her up for dinner/talkies in 2. I was trying to remain single so I could romance Kaiden.

.....It was hard, his shift in 2 made him a bit less likeable than Garrus. Then even tho I wanted Gay!Shep I lost my shit squeeing at "emergency induction port"

Actually that isn't dependent on you talking with her. Only getting to the Collector Base on time to get her out of the pod. Only thing you need to talk to her over is getting your damn fish back.

Since I romanced Liara, it wasn't that hard to get Kelly to keep my fish.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Itachirumon

• Pope
« Reply #3052 on: August 03, 2013, 10:24:39 am »

Actually that isn't dependent on you talking with her. Only getting to the Collector Base on time to get her out of the pod. Only thing you need to talk to her over is getting your damn fish back.

Since I romanced Liara, it wasn't that hard to get Kelly to keep my fish.

._. she wasn't in the place I was supposed to be before Cit 3 - I looked all over for her for about 2 hours before I did Genophage mission. Most of it was spent trying to figure out why she wasn't where she was supposed to be and looking through internet forums to figure out how to make her magically appear. Yeah I know 'the truth' but damnit Kelly Chambers was awesome - and I most assuredly saved her from the base in ME2.
"Sleep is for the weak
Caffeine is my sacrament
Are those spiders real?"

I do NOT have a dubious relationship to sleep. We had a perfectly ambicable seperation

When I die, they should process my blood into an energy drink - it'll be called Vampiric, and one dose will cause diabetes... Also, you might see noises.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3053 on: August 03, 2013, 11:27:30 am »
Ehhh... she showed up for me. But eh. The dinner itself isn't really locking in anything. To be honest, I wanted my fish back so I just made sure she lived and was happy with me. It didn't affect my relationship with Liara in the slightest. The stripper thing however locks it in. And I never once did that. It was too weird for me when I saw it on youtube.

Shepard can flirt with Kelly anytime prior to the suicide mission, which eventually results in a private dinner at the Captain's Cabin, after which she offers to feed Shepard's fish. It is still possible to pursue a relationship with a squadmate after this point if Shepard is solely interested in having her feed Shepard's fish.

In ME3 you can lock in romances differently than in ME2. I couldn't go with both Liara and Traynor in ME3, for instance, cause you lock one or the other in depending on things (the shower for Traynor, the cafe and saying yes for the second time with Liara). But I could go with Liara and Kelly in ME2 because Liara decided to be the Shadow Broker. She just will probably say something if you do the Shadow Broker mission after the lock-in of the original romance.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 11:32:26 am by Booker DeWitt »

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Itachirumon

• Pope
« Reply #3054 on: August 03, 2013, 12:56:22 pm »
Well that'd be a relief...of course that'd require me to go back and play part/all of ME2 again then re-transfer to ME3 and replay that. In the words of Tobuscus' Dramatic Song - I got shit to do hahaha. Like study for the GRE....even tho I'd rather just game. I want more options in Hotel Giant 2.....and why can't Watch Dogs be out yet, I want to play it nowwww!

I'd settle for a version of DosBox that would run Woodruff and the Schnibble though....and a working download/copy. I have the CD but I could never configure it to run off of CDs and Woodruff is just...classic obscure brilliance
"Sleep is for the weak
Caffeine is my sacrament
Are those spiders real?"

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #3055 on: August 03, 2013, 02:32:38 pm »

No, I mean I've had Xbox Live Gold for free for two years now.

The difference is that if you stop paying for XBL, you keep the games they gave you while subscribed. Playstation Plus locks you out of the "free" games when you stop paying.
And, unlike Sony, Microsoft doesn't give out your credit card or have Xbox Live go down for over a month!
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3056 on: August 06, 2013, 02:01:13 am »
So I'm thinking of buying X-COM: UFO Defense. I know it's only $5, but money is rather tight right now, and as such I'm still on the fence about it. Would any of you who've played it consider it to be a wise purchase?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3057 on: August 06, 2013, 02:31:13 am »
So I'm thinking of buying X-COM: UFO Defense. I know it's only $5, but money is rather tight right now, and as such I'm still on the fence about it. Would any of you who've played it consider it to be a wise purchase?
Oh, let me think about- YES!

Great game. I like the story, I like the atmosphere and I like how desperate the struggle is.

And the Chryssalids are the best/worst part of the game. A truly frightening opponent that can rip your soldiers open and then the corpses get up and start fighting against you. But nothing is more satisfactory than blowing them apart... :)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3058 on: August 06, 2013, 02:50:58 am »
Oh, let me think about- YES!

Great game. I like the story, I like the atmosphere and I like how desperate the struggle is.

And the Chryssalids are the best/worst part of the game. A truly frightening opponent that can rip your soldiers open and then the corpses get up and start fighting against you. But nothing is more satisfactory than blowing them apart... :)

Sounds good. I think I might just give it a go.

As an aside, would you say that Terror From the Deep and Apocalypse to be worth a shot as well (not particularly interested in Interceptor and Enforcer)?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 06:50:04 am by Art Vandelay »

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #3059 on: August 07, 2013, 12:35:42 am »

Features:
(click to show/hide)

Okay, that kinda makes me wish I had the ME trilogy on PC too.

Speaking of Mass Effect, apparently there's a bug caused by the Recon Hood in Mass Effect 3.  I got it early in the game but didn't figure out what it was until I changed helmets.  If you use the recon hood and choose to have it off during most cut scenes, Shepard's eyeballs are popping out of his/her head during cut scenes.
http://i.imgur.com/FXDzL3g.jpg
(Link'd for size)
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter