Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1509302 times)

Art Vandelay

Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #5820 on: June 03, 2015, 10:05:12 pm »
We're in Boston and I'm really hoping this is set after 3 and NV.

Ironbite-be fun to see the consequences of the Legion getting pushed out of the Mojave
If it's set on the east coast, you're not going to be hearing about the legion all that much.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5821 on: June 04, 2015, 01:55:14 am »
I am eagerly waiting for three upcoming games: Fallout 4, XCOM 2 and The Mandate.

Speaking of XCOM 2 according to the dev commentary on the trailer some of the things like "alien scamper" have been fixed. Now if you sneak up on aliens you will get the first shot before they scamper into cover and even then some of them might be "surprised" and not scamper at all. Since this was an issue that annoyed a lot of players.

Unfortunately the only word on EXALT is that they have nothing to do with ADVENT. It is a pity if they are completely gone from XCOM 2 but I suppose there is still hope that they come up as a third group fighting for power and a possible ally (one can only hope.)

And the "Vipers" are what Thin men look like when they haven't been modified to be infiltrators. This time they are even more dangerous.

And speaking of Vipers... Here is 4Chan's theory on how the Aliens won:
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #5822 on: June 04, 2015, 12:19:09 pm »
I am eagerly waiting for three upcoming games: Fallout 4, XCOM 2 and The Mandate.

Speaking of XCOM 2 according to the dev commentary on the trailer some of the things like "alien scamper" have been fixed. Now if you sneak up on aliens you will get the first shot before they scamper into cover and even then some of them might be "surprised" and not scamper at all. Since this was an issue that annoyed a lot of players.

Unfortunately the only word on EXALT is that they have nothing to do with ADVENT. It is a pity if they are completely gone from XCOM 2 but I suppose there is still hope that they come up as a third group fighting for power and a possible ally (one can only hope.)

And the "Vipers" are what Thin men look like when they haven't been modified to be infiltrators. This time they are even more dangerous.

And speaking of Vipers... Here is 4Chan's theory on how the Aliens won:

Don't know about the rest of you guys, but I'd gladly collaborate with the aliens if they had Lamias.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 12:23:24 pm by Second Coming of Madman »
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Commissar Kaz

• Tzeentchian Cultist
  • Bishop
  • Just as planned!
« Reply #5823 on: June 04, 2015, 02:12:17 pm »
In other news, Don't Starve Together was released to everyone who owned the base game yesterday. I got the game a little bit after it first popped up, but never really tried it. This will give me an excuse to try it with my friend.

EDIT: I also remembered (and nobody else has posted about it I think) something else of note; Steam's changed their refund policy. Now you can return any game as long as you bought it withing the last 14 days and haven't played more than 2 hours of it. It's an interesting developement, if nothing else.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 04:53:42 pm by Commissar Kaz »

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #5824 on: June 05, 2015, 07:14:00 am »
Snek waifu best waifu

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5825 on: June 05, 2015, 07:25:06 am »
Really enjoying Crusader Kings 2. Nothing like taking a tiny pagan jarldom and turning it into a massive Viking empire that spans most of northern and central Europe. It's now 1060 and the entire Catholic world combined can't even touch me.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 10:06:14 pm by Art Vandelay »

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5826 on: June 05, 2015, 09:46:08 am »
Really enjoying Crusader Kings 2. Nothing like taking a tiny pagan jarldom and turning it into a massive Viking empire that spans most of northern and central Europe. It's now 1060 and the entire catholic world combined can't even touch me.

Ooh, get to reverse history and have the Vikings crush the Catholics, eh?  That sounds pretty damned cool.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5827 on: June 05, 2015, 10:40:12 am »
Really enjoying Crusader Kings 2. Nothing like taking a tiny pagan jarldom and turning it into a massive Viking empire that spans most of northern and central Europe. It's now 1060 and the entire catholic world combined can't even touch me.

Ooh, get to reverse history and have the Vikings crush the Catholics, eh?  That sounds pretty damned cool.

It's a great game. If you're into grand strategy and don't mind putting in the time to figure it out, you can't go wrong. Especially with the expansions. They add a tonne of variety to the game.

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #5828 on: June 05, 2015, 04:56:50 pm »
yeah, I friggin love Crusader Kings. The Irish now rule the entirety of Britain, as well as the Orkney, Shetland, and Faroe islands and Iceland, we're currently conquering Brittany and Normandy, and my closest ally is the Polish controlled Wendish empire.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #5829 on: June 05, 2015, 05:32:15 pm »
Anybody else play using mods?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5830 on: June 05, 2015, 08:23:42 pm »
I do for Minecraft, lol.  Mostly because vanilla has gotten pointedly dull, for me.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #5831 on: June 05, 2015, 08:29:41 pm »
I do for Minecraft, lol.  Mostly because vanilla has gotten pointedly dull, for me.

I meant for CKII.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5832 on: June 05, 2015, 10:27:45 pm »
yeah, I friggin love Crusader Kings. The Irish now rule the entirety of Britain, as well as the Orkney, Shetland, and Faroe islands and Iceland, we're currently conquering Brittany and Normandy, and my closest ally is the Polish controlled Wendish empire.
So I'm guessing Charlemagne didn't unite France in your game? Damn, it took me almost three centuries before I could take them. Of course, now I can kick them around with impunity, and it's the most satisfying thing ever. In fact, I just took a large bite out of them with a successful great holy war for East Francia (now called Germany under my watch). Give it a couple more wars with Francia, and there'll be no worthwhile Catholic powers left in the game.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 06:29:53 am by Art Vandelay »

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #5833 on: June 07, 2015, 01:02:06 am »
I currently have logged an even 600 hours in Farm Sim 15 according to steam. Granted I'm almost certain the majority of that is from me leaving it paused and minimized while I'm doing something else.

It's still over double the 258 hours I've cloocked in Kerbal Space Program, which I am proud to say is indeed mostly actual play time... Well, prototype testing time more that successful mission time. Though I have gotten to the point where I can reliably land on the moon and perform orbital rescue rendezvous missions in career mode.

A couple days back on the return from my first manned moon mission in career mode, I was worried I wouldn't have enough fuel to get back in to the right orbit and perform a re-entry burn. Just as I was trying to figure out what the hell I was gonna do looking at the map I saw that I had re-entered the moon's gravitational influence... and was on a collision course for the surface. I was thinking "fuckfuckfuckfuck wat do!?" I knew there was no way in hell I could both get out of the moons orbit, make it back to Kerbin orbit, and then get on a re-entry course with the minimal fuel I had. My best plan was to at least stabilize the new moon orbit and send a rescue ship. So as I was burning fuel to increase the lunar orbit so as not to crash, I overshot just a bit... and ended up on a perfect slingshot trajectory to both send me back to Kerbin, but also give me a re-entry attempt that was near perfect. Somehow I accidentally performed a maneuver I forgot was possible, and certainly didn't know how to execute in KSP.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline IanC

• Pope
« Reply #5834 on: June 07, 2015, 05:58:40 am »
Holy shit. Steins;Gate came out in Europe on Friday. I've just completed the second chapter. Wow. This is getting really deep and kinda spooky in a way.

(referring to the visual novel obviously. I have the anime adaption but not seen it. Glad I haven't really, will probably watch it after finishing this)