Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1511066 times)

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #6450 on: March 22, 2016, 03:44:35 pm »
Too bad the suit will fail. I want to punch Sterling in the face, overinflated tool with an irritating voice.

Yes, let's hope that a frivolous lawsuit with no basis in logic, let alone law, succeeds just because you don't like someone involved.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6451 on: March 23, 2016, 01:08:55 am »
I've been watching a Let's play of Skies of Arcadia and it looks like a fun game. Air pirates! Yay!
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6452 on: March 24, 2016, 12:00:11 am »
Killed Hedrack and managed to get a pretty solid blow (~30hp) on a god.  All in all, I'd say that was a very successful cleansing of the Greater Temple of Elemental Evil.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #6453 on: March 27, 2016, 07:40:44 am »
I've been playing Borderlands since it's free on Xbox Live this month.  It's fun overall, though it gets annoying when you're attacked while shopping or talking to someone. 

Next month should be fun if the news of Dead Space and Saints Row IV is legit.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6454 on: March 27, 2016, 09:47:21 am »
I've been playing Borderlands since it's free on Xbox Live this month.  It's fun overall, though it gets annoying when you're attacked while shopping or talking to someone. 

Next month should be fun if the news of Dead Space and Saints Row IV is legit.

News of Saint's Row IV?  What news is this?

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
« Reply #6455 on: March 28, 2016, 04:36:28 am »
http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/xbox-live-games-gold-april-2016-wolf-among-us-sunset-overdrive/

Next Month on Xbox Live for the 360, Dead Space is available for free on the 1st and Saints Row IV on the 16th.  I'm pretty sure it's legit as this list has appeared on every site that I found when searching for this.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #6456 on: March 28, 2016, 09:49:28 pm »
Nostalgia ho! I bought the discounted Sonic mega-bundle from the Humble Sega Sale tonight.

...Now I just have to figure out WTF is wrong with me that I have the same nostalgia for fucking Sonic Adventure 2 that I have for the Genesis/Megadrive games.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Vinroke

• Apprentice
« Reply #6457 on: March 29, 2016, 12:36:06 pm »
Nostalgia ho! I bought the discounted Sonic mega-bundle from the Humble Sega Sale tonight.

...Now I just have to figure out WTF is wrong with me that I have the same nostalgia for fucking Sonic Adventure 2 that I have for the Genesis/Megadrive games.

Chao + Chao garden ofc. those critters are adorable. The next 3 games after SA2 being rather cringe-worthy may also be a factor. BTW, if you don't want deafened by SA2's horrendous pc sound issues the steam forum of it has a 1/2 volume mod
Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes
Machina improba! Vel mihi ede potum vel mihi redde nummos meos!

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #6458 on: March 30, 2016, 03:47:05 am »
http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/xbox-live-games-gold-april-2016-wolf-among-us-sunset-overdrive/

Next Month on Xbox Live for the 360, Dead Space is available for free on the 1st and Saints Row IV on the 16th.  I'm pretty sure it's legit as this list has appeared on every site that I found when searching for this.

I don't really care about Dead Space and I already have Saint's Row IV on X1, but I can totally get behind The Wolf Among Us and Sunset Overdrive.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
« Reply #6459 on: March 30, 2016, 05:02:27 am »
I wasn't a big fan of Wolf Among Us, but I love Dead Space 2, so I figure I'll check the first game.  I wasn't originally interested in SR IV, but it's free so I don't really have much to lose by trying it.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6460 on: March 30, 2016, 08:30:07 am »
Odd, what I've seen of Sunset Overdrive makes it out to be basically a complete ripoff and reskin of Jet Set Radio Future, only lame and about energy drinks because "that's what the young people are into, nowadays."

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #6461 on: April 02, 2016, 01:36:40 pm »

Chao + Chao garden ofc. those critters are adorable. The next 3 games after SA2 being rather cringe-worthy may also be a factor. BTW, if you don't want deafened by SA2's horrendous pc sound issues the steam forum of it has a 1/2 volume mod

I will admit, half of the reason story mode is still playable for me is because you can skip cutscenes altogether, even the first time around.

And this time, I will try to make one of every Chao type + alignment combo. :3
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #6462 on: April 10, 2016, 09:59:35 pm »
Just finished the first three Splinter Cell games. I have to say, I certainly had a blast with them.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #6463 on: April 11, 2016, 04:38:02 am »
Just finished the first three Splinter Cell games. I have to say, I certainly had a blast with them.

Man, I loved the original Splinter Cell games.  Kind of wish there was a current gen SC game that was just like those ones, only shinier (guess and full Halo/Halo 2 style remaster is what I actually want), but perhaps they should just let the franchise die.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #6464 on: April 11, 2016, 05:52:14 am »

Man, I loved the original Splinter Cell games.  Kind of wish there was a current gen SC game that was just like those ones, only shinier (guess and full Halo/Halo 2 style remaster is what I actually want), but perhaps they should just let the franchise die.

I have to say, either a remastering of the first three or a new game that's just like them would make me jizz hard enough to mine diamonds.