Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1509862 times)

Art Vandelay

Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #6630 on: July 09, 2016, 02:04:49 am »
Just finished Broken Age. Well, it's safe to say that Tim Schafer's best days are well and truly behind him. If that's the best he could do with almost $4 mil of Kickstarter money, then that's just embarrassing.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #6631 on: July 09, 2016, 04:37:41 am »
Which reminds me, I need to get myself to play Grim Fandango Remastered which I bought from GOG a while ago. I never played the original one all the way through and have successfully avoided spoiling myself.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #6632 on: July 10, 2016, 09:51:05 am »
Speaking of Tim Shafer, picked up Psychonauts on GOG sale a little while ago. I have a massive backlog of games that for some reason I haven't felt like playing through. think I'm gonna give Psychonauts a go first, heard good things about it. Also bought Necropolis, which comes out in two days. If it lives up to it's promise of being a Dark Souls rougelike, my dick will be as hard as fucking diamonds.

Offline IanC

• Pope
« Reply #6633 on: July 23, 2016, 12:03:29 pm »
I completed Bloodborne! I can barely believe it, i actually completed a Souls (well Souls style) game. Now to work on getting the other two endings (I made sure to copy my save over before I activated the ending so I can work on getting the other two, I have everything I need for the "secret" ending)

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #6634 on: July 25, 2016, 02:27:54 am »
I wish people on Overwatch were so dumb. The amount of games I throw just to get these people to learn is ridiculous
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline IanC

• Pope
« Reply #6635 on: July 30, 2016, 05:34:51 pm »
"The night, and the dream, were long..."

2nd ending in Bloodborne down. Fight… was a tough one. And the ending? Ho boy
(click to show/hide)

Already set up for the fight for the final ending. Its also a toughy, lol

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #6636 on: July 31, 2016, 02:26:53 pm »
Fuck I'm jelly of everybody getting to play Bloodborne while I'm still trying to scrape money together for a PS4.

RIP me

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6637 on: July 31, 2016, 03:22:45 pm »
Watching a walkthrough of Technomancer.

The game has a "stealth" skilltree but apparently there are no stealthy takedowns or assassination moves... You can sneak around but at least according to Zero Punctuation you can't actually sneak and knock out enemies one by one. Sneaking just means that you get one free attack on them and then you have to fight all the enemies the regular way.

The game seems like it has a few interesting ideas right at the start but was released unfinished or they simply fucked up a lot.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #6638 on: August 01, 2016, 09:24:30 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWpSLpYL2TA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWpSLpYL2TA</a>
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline IanC

• Pope
« Reply #6639 on: August 09, 2016, 11:40:58 am »
"Are you cold…? Oh, good hunter"

Third and final ending in Bloodborne - done. What a fight. Ending was freakin' weird though (spoilers, duh)

(click to show/hide)

Got my New Game Plus save ready to go, though I've kept a save just before the boss too to do some cleaning up

Art Vandelay

« Reply #6640 on: August 09, 2016, 07:19:33 pm »
Getting back into Crusader Kings 2. This time, I've chosen the king of Asturias in 769 and my goal is to completely wipe out Islam. It's been about 70 years and things have been surprisingly smooth. So far, taking back Iberia has been a lot easier than I thought it would.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6641 on: August 10, 2016, 12:21:41 am »
Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate is free on LIVE (if you've got Gold, that is) for the next little bit.  Decided to nick it for the 'Bone, and I...kinda tore thru it after I unlocked Lu Bu.  Like always.  He, as well as Ayane and Kasumi (from DOA/Ninja Gaiden), are nearly a quarter of the way thru their second promotion, making their effective level...222.  Each.  Its great, because I may have to go to level 1 each time, but any stat buffs I get from upgrade stones (gives +2 to a stat, get 1 a level) are permanent, so I can start from level 1 with a gigantic boost to damage, on top of my ridiculously powerful weapons, and am now working on life.  Aah, I've missed the simple enjoyment of this series, even if unlocking some of the characters can be a bit of a pain in the ass.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6642 on: August 10, 2016, 01:30:31 am »
Getting back into Crusader Kings 2. This time, I've chosen the king of Asturias in 769 and my goal is to completely wipe out Islam. It's been about 70 years and things have been surprisingly smooth. So far, taking back Iberia has been a lot easier than I thought it would.

Speaking of Crusader Kings 2, I'm finding I can't save any more.  Does this mean a new gaming pc? :/

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #6643 on: August 10, 2016, 01:59:43 am »
Or your saves are corrupted,  if you're playing it on Steam try verifying the game cache since that usually fixes most things.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #6644 on: August 10, 2016, 03:08:07 am »

Speaking of Crusader Kings 2, I'm finding I can't save any more.  Does this mean a new gaming pc? :/

Do you mean you're running out of space? Because if so, you may want to delete some of your old saves.