Author Topic: Best Political Cartoons  (Read 1649498 times)

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
Re: Best Political Cartoons
« Reply #1905 on: January 30, 2013, 06:41:40 pm »
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1906 on: January 30, 2013, 07:14:53 pm »

I love it when they bring that up because Hitler never said it and the closest thing to it was way off, anyways.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #1907 on: January 30, 2013, 08:05:58 pm »

I love it when they bring that up because Hitler never said it and the closest thing to it was way off, anyways.

The best part is that he knows exactly where the quote is from and still doesn't care. He says where it comes from right fucking there!

He is blatantly lying about it in the hope that the morons that listen to him don't actually look it up. Of course, they won't look it up, even with how easy it is to google it on their damn phone! They're the kind of people who are somewhere far beyond willfully ignorant. People like this make up lies that they themselves actually believe.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #1908 on: January 31, 2013, 05:30:44 am »
Gaiz, it says "wall of separation between church and state," not "separation of church and state.  God, learn to fucking read!
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
« Reply #1909 on: February 01, 2013, 11:50:47 am »

« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 12:05:23 pm by Dynamic Dragon »
Learn from the past, live in the present, prepare for the future.

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
« Reply #1910 on: February 01, 2013, 12:13:32 pm »

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
« Reply #1911 on: February 01, 2013, 12:47:12 pm »

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1912 on: February 02, 2013, 06:09:11 am »

On one hand that is such an old joke that I can't believe people are still making it.

On the other hand some people are still using that claim and think that it is a legimate argument against climate change...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #1913 on: February 02, 2013, 08:51:52 am »

On one hand that is such an old joke that I can't believe people are still making it.

On the other hand some people are still using that claim and think that it is a legimate argument against climate change...
Strange thing in Europe last year the cold snap was global warming

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1914 on: February 02, 2013, 03:58:05 pm »
This is why I prefer the phrase "Climate Change"

Global Warming, while somewhat accurate, causes a lot of confusion in people who don't understand it (and a few people who do)

Plus, wasn't it originally proposed as Climate Change in the first place?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
« Reply #1915 on: February 02, 2013, 04:34:27 pm »
Inadvertant climate modification was the first term used by scientists, after a warming trend was noticed in the 70s the term global warming was used in the scientific community. Later global warming was the first term to catch on with the public. Climate change isn't a good term to use do to the fact that the Earth's climate has changed naturally. The term to use when talking about human caused climate change is anthropogenic climate change.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #1916 on: February 02, 2013, 04:51:43 pm »
Inadvertant climate modification was the first term used by scientists, after a warming trend was noticed in the 70s the term global warming was used in the scientific community. Later global warming was the first term to catch on with the public. Climate change isn't a good term to use do to the fact that the Earth's climate has changed naturally. The term to use when talking about human caused climate change is anthropogenic climate change.
I don't the the average American can even spell that, never mind understand it.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #1917 on: February 02, 2013, 04:54:12 pm »
I don't the the average American can even spell that, never mind understand it.

I feel like if you used that word on Free Republic they would be more upset about the "Anthro" part since it's slightly related to evolution.
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #1918 on: February 02, 2013, 05:24:12 pm »
It would also be technically correct to call it "Industrial Effect Climate Change". Or, maybe call it "Pollution Effect Climate Change"? How about "Man-Made Atmosphere Damage"?

Or, just go ahead and call it plain out right; "You All Are So Fuckin' Greedy and Cold You Don't Care That Your Grandkids Will Suffer And Die As Long As You Make All The Money You Can Now".

Sorry to rant there, but I've been hearing and learning about world environmental damage and the dire warnings about climate change non-stop since I was a kid....in the 1960s! Seriously, if 45 years worth of trying to educate the public as to how important changing our ways is has yet to convince some people, it does not matter what you call the phenom of damaging this planet. They got theirs, so fuck the rest of us and the planet too.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Kit Walker

• Pope
  • Grand Master Brain Wizard*
« Reply #1919 on: February 02, 2013, 06:14:22 pm »
The unfortunate thing about the change of nomenclature in the public eye, from "Global Warming" to "Climate Change", is that it can be spun as "First they said it was one thing, now they say it's another!" Luckily, this would only matter in countries so educationally challenged, scientifically illiterate, and overly paranoid that scientific issues about which there is virtually no serious debate become politicized. Surely a first world super power wouldn't be a nation like that. Right?

Right?

I'ma go cry in the shower now.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 12:11:25 pm by Kit Walker »
"Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway." - Crow T. Robot

*Actual title from the Universal Life Church Monastery, the outfit that ordained me as a wedding officiant.