Author Topic: Best Political Cartoons  (Read 1621694 times)

Offline TheContrarian

• Pope
  • Inter faeces et urinam nascimur
Re: Best Political Cartoons
« Reply #5655 on: December 16, 2016, 02:00:20 pm »

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #5656 on: December 16, 2016, 03:10:27 pm »
Your hero Winston Churchill never took responsibility for his war crimes in India. Seems a mite hypocritical for you to say someone far less guilty of criminal activity should do so.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline TheContrarian

• Pope
  • Inter faeces et urinam nascimur
« Reply #5657 on: December 16, 2016, 03:44:13 pm »
Your hero Winston Churchill never took responsibility for his war crimes in India. Seems a mite hypocritical for you to say someone far less guilty of criminal activity should do so.

Nice attempt at deflection.

But back to the subject at hand.

Wikileaks exposes one of the major parties in an election cycle in a major western democracy essentially curating the election coverage of a number of the biggest mainstream press outlets in the country.  It is alleged that the leak of this information comes from Russian sources.

Do you:
a) welcome the information as it exposes a genuine threat to the free press.

or

b) shriek about Russian intrusion and go try to bury any outlet that mentions it (you know, all those "war on fake news" articles, simultaneously bigging up the "independent" mainstream media...).

I'm only really seeing (b) from the left at the moment.  I don't like to overuse references to Orwell, but we're getting there at this point.

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #5658 on: December 16, 2016, 05:12:47 pm »
It was less deflection and more just me getting a dig in at the guy plastered all over your profile. I really don't care what Hillary does. I didn't vote for her, and I don't support her.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #5659 on: December 16, 2016, 09:52:07 pm »

Nice attempt at deflection.

Wikileaks exposes one of the major parties in an election cycle in a major western democracy essentially curating the election coverage of a number of the biggest mainstream press outlets in the country.  It is alleged that the leak of this information comes from Russian sources.

Do you:
a) welcome the information as it exposes a genuine threat to the free press.

or

b) shriek about Russian intrusion and go try to bury any outlet that mentions it (you know, all those "war on fake news" articles, simultaneously bigging up the "independent" mainstream media...).

I'm only really seeing (b) from the left at the moment.  I don't like to overuse references to Orwell, but we're getting there at this point.
Terrible attempt at strawmaning.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5660 on: January 06, 2017, 10:04:11 am »

Yeah, this is one of the things that is wrong with the world currently. You can have a disagreement about something, it's understandable that some people have a differing opinion, but when someone is wrong saying that they have a RIGHT to be wrong and that their ignorance is equally valuable you have gone too far.

Even in that example I can perfectly understand WHY the two people think that they know what the number is but rather than saying "both are right" you should admit that you need more information to say which answer is correct (or if the correct answer is something completely different.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #5661 on: January 06, 2017, 01:17:43 pm »

(Sociologist and Democratic Senator from New York)

(Republican strategist)
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5662 on: January 07, 2017, 07:16:24 am »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #5663 on: January 12, 2017, 07:57:12 pm »
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5664 on: January 14, 2017, 02:17:34 pm »

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #5665 on: January 22, 2017, 10:47:20 pm »
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 11:56:47 pm by Tolpuddle Martyr »

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #5667 on: January 26, 2017, 09:45:59 am »
Not a cartoon, but not sure where else to post. https://mobile.twitter.com/machineiv/status/824627216185122818?p=v the whole thread is beautiful.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #5668 on: January 28, 2017, 05:12:19 pm »
Hidden because large.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5669 on: January 31, 2017, 10:13:36 am »