Author Topic: Texas Abortion Bill: Money Is Such A Beautiful Word  (Read 4359 times)

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
Texas Abortion Bill: Money Is Such A Beautiful Word
« on: July 08, 2013, 09:40:23 am »
As we all should know by now, it's never about morals. No, instead, it's all about the money.

Women across the state of Texas are fighting a battle to keep their reproductive rights. Republicans are trying to force an extreme anti-abortion bill through the state legislature and Rick Perry desperately wants to sign it into law. So desperate, that he has called two special sessions of the legislature in an effort to pass it no matter how much Democrats or the people of Texas oppose it. And now we may know why.

According to the Houston Chronicle, Texas Governor Rick Perry’s own sister and her company stand to profit if the bill becomes law.

If the bill passes, only five Texas abortion clinics would remain open — those that are already equipped as ambulatory surgical centers, advocates say. But a question remains: would the 420 other ambulatory surgical centers that exist in Texas begin performing the operation? Abortion rights advocates predict that the demand for the procedure won’t disappear with passage of the law.

One company that will be faced with that decision is United Surgical Partners International, based in Addison, TX. Their vice-president of government affairs is Milla Perry Jones, Gov. Rick Perry’s sister. She is also on the board of the Texas Ambulatory Surgical Center Society.

As always, it's all about the money. The Perry family has officially reached Saturday Morning Cartoon villainy, so why not reference the Tom And Jerry movie?
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline MadmanJohnson

• Wrath of Primus
  • Pope
  • Able to creep out Deimos.
Re: Texas Abortion Bill: Money Is Such A Beautiful Word
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 10:08:28 am »
All too easy.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoYWdHe4tQ4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoYWdHe4tQ4</a>
Before you die an agonizing, chainsaw-related death, you're gonna hear about the Hate Plague!
I'm accusing you of being stupid.
I dare to be stupid.

wrightway

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 11:51:44 am »
Stories like these need to come with their own sickness bags.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 12:18:15 pm »
*sniffs the air* Know what I smell?

Ironbite-ethics violation.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 12:35:39 pm »

That's just the smell of Texas in general.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".

Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 02:18:23 pm »

That's just the smell of Texas in general.

And I thought the Aroma of Tacoma was bad.
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 02:39:26 pm »
So THAT'S it! His dorky sis wants to "off" the competition so she can make moollah! The whole Perry family is deranged!

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2013, 02:54:43 pm »
So THAT'S it! His dorky sis wants to "off" the competition so she can make moollah! The whole Perry family is deranged!
Pretty much. It's never been about abortion, it's about the money. Again, they are literally the villains from the Tom and Jerry movie.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2013, 02:55:00 pm »
From the comments:

This bill is not extreme. 20 weeks of development is a fully formed, sentient child. You just don't get it.

That's exactly why women are able to give birth at 20 weeks without the fetus experiencing any health problems, you know:  recognizable as human = fully formed.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2013, 02:56:29 pm »
From the comments:

This bill is not extreme. 20 weeks of development is a fully formed, sentient child. You just don't get it.

That's exactly why women are able to give birth at 20 weeks without the fetus experiencing any health problems, you know:  recognizable as human = fully formed.
The worst part is "sentient child". Children fail tests for sentience until they are two or three. In comparison, dogs pass them.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2013, 03:06:11 pm »
Remember, Governor: It is easier for a camel to fit the eye of a needle than a rich man to enter Heaven.*

*Also, everybody knows this is about greed, not simply having a lot of money.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2013, 05:08:05 pm »
Remember, Governor: It is easier for a camel to fit the eye of a needle than a rich man to enter Heaven.*

Funny that you bring that up. My favorite podcast (Hosted by someone who lives in the city of Tulsa, right near wear I live) has something to say about this in the satirical opening narration of the episode here.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBhl1Fb1GbU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBhl1Fb1GbU</a>

My favorite part of it is "... which is why I hold several degrees in the field of biblical interpretation, including a BS, MDIV, PHD, MA, BA, NBA, FDIC, KP, BO, VHS, DVD, Blu-Ray!"

History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2013, 08:40:15 am »

The lust for money is greed.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2013, 12:13:45 pm »
It's worse than just simple greed.  This piece of shit is putting people's lives in danger just so his sister can make more money.  Then he's lying about it, hiding behind his so-called morals.

BTW, is this info confirmed?  If so, then I think they should make use of Texas' Capital Punishment laws and make Perry the next one subject to it.  Harming people, then using religious morals to cover for it makes him no better than Bin Ladin!
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2013, 03:43:23 pm »
It's worse than just simple greed.  This piece of shit is putting people's lives in danger just so his sister can make more money.  Then he's lying about it, hiding behind his so-called morals.

BTW, is this info confirmed?  If so, then I think they should make use of Texas' Capital Punishment laws and make Perry the next one subject to it.  Harming people, then using religious morals to cover for it makes him no better than Bin Ladin!
Technically, he's not breaking any laws. And, by confirmed, if you mean that she in fact is in this position to benefit, yes. If you mean he's admitted it, of course not.