Author Topic: Catholic Cardinal: Gay Marriage is the same as Slavery  (Read 5838 times)

Offline DrFishcake

• The Beast
  • A vegetarian called Fishcake. Long story.

Offline Qlockworkcanary

• Bishop
Re: Catholic Cardinal: Gay Marriage is the same as Slavery
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2012, 01:15:10 pm »
Considering the Catholic leadership was A-okay with slavery for centuries, I'm further confused by what this Cardinal is trying to say.
"Out of the ash I rise with my red hair and eat men like air." - Sylvia Plath

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
  • We Have Such Sights To Show You.
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2012, 04:28:58 pm »
He means that homosexuality and slavery are both moral evils. He's full of shit, but that's what he meant.
"In case you're interested, there's still some positions available for that bonus opportunity I mentioned earlier. Again: all you gotta do is let
us disassemble you. We're not banging rocks together here. We know how to put a man back together. So that's a complete reassembly. New vitals. Spit-shine on the old ones. Plus we're scooping out tumors. Frankly, you oughtta be paying us." -Cave Johnson

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2012, 05:40:02 pm »
The cardinal seems a bit confused to me.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2012, 05:47:05 pm »
He means that homosexuality and slavery are both moral evils. He's full of shit, but that's what he meant.

Thank you. I've been wracking my brain, trying to come up with how he was making the comparison
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline IanC

• Pope
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2012, 06:01:37 pm »
The UKIP are on his side too. UKIP are a very fringe far right party, sort of like the BNP but more, yet at the same time less, crazy.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2012/03/07/ukip-marriage-belongs-to-religion-not-government/

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2012, 05:07:24 pm »
There has already been a perfect response to this fuckery.

In all honesty, my first reaction to any attempt by the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops to make any kind of moral argument, least of all one involving sexuality, is to want to say “Shut up, old man.” And no Bishop who is honest about the negligence and criminal malfesence [sic] of the Catholic Church around the hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of allegations of child molestation and rape around the world over the last half century should expect any other response.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Xotan

• Neonate
  • S'é mo chat luchtiarna an tí.
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2012, 06:26:15 pm »
Well, boo-fucking-hoo, Cardy.  My long-standing partner and I got married on Feb 29.  And guess what, in formerly Catholic Ireland, not one hint of religion is allowed in Civil Marriage.  Very refreshing.  Even more refreshing is that Bennasty won't bde coming to Ireland for one of your occult rituals.  Three guesses why...he won't get the audience, and that would be very embarrassing.

Now all my partner and I have to work out which of us is the slave, I suppose.  Perhaps we could alternate week about.
Is maith le mo chat na Francaigh!  Is ban-chat fhrancach í.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2012, 01:47:12 pm »
Egads, this is painful. Maybe he could also be trying to say that folks like him will be the "slaves," since the poor straight people would have no choice but to put up with the filthy homos and their tyrannical ways.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2012, 09:52:22 pm »
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!