Author Topic: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread  (Read 2066019 times)

Offline Hoplite

• The Beast
Re: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread
« Reply #7020 on: August 20, 2013, 07:54:46 pm »
Good luck is nothing but being in shape to act with the universe when the universe says, "Now!" - John Gardner, The Sunlight Dialogues

Offline Hoplite

• The Beast
« Reply #7021 on: August 20, 2013, 08:00:31 pm »
http://foo.ca/wp/chick-tract-satire/hellenic-chick/

Here, have a Hellenic Chick tract.

Heh. I was so disappointed that it wasn't about Greek chicks. :D But Jack Chick satire is always a hoot!
Good luck is nothing but being in shape to act with the universe when the universe says, "Now!" - John Gardner, The Sunlight Dialogues

Offline Hoplite

• The Beast
« Reply #7022 on: August 20, 2013, 10:30:51 pm »
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 10:32:55 pm by Hoplite »

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #7023 on: August 20, 2013, 11:00:22 pm »

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #7024 on: August 21, 2013, 12:31:01 am »
(click to show/hide)

Reminds me of a girl from this state who was recently caught on camera choking on a jump off a roof into a pool and landing flat-footed on the deck, shattering both ankles.

And then her mother put up a donation site asking people to contribute money so she can pay for everything and not get evicted for being unable to pay the rent.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #7025 on: August 21, 2013, 12:34:04 am »
(click to show/hide)

Reminds me of a girl from this state who was recently caught on camera choking on a jump off a roof into a pool and landing flat-footed on the deck, shattering both ankles.

And then her mother put up a donation site asking people to contribute money so she can pay for everything and not get evicted for being unable to pay the rent.

Holy shit. Do these people have any sense of self-preservation?

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #7026 on: August 21, 2013, 12:42:53 am »
(click to show/hide)

Holy shit. Do these people have any sense of self-preservation?

......no.

The longer story (it takes literally seconds to Google it, since there's only one teenage girl who broke her ankles jumping off a roof recently, so I won't bother with links or names) is that she had just graduated high school and was partying at her friend's house; the two of them had just gotten a shared apartment together, which is where the rent payments come in.

They decided to jump off the roof into the pool together. The friend made it fine, but the other girl panicked and chickened out. Unfortunately, she chickened out at the edge and ended up simply dropping like a stone.

If you go out and watch the video, turning up the sound when you listen may lead to involuntary cringing and going "Ooooh."

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #7027 on: August 21, 2013, 12:54:06 am »
Wow. Is it bad that I feel more sorry for the mom who has to pay for the consequences of her daughter's dumbass decision than for the girl herself?

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #7028 on: August 21, 2013, 12:57:29 am »
Wow. Is it bad that I feel more sorry for the mom who has to pay for the consequences of her daughter's dumbass decision than for the girl herself?

Not really. Though her mom's not helping by putting up an online donation page that basically says "My daughter fucked up majorly. Please keep her from facing the consequences."

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #7029 on: August 21, 2013, 01:01:05 am »
If she doesn't have the money to pay for her daughter's treatment, then what else is she supposed to do? As for the girl, as stupid as jumping off a roof is, I'm pretty sure shattering both ankles (which could very well lead to permanent damage, even after treatment) is consequence enough.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #7030 on: August 21, 2013, 01:15:36 am »
If she doesn't have the money to pay for her daughter's treatment, then what else is she supposed to do? As for the girl, as stupid as jumping off a roof is, I'm pretty sure shattering both ankles (which could very well lead to permanent damage, even after treatment) is consequence enough.

Well, she doesn't NEED to pay for the treatment. Her daughter is an adult with her own apartment. If she ends up missing work because she was an idiot who intentionally jumped two stories for fun, it's her own damn fault. Nobody is obligated to pay the consequences for her, least of all strangers on the internet.

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #7031 on: August 21, 2013, 01:23:58 am »
Well if she just got out of high school, then she probably doesn't have any money, and it's probably her mom who's footing the bill for her apartment. Just because your kid turns 18 doesn't mean you're no longer obligated to care for them. I'm not saying the daughter shouldn't have to pay if she has money. If you do stupid shit, then you have to deal with the consequences; that's called being an adult. But it seems likely that the girl wouldn't have enough money on her own, and if this is the case, then I don't see how the mom going "You're 18, you deal with your shit now," is any better than what she's doing now.

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #7032 on: August 21, 2013, 01:24:44 am »

Well, she doesn't NEED to pay for the treatment. Her daughter is an adult with her own apartment. If she ends up missing work because she was an idiot who intentionally jumped two stories for fun, it's her own damn fault. Nobody is obligated to pay the consequences for her, least of all strangers on the internet.

Who said they were? There's nothing wrong with asking help when you need it, even if it's your own fault you need the help in the first place.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7033 on: August 21, 2013, 01:30:45 am »

« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 01:34:27 am by Art Vandelay »

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #7034 on: August 21, 2013, 02:03:32 am »
Spoilered for .gif:

(click to show/hide)
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.