Author Topic: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread  (Read 2065472 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread
« Reply #8025 on: December 11, 2013, 03:22:14 pm »
Spoiler'd for size.

(click to show/hide)

...Before I had even scrolled enough to see the word I guessed what it was just by noticing that the leaves had been apparently arranged by some guy and this is the kind of joke guys do when they want to be funny but can't think of anything clever to do.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #8026 on: December 11, 2013, 03:33:54 pm »
Spoiler'd for size.

(click to show/hide)

...Before I had even scrolled enough to see the word I guessed what it was just by noticing that the leaves had been apparently arranged by some guy and this is the kind of joke guys do when they want to be funny but can't think of anything clever to do.

It was the guys' teenage sons. He told them to rake the leaves; they ended up doing that.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #8027 on: December 11, 2013, 05:35:37 pm »
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #8028 on: December 11, 2013, 09:23:03 pm »

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #8029 on: December 11, 2013, 09:28:20 pm »
Oh no, a Nostalgia Attack!

I loved 90's X-Men growing up.

There was more than one female character for me to choose from during recess!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 09:30:19 pm by Feral Dog »
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #8030 on: December 11, 2013, 11:56:56 pm »
And there was more than one female character for me to choose from at bedtime.

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #8031 on: December 12, 2013, 12:09:55 am »
And there was more than one female character for me to choose from at bedtime.

You, sir, win a cookie.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #8032 on: December 12, 2013, 02:51:02 am »
I've been watching X-Men Evolution. They have the other one on Netflix too I believe.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #8033 on: December 12, 2013, 07:02:53 am »
In most of the pictures depicting the event, it's like the animals sorted themselves.  Like two of every critter in the world were chosen as surviving ambassadors of their kind.

Actually, it wasn't just two of every animal. It was seven mated pairs of each kosher mammal and each bird, and two mated pairs of each non-kosher animal.

The Flood is one part of the Bible I have yet to figure out how to fit into a scientific framework. I've already decided that G-d must have made the Ark into a TARDIS, and that the repopulation of the Earth was also miraculously accelerated.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #8034 on: December 12, 2013, 07:03:37 am »
WARNING:  Lots of images. :3

And for my grand finale:

"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #8035 on: December 12, 2013, 07:11:36 am »
The Flood is one part of the Bible I have yet to figure out how to fit into a scientific framework.
Yeah, you'd have an easier (and most likely more productive) time trying to fit Harry Potter or Assassin's Creed into a scientific framework.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #8036 on: December 12, 2013, 07:39:26 am »
The Flood is one part of the Bible I have yet to figure out how to fit into a scientific framework.
Yeah, you'd have an easier (and most likely more productive) time trying to fit Harry Potter or Assassin's Creed into a scientific framework.

That doesn't mean I'm not going to try. For one thing, the first verses of Genesis were easy. I actually found what I believe to be references to fairly esoteric modern physics concepts, which suggests that maybe there's a scientific explanation that rests on things we just haven't discovered.

I like the Catholic Church's opinion on the subject: if the Bible does accurately describe the universe, and the scientific method is an effective means of determining the nature of the universe, then eventually the scientists will reach the correct conclusion on their own. There's no need for the Church to interfere, except maybe to hurry the process along. Which is part of why the Vatican maintains a world-class observatory and has hosted the odd physics conference.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #8037 on: December 12, 2013, 09:47:18 am »

That doesn't mean I'm not going to try. For one thing, the first verses of Genesis were easy. I actually found what I believe to be references to fairly esoteric modern physics concepts, which suggests that maybe there's a scientific explanation that rests on things we just haven't discovered.

I like the Catholic Church's opinion on the subject: if the Bible does accurately describe the universe, and the scientific method is an effective means of determining the nature of the universe, then eventually the scientists will reach the correct conclusion on their own. There's no need for the Church to interfere, except maybe to hurry the process along. Which is part of why the Vatican maintains a world-class observatory and has hosted the odd physics conference.

I consider the Bible to be more methaphorical than literal truth. Besides, if God had shown up and told some simple tribesmen about Earth being millions of years old and talked about quantom mechanics it would have gone over their heads. And considering that the bible and Torah were part of oral history before being written down by mortal men (and being debated and argued over which parts should get in the bible and occasionally getting revised for reasons noble or petty) so I have never been that bothered over historical and scientific innacuracies in it.

But this discussion is propably better off in a separate topic.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

QueenofHearts

« Reply #8038 on: December 12, 2013, 10:52:45 am »
I remember being little, about 5 or 6 and my parents got me a toy ark with  2 of a lot of animals. After a few days of having it, I noticed several animals were missing (giraffes, dogs, leopards, horses) and came to the conclusion the ark story had to be bullshit.

Then not to mention the one time for a physics class in high school, I did a project just getting the average mass of several animals, adding them to the weight of the ship, and then finding out it would make the ship too dense to float. That rubbed some Christ believers the wrong way.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #8039 on: December 12, 2013, 11:39:28 am »
WARNING:  Lots of images. :3

And for my grand finale:

Galaxy actually.

Ironbite-every galaxy is just in a marble haven't you seen Men in Black?