Author Topic: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread  (Read 2066480 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread
« Reply #8835 on: April 14, 2014, 01:16:58 am »
an unmistakable reddit-smell.

You rang, m'lord?
You seem to be of an indoctrinated mind, perhaps you would like me to educate you?

As long as that "education" involves leather products and chains, go nuts.
I'm going to give you a lecture on how the fed is raping are freedoms via fascist restrictions on are currency and how the only solution is to force them to establish the gold standard.

While you're chained to a wall and I'm wearing a leather coat for some reason.
You are wearing a leather jacket because you are in a Fonzie cosplay costume. Because he is a symbol of masculinity and as such is the perfect mascot for MRA movement.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #8836 on: April 14, 2014, 09:00:41 am »
Except Fonzie was the polar opposite of a douchebag...and girls and guys all respected and loved him.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #8837 on: April 14, 2014, 09:20:02 am »
Except Fonzie was the polar opposite of a douchebag...and girls and guys all respected and loved him.
a) I said masculinity not douchebagginess.

b) They already ruined the reputation of Fedoras, why wouldn't they take another cool thing like Fonzie and try to make it their own?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #8838 on: April 14, 2014, 09:51:58 am »
Oh too true. If a real Fonzie showed up, he'd flip their fedoras off their heads and walk away...aaaaayyyyyyyyy ;D (thumbs up)
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #8839 on: April 14, 2014, 11:50:38 pm »

Don't see anything weird? Check the y-axis. The numbers increase downwards.

This is quite possibly the most misleading graph I or any other human being has ever been witness to, and it didn't even come from Fox News.
Σא

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #8840 on: April 14, 2014, 11:56:33 pm »

Don't see anything weird? Check the y-axis. The numbers increase downwards.

This is quite possibly the most misleading graph I or any other human being has ever been witness to, and it didn't even come from Fox News.
I hope it's a Poe.

Imagine how funny it would be if a conservative group posted this unironically.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #8841 on: April 14, 2014, 11:59:00 pm »
I believe it was Mark Twain who said, "A graph with an inverted Y axis can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes."

I fully expect to see this chart in the next gun control debate thread.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #8842 on: April 15, 2014, 12:01:44 am »
I believe it was Mark Twain who said, "A graph with an inverted Y axis can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes."

I'm thinking the next gun control debate thread will just be someone shouting "you're lame" them someone responding "well, you suck."

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #8843 on: April 15, 2014, 12:29:13 am »

I'm thinking the next gun control debate thread will just be someone shouting "you're lame" them someone responding "well, you suck."
Honestly, we've pretty much used up our "ammo" on both sides so the only thing left are ad hominems and other such things that have no place in real debate and are obviously below our level...

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #8844 on: April 15, 2014, 12:36:18 am »
I think the graph is supposed to resemble dripping blood, to make the point that the Stand Your Ground law led to an increase in gun deaths. A clever, but clumsy way of making the point.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #8845 on: April 15, 2014, 12:58:04 am »
I think the graph is supposed to resemble dripping blood, to make the point that the Stand Your Ground law led to an increase in gun deaths. A clever, but clumsy way of making the point.

I doubt that. Virtually all graphs simply use high numbers at the top and low numbers at the bottom. Unless the graph was specifically posted with information stating that this is the case, it's almost certainly an attempt at deceiving people who don't pay attention.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #8846 on: April 15, 2014, 02:57:03 am »
a)

Console controller that you swing around on a cable and is covered in spikes is probably the worst type of controller that you can do without setting it on fire poisoning the spikes. There were already injuries with the regular nunchucks...

b) That Florida graph went on 4chan but so far they haven't been that enthusiastic about it.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #8847 on: April 15, 2014, 10:44:07 am »

Is that a relic of the days when Sinfest was actually funny?

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #8848 on: April 15, 2014, 10:47:03 am »

Nope, it's the latest strip.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #8849 on: April 15, 2014, 10:54:14 am »

Nope, it's the latest strip.
Oh cool, it's not radfem stuff!

I want that game BTW.