Author Topic: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread  (Read 2072226 times)

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
Re: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread
« Reply #9300 on: July 06, 2014, 09:26:53 am »
What's with people who hold guns by or very very close to the magazine?  I've seen so many people doing it.  I don't know much if anything about gun hadling but it just looks so unstable and I assume there's a good reason why foregrips don't attach down by the magazine.

When I'm shooting my AR you'll likely see me with my left hand either right in front of or actually on the magazine well. With the way my arms and muscles are, if I can bring my grip in close to my body then it becomes much more comfortable. I can also jam my elbow down into my sternum and turn my arm into something of a brace. For me, it allows me greater stability if I can get my grip close to the rifle's center of gravity as well as taking a lot of strain off my arms. End result for me is improved comfort, accuracy and stamina for longer shooting periods.

There are other schools of thought, though. Some tell you to extend your arm as far out as you can. I've tried and while I noticed it gives more stability than gripping the rifle in the middle of the barrel, it is roughly the same (for me) as when I pull my hand in close and grip the mag well. But it has a downside of being an isometric workout; my arm gets fatigued extremely quickly. Of course, those are my experiences. Your mileage may vary.

With some guns do you not run the potential risk of interfering with the magazine and possibly even accidentally pulling it out (if it's say an old, worn gun or something)?

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #9301 on: July 06, 2014, 11:14:10 am »
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #9302 on: July 06, 2014, 11:31:43 am »
(click to show/hide)

There's a continuation of that where she drags her boyfriend into it for another GIF.

With some guns do you not run the potential risk of interfering with the magazine and possibly even accidentally pulling it out (if it's say an old, worn gun or something)?

Only if you're physically pulling on the magazine. This won't happen with guns like the AR-15 and MP5, because they have a magazine well that lets you rest your hand there without touching the magazine. But with guns like the AK, that'll happen. Though you won't really pull the magazine out unless it's extremely worn, you can cause a jam.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #9303 on: July 06, 2014, 07:47:05 pm »

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #9304 on: July 06, 2014, 08:47:44 pm »
Somebody should post this on Tumblr with all the appropriate tags.

...THERE'S EVEN A GENDER FOR ME!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #9305 on: July 06, 2014, 08:49:11 pm »
You mean "Household Pet that walked across the keyboard - Male"?  I agree, it's perfect for you ;D
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #9306 on: July 07, 2014, 12:28:52 am »
When you're all dead and I'm still posting, WE'LL SEE WHO GETS THE LAST LAUGH!

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #9307 on: July 07, 2014, 01:00:41 am »

Some rifles, yeah, mostly those with rock-and-lock magazines like the AK-47 or the M14 (and Mini-14 and Mini-30) for example which is why when using those types of rifles, you're mostly going to want to pull the rifle against your shoulder rather than use the magazine as a grip. And as Chit said, rifles that have drop-out magazines like the AR-15 usually have a pretty generous magazine well so you can grip it quite firmly without ever touching the mag. And for the AR-15, some companies even offer a special grip that fits over the mag well.

You mean "Household Pet that walked across the keyboard - Male"?  I agree, it's perfect for you ;D

No, he meant "Household Pet that walked across the keyboard - Other". ;D
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #9308 on: July 07, 2014, 01:01:55 am »
No "Unlabeled Hard Strawberry Candy". ;_;

(Yes, I have seen that Gender of the Day page.)

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #9309 on: July 07, 2014, 02:04:34 am »

Some rifles, yeah, mostly those with rock-and-lock magazines like the AK-47 or the M14 (and Mini-14 and Mini-30) for example which is why when using those types of rifles, you're mostly going to want to pull the rifle against your shoulder rather than use the magazine as a grip. And as Chit said, rifles that have drop-out magazines like the AR-15 usually have a pretty generous magazine well so you can grip it quite firmly without ever touching the mag. And for the AR-15, some companies even offer a special grip that fits over the mag well.

No, he meant "Household Pet that walked across the keyboard - Other". ;D

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po_UUm4GeJQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po_UUm4GeJQ</a>
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Damen

• The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
« Reply #9310 on: July 07, 2014, 03:07:04 am »

"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #9311 on: July 07, 2014, 05:50:56 am »

« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 03:29:58 pm by Second Coming of Madman »
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Hoplite

• The Beast
« Reply #9312 on: July 07, 2014, 06:08:30 pm »
Reminds me of Albert Camus' "The Myth of Sisyphus"

Good luck is nothing but being in shape to act with the universe when the universe says, "Now!" - John Gardner, The Sunlight Dialogues

Offline Hoplite

• The Beast
« Reply #9313 on: July 07, 2014, 06:36:58 pm »
This girl nicknamed "Lil Train" is 5'3, 120 pounds...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KdNwckwYoQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KdNwckwYoQ</a>
Good luck is nothing but being in shape to act with the universe when the universe says, "Now!" - John Gardner, The Sunlight Dialogues

Offline Damen

• The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
« Reply #9314 on: July 08, 2014, 01:02:50 am »

"Fear my .45"

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen