Author Topic: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread  (Read 2064677 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread
« Reply #9615 on: August 23, 2014, 11:51:02 am »

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #9616 on: August 23, 2014, 01:15:21 pm »
Wut

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #9617 on: August 23, 2014, 09:16:40 pm »
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Hoplite

• The Beast
« Reply #9618 on: August 24, 2014, 08:07:10 am »
Yes. I've seen these "errors" mentioned on mainstream news articles long ago. Fox News is more for the type of people who read tabloid news.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 08:09:11 am by Hoplite »
Good luck is nothing but being in shape to act with the universe when the universe says, "Now!" - John Gardner, The Sunlight Dialogues

Art Vandelay

« Reply #9619 on: August 24, 2014, 08:21:13 am »

« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 08:27:35 am by Art Vandelay »

Offline Hoplite

• The Beast
« Reply #9620 on: August 24, 2014, 12:51:58 pm »
Good luck is nothing but being in shape to act with the universe when the universe says, "Now!" - John Gardner, The Sunlight Dialogues

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #9621 on: August 24, 2014, 03:52:08 pm »
(click to show/hide)
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #9622 on: August 24, 2014, 04:02:03 pm »
So a vasectomy means I won't be able to shoot my cannon anymore!?  :o

Oh god, it's worse than I thought it was.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #9623 on: August 25, 2014, 11:58:24 am »

Offline Lady Evil

• Bishop
« Reply #9624 on: August 25, 2014, 01:20:33 pm »
Cinema Snob, stop stealing Nostalgia Critic's clothes and let Spoony do video games!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #9625 on: August 25, 2014, 07:37:35 pm »
Cinema Snob, stop stealing Nostalgia Critic's clothes and let Spoony do video games!
I think that's supposed to be Yahtzee.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #9626 on: August 26, 2014, 01:21:58 am »
Great. Now I have the Zero Punctuation theme stuck in my head.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #9627 on: August 26, 2014, 01:42:02 am »
Cept....he does have a point.  Most of the games he does review, are terrible overblown pieces of mutilated cow dung.  The only reason franchise like Call of Duty or Halo exist is because people lap up that shit up.  I mean seriously, why'd we go from 10 guns, health that doesn't regen, and runny jumpy rocket shooting action to 2 guns, regenerating health, and set pieces that are pretty to look at but engage as much as a fly humping a horse?

Ironbite-IT'S DEVOLUTION THAT'S WHAT IT IS!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #9628 on: August 26, 2014, 01:45:05 am »
Cept....he does have a point.  Most of the games he does review, are terrible overblown pieces of mutilated cow dung.  The only reason franchise like Call of Duty or Halo exist is because people lap up that shit up.  I mean seriously, why'd we go from 10 guns, health that doesn't regen, and runny jumpy rocket shooting action to 2 guns, regenerating health, and set pieces that are pretty to look at but engage as much as a fly humping a horse?

The one time that he was completely thrilled with a game his fans got angry.

Besides, he is focusing on the negative sides because that makes for a fun review but still is willing to admit when he finds a game he enjoys.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #9629 on: August 26, 2014, 02:31:44 am »

Because modern shooters are designed primarily for consoles rather than PC. When designing for a controller rather than a keyboard and mouse, more than two weapons becomes completely impractical. You can bind each gun in your inventory to it's own key with the former, but there's just not enough buttons on a gamepad for that to be possible. Sure, you can use a single button to cycle through each gun, but that just results in a lot of cheap deaths from trying to cycle to the gun you're after in the middle of a fire fight. Instead, it's much more practical to just have two guns that you can switch between with the press of a button.

With this change, one of the biggest incentives for exploration is removed, while at the same time, the designer has a lot more control over what the player will experience. In an older PC shooter, beyond the first room or two, you've no idea how much ammo and what guns the player will have. With a modern console shooter, you can almost guarantee what two weapons they'll at any given point in the level just from where the gun and ammo pick ups are placed. Since the emphasis is changed from big sprawling maps that encourage exploration to linear and very tightly controlled maps, regenerating health is a pretty logical next step. With completely linear levels, health pick ups are really just a formality. Regenerating health, on the other hand, does complement this new design philosophy of an overall very tightly crafted experience quite nicely. Without it, a level designer can't know how much health each player will having going into any given encounter. With it, you can guarantee every single player will begin each firefight with full health, and so you can design accordingly.

So yeah, that's basically why that's a thing.