Author Topic: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread  (Read 2064494 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread
« Reply #11040 on: November 11, 2015, 02:43:45 am »
Wait what? No more Ultimate-Marvel universe? Aww man, some of those stories were good.

Like, the first few Ultimate-Avengers were pretty good and I like how they updated the old characters and also weren't afraid to make them different from the originals WITHOUT only using them in a one shot "what if?" story.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #11041 on: November 11, 2015, 07:41:27 pm »

hear that sound? that's the sound of a neckbeard's boner getting really confused.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #11042 on: November 12, 2015, 12:50:22 am »
Yeah broken link.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #11043 on: November 12, 2015, 01:47:02 am »
http://1d4chan.org/images/a/a7/20080621.gif

hear that sound? that's the sound of a neckbeard's boner getting really confused.

Oh, so there was a link. I thought your comment was made to me. Since I have a neckbeard. And occasionally a boner as well.

(For the record: 1d4Chan is one of the best things to come out of 4Chan. Many of the articles are funny and some are even useful.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #11044 on: November 12, 2015, 01:52:58 am »
I'm getting a 403 Forbidden from that link.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #11045 on: November 12, 2015, 02:41:14 am »
I'm getting a 403 Forbidden from that link.

Go to the address bar (F6 in both Firefox and Chrome, I believe) and hit enter. That'll make the site see it as an internal request rather than an external one.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #11046 on: November 12, 2015, 04:25:04 am »

You might giggle and think that his name would have been so silly but you gotta admit that it would have sounded a lot more "German" than Hitler.

"Adolf Schnickelgruber" gives me the same kind of vibes as "Benedict Cumberbatch" and both are basically the most stereotypical name you can think of for their respective countries. (Yes, I know Hitler was from Austria, but the point still stands.)

So even though this "perfectly reliable internet fact" is usually given with a lame joke on how this name would have prevented the rise of the Nazi party I really have to disagree with that theory. I mean even if "Heil Schnickelgruber" doesn't roll of the tongue quite as easily we can easily see that despite his silly name  Boodlebop Candlewax is still a highly successful actor. I mean, if foreigners can learn how to pronounce  Eggs Benedict Crumblesnatch I see no reason why Germans themselves would not have been able to make Schnickelgruber into a serious name. Besides, it would have made Nazis even more dangerous since foreign spies would have been caught because they would have been unable to pronounce his name properly (or resist laughing while heiling.)

Honestly, I assume that even with a sillier name old Adolf would have had no more trouble being taken seriously than mister Buttermy Crumpetsquick.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 04:32:06 am by askold »

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #11047 on: November 12, 2015, 04:30:29 am »
So, what would you say is the most steriotypically Finnish name?
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #11048 on: November 12, 2015, 06:35:49 am »
I think we can all agree that it's fun to take the piss out of Bubblebutt Curdledmilk.

Even Then

« Reply #11049 on: November 12, 2015, 06:50:31 am »
So right now Marvel has two Spider-Men (Peter Parker and Miles Morales, who has relocated to the main universe since Secret Wars destroyed the Ultimate Universe), two Spider-Women (Jessica Drew, the original, and the alternate universe "Spider-Gwen").  And Silk, who's a woman who got spider powers at the same time as Peter, but wasn't created until recently.

Wasn't Otto Octavius Spider-Man too at one point?

And I'd say the most stereotypical Finnish name is Virtanen.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #11050 on: November 12, 2015, 01:08:21 pm »
Actually....no.  Doc Ock was not Spider-Man.  He just made Peter Parker think he was him by changing his brain waves.

Ironbite-that lasted until Doc Ock Peter realized that he couldn't beat Green Goblin with his methods and so, through force of Spider-will, changed the brainwaves back.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #11051 on: November 12, 2015, 02:53:44 pm »

Whatever it is better have at least four A's in it. Like Vaartinaani or something.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #11052 on: November 12, 2015, 03:07:01 pm »

Whatever it is better have at least four A's in it. Like Vaartinaani or something.

Not enough umlauts.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #11053 on: November 12, 2015, 05:42:30 pm »
Vaärtinäani?

(I really, really want to add an umlaut over the N, like in Spinal Tap.)
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #11054 on: November 13, 2015, 12:27:25 am »