Author Topic: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread  (Read 2064961 times)

Art Vandelay

Re: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread
« Reply #11295 on: February 28, 2016, 05:05:59 am »
I have noticed, and I'm sure others have too, world leaders in general seem to age abnormally quickly.  It's one of many reason I have no ambitions to ever hold a position like that, it's just way too bad for your health.
8 years of severe and unrelenting pressure will do that.

Though Obama was in his late 40's/early 50's during his term, so it's possible that this was just his natural time to go grey. Not likely, but possible.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 05:35:57 pm by Art Vandelay »

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #11296 on: February 28, 2016, 05:41:29 am »
I have noticed, and I'm sure others have too, world leaders in general seem to age abnormally quickly.  It's one of many reason I have no ambitions to ever hold a position like that, it's just way too bad for your health.
8 years of severe and unrelenting pressure will do that.

Though Obama was in his late 40's/early 50's during his term, so it's possibly that this was just his natural time to go grey. Not likely, but possible.

Yeah some people do naturally go grey pretty early but to my eyes he's done more than 8 years worth of aging, it's not just coz of his grey hair.  Same for a lot of other world leaders, they don't just go grey by the end they just look like they've aged more than they should've during the length of their terms.  In democratic countries anyway.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #11297 on: February 28, 2016, 10:01:06 am »
Its not just Obama, literally all Presidents (at least in the States, dunno bout anywhere else) age VERY rapidly while in office.  Bush, going in, looked relatively hale and hearty, but nowadays, he looks like an extremely tired old man.  Same thing with Lincoln.  And almost all Presidents, who aren't assassinated, die well before their peers.  That shit takes a hell of a toll on ya.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #11298 on: February 28, 2016, 10:57:23 am »
It happens to UK Prime Ministers too.  Blair was in Number 10 for quite a long time but even so I think he aged prematurely.  Gordon Brown was only PM for 3 years but he looked like he'd aged nearly a decade.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #11299 on: February 28, 2016, 12:46:03 pm »
I think what makes the job so stressful besides you know running an entire country, is that everything that goes wrong is your fault somehow. Economy's in the red? President's fault. Massive Civil Rights protests? President's fault.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #11300 on: February 28, 2016, 12:49:03 pm »
Obama is one year younger than me. To me, he seems to have suffered the most facial degradation of any President since Nixon. He looks to have aged an additional 10 years on top of normal progression. His grey hair is the least issue. You usually don't see deep facial folds and gauntness from dermal thinning (loss of collagen) like that on a person of full or partial African descent until they are at least 65.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 09:44:21 pm by mellenORL »
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #11301 on: February 28, 2016, 05:29:45 pm »
I'd say your average world leader ages 2.5 years for every year in office. Obama has probably aged 4 years to each year in office. Having the most idiotic, obstructionist, denigrating congress in the history of America will do that to you.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #11302 on: February 28, 2016, 07:08:21 pm »
I'd say your average world leader ages 2.5 years for every year in office. Obama has probably aged 4 years to each year in office. Having the most idiotic, obstructionist, denigrating congress in the history of America will do that to you.

As someone very knowledgeable about US history once told me, the Reconstruction-era Congresses make the current one look as if they're all holding hands and singing "Kumbaya".
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Delirium

• Bishop
  • "i choose my own way to burn." - sophie scholl
« Reply #11303 on: February 28, 2016, 08:56:20 pm »

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #11304 on: February 28, 2016, 11:18:22 pm »
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 11:21:29 pm by Ultimate Paragon »

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #11305 on: February 28, 2016, 11:57:28 pm »
Sorry, what was that you said, Paragon?
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #11306 on: February 29, 2016, 04:53:50 am »
I don't understand the world's obsession with Leo getting an Oscar.  Am I the only one who thinks he's not an especially great actor?  I'm not even sure I'd say he's a good actor, just an ok one.  Not bad, just mostly serviceable.

And walking about in the freezing cold and eating disgusting food on camera does not deserve a Best Actor Oscar.  Fuck, I've been doing the exact same thing every year for the last 6 years for minimum wage and nobody's going to give me an Oscar.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #11307 on: February 29, 2016, 03:50:22 pm »
Sorry, what was that you said, Paragon?

...I guess this is my "Dewey Defeats Truman" moment.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #11308 on: February 29, 2016, 04:46:02 pm »
I don't understand the world's obsession with Leo getting an Oscar.  Am I the only one who thinks he's not an especially great actor?  I'm not even sure I'd say he's a good actor, just an ok one.  Not bad, just mostly serviceable.

And walking about in the freezing cold and eating disgusting food on camera does not deserve a Best Actor Oscar.  Fuck, I've been doing the exact same thing every year for the last 6 years for minimum wage and nobody's going to give me an Oscar.

What about an Emmy?

Offline Vinroke

• Apprentice
« Reply #11309 on: February 29, 2016, 09:04:04 pm »
Not sure if it goes here or disturbing images
(click to show/hide)
Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes
Machina improba! Vel mihi ede potum vel mihi redde nummos meos!