Author Topic: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread  (Read 2066057 times)

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
Re: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread
« Reply #3240 on: August 14, 2012, 12:45:41 am »
For Nicki

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck-VIA1GUCY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck-VIA1GUCY</a>
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Kristine

• The Beast
« Reply #3241 on: August 14, 2012, 01:26:01 am »

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3242 on: August 14, 2012, 04:45:31 am »
What I want to know is how would the battle turn out if it was a naval battle similar to the ones fought in WWII and what types of ships would they be.
Going by what Damen said, it would be a big fuckoff fleet of Bismarck and Yamato class battleships and Shinano class carriers with a full compliment of modern screening vessels on the Federation side, and for the Empire we'd have a fairly modest fleet of Hermes class carriers and dreadnaught class battleships with a few equally slow and outdated screens.

Naturally, it would not end well for the Empire.

Aye.  Unless they turned tail and ran using their hyperdrives, which I really don't see happening, as they seem to be that brand of terminally stupid.

If we're using the Federation shortly after the end of Voyager, they've gotten a wealth of tactical and scientific data...all from one ship.  Like the Empire, the Borg are a big, ponderous foe who's got some fancy engines (transwarp drives, to be exact) which mean they can go further faster, but they're not as maneuverable in tight (in space terms) quarters.  On the other hand, mobility is one of the things the Federation's best at, and considering the fact that, after Voyager got home, they received intel on no less than three forms of faster-than-warp travel: transwarp, quantum slipstream, and coaxial induction drives, all of whom are capable of traveling the breadth of a galaxy in relatively short periods of time.

Factor into that the number of people they have working on all this, which could be anywhere from thousands to millions, and you've got a fleet that's on the verge of becoming not just maneuverable to the point of absurdity, but in possession of technology that puts them on a superior footing against the god damned Borg.  If the Empire wants to have a chance at destroying the Federation, it would have to be before this point is reached, otherwise, they'll be dead the moment they step into Federation space.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #3243 on: August 14, 2012, 06:47:46 am »
What I want to know is how would the battle turn out if it was a naval battle similar to the ones fought in WWII and what types of ships would they be.
Going by what Damen said, it would be a big fuckoff fleet of Bismarck and Yamato class battleships and Shinano class carriers with a full compliment of modern screening vessels on the Federation side, and for the Empire we'd have a fairly modest fleet of Hermes class carriers and dreadnaught class battleships with a few equally slow and outdated screens.

You seem remarkably well-versed in Trek canon for someone who's never seen an episode.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3244 on: August 14, 2012, 06:53:30 am »

You seem remarkably well-versed in Trek canon for someone who's never seen an episode.
I just read Damen's post, figured "Federation = lots of awesome ships, Empire = a few mediocre ships" and went from there.

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #3245 on: August 14, 2012, 08:17:23 am »

I just read Damen's post, figured "Federation = lots of awesome ships, Empire = a few mediocre ships" and went from there.

Yeah, I fear I was mistaken about the Federation's fleet numbers. It wasn't 300 ships gathered for Operation Return.

It was 600.

Up against the Empire's forces that I never saw shooting at a target that wasn't more than a few kilometers away.

I'd prefer the holodeck, if it's all the same to you. More options.

I always thought it interesting how Riker said in the episode Up The Long Ladder that the "ship will clean itself." Now we know why. Would you want to be the guy with the mop and squeegee after the Holodeck had been used?
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3246 on: August 14, 2012, 11:42:26 am »

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #3247 on: August 14, 2012, 12:45:42 pm »

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
« Reply #3248 on: August 14, 2012, 02:40:30 pm »
22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #3249 on: August 14, 2012, 04:19:38 pm »
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3250 on: August 14, 2012, 04:57:33 pm »

As soon as I read "Put both lids of the toilet up", I knew what was coming.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #3251 on: August 14, 2012, 05:13:09 pm »

As soon as I read "Put both lids of the toilet up", I knew what was coming.

I knew as soon as I saw but one word: Toilet.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #3252 on: August 14, 2012, 11:35:37 pm »

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #3253 on: August 15, 2012, 01:41:29 am »

I don't remember anything before the 2030 mark, and I have no idea what Forget About Dre and Eyjafjallajokull are, even though i apparently should.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #3254 on: August 15, 2012, 02:34:32 am »
^ Eyjafjallajökull was a volcano in Iceland that erupted and caused a huge nuisance in not only Iceland but also most of Europe to where flights were delayed and tourists or business people were stranded until it was safe to pass where the trail of smoke was. I don't know about Forget About Dre either.