Author Topic: Domestic Terrorism and NSA Spying  (Read 945 times)

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
Domestic Terrorism and NSA Spying
« on: August 07, 2013, 02:43:58 pm »
Something I was thinking about was around a year ago or so, some legitimate criticism of the Obama administration was about there being only one person in charge of checking potential domestic terrorists (i.e. non-Middle Eastern ones like the KKK or something) whereas more resources were put into checking on Middle Eastern terrorists. Now with the recent NSA debacle, I'm a bit confused on spying on who for our supposed safety.
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline mythbuster43

• Pope
    • Northwest View
Re: Domestic Terrorism and NSA Spying
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 05:15:26 pm »
There's no way that only one person is doing the spying. They probably have several different guys in charge of doing the spying that report back up into the administration. I don't think J. Edgar Hoover ran COINTELPRO all by himself.

At any rate, domestic spying has proven only to be a needless violation of our Fourth Amendment rights because it hasn't been proven to actually foil or prevent domestic terrorist attacks. It didn't prevent the Boston Bombing, for example.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 05:18:06 pm by mythbuster43 »

Offline Jack Mann

• Gold Bugger Jihad Pony
  • God
Re: Domestic Terrorism and NSA Spying
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 01:05:29 am »
The funny thing is, Myth, it could very well have prevented some acts of domestic terrorism.  But since they refuse to disclose any details about the program, they can't prove it.  We would have to take their word for it.

Just like we were supposed to take their word that they wouldn't abuse their power.
اللغة العربية صعبة ، ولكنها جميلة جدا