Author Topic: Democratic Primaries Thread  (Read 30696 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: Democratic Primaries Thread
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2020, 11:44:35 pm »
Basically Biden will win the south but I think Bernie will win everything else.

Well the flip side of this is that apparently Biden staked everything on South Carolina and has no organization in any Super Tuesday state.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2020, 01:15:02 am »
Quite frankly, with Bernie supporting shit like this, do you REALLY want him to win?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/29/us/politics/bernie-sanders-chapo-trap-house.html

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2020, 01:19:36 am »
"bloodless asexual"?

likening Warren to a snake?

I just cannot stand these people. They go "OH ITS COMMON FOLK TALKING, WHY ARE YOU SO MAD ABOUT IT???" Its not magically okay because you're not swimming in gold.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2020, 01:48:11 am »
Quite frankly, with Bernie supporting shit like this, do you REALLY want him to win?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/29/us/politics/bernie-sanders-chapo-trap-house.html

I think anyone but Trump or Bloomberg.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2020, 02:38:56 am »
Sanders easily has the worst supporters. They treat him like the second coming and will minimize or spin any mistakes he makes so damn hard. Sanders is polling like shit among Hispanic voters in Florida, as badly as Trump, in fact. But Bernie Bros are still trying to spin his praise for Castro as a good thing, despite the fact that nominating Sanders will almost certainly hand Florida to the Republicans. Ever notice just white Bernie Bros tend to be? Not a coincidence.

That's not even getting into the constant conspiracy theories.

And then there's the hypocrisy. At this point in the 2016 race, Sanders had decisively lost. But yet he refused to drop out or support Clinton, planning to try to snipe superdelegates at the DNC. I lost count of how many "Bernie can still win!" headlines I saw being passed around among his supporters. And this year? They're already declaring that Warren can't win and that she's only still in the race to hurt Sanders (Bernie Bros? Spouting conspiracy theories? Shocker) and that her supporters need to rally behind Sanders. Which is literally what they whined about Clinton supporters saying in 2016.

But then you have how they treat the other candidates. I've got a friend who regularly tweets "X candidate is a Republican." Even Warren, which is absolutely absurd. Bloomberg and Gabbard aside, the idea that any Democratic candidate is a Republican is just shit stirring nonsense. Sanders has a cult. Yeah, it's better than Trump's cult in that they (or at least most of them) aren't actively wishing harm on other people, but they're not supporting Sanders for his policies or ideas, they're supporting Sanders because he's Bernie Sanders.

In other news: Buttigieg is out. I'm surprised he didn't hold on until Super Tuesday.
Who needs a signature?

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2020, 02:50:46 am »
It would not surprise me at all if, after Sanders dies, his followers immediately point to that one Nevada case and go "LET'S TRY AND ELECT A CORPSE!!"

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2020, 03:25:45 am »
It would not surprise me at all if, after Sanders dies, his followers immediately point to that one Nevada case and go "LET'S TRY AND ELECT A CORPSE!!"

Happened in Missouri, too.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2020, 06:09:34 pm »
Sanders easily has the worst supporters. They treat him like the second coming and will minimize or spin any mistakes he makes so damn hard. Sanders is polling like shit among Hispanic voters in Florida, as badly as Trump, in fact. But Bernie Bros are still trying to spin his praise for Castro as a good thing, despite the fact that nominating Sanders will almost certainly hand Florida to the Republicans. Ever notice just white Bernie Bros tend to be? Not a coincidence.

That's not even getting into the constant conspiracy theories.

And then there's the hypocrisy. At this point in the 2016 race, Sanders had decisively lost. But yet he refused to drop out or support Clinton, planning to try to snipe superdelegates at the DNC. I lost count of how many "Bernie can still win!" headlines I saw being passed around among his supporters. And this year? They're already declaring that Warren can't win and that she's only still in the race to hurt Sanders (Bernie Bros? Spouting conspiracy theories? Shocker) and that her supporters need to rally behind Sanders. Which is literally what they whined about Clinton supporters saying in 2016.

But then you have how they treat the other candidates. I've got a friend who regularly tweets "X candidate is a Republican." Even Warren, which is absolutely absurd. Bloomberg and Gabbard aside, the idea that any Democratic candidate is a Republican is just shit stirring nonsense. Sanders has a cult. Yeah, it's better than Trump's cult in that they (or at least most of them) aren't actively wishing harm on other people, but they're not supporting Sanders for his policies or ideas, they're supporting Sanders because he's Bernie Sanders.

In other news: Buttigieg is out. I'm surprised he didn't hold on until Super Tuesday.

I don't know Ilhan Omar and AOC both endorsed Bernie and they're both pretty fantastic.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2020, 12:10:23 am »
They're two people, and there are vastly more people supporting him than them.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2020, 12:50:28 am »
I don't even hate Sanders myself. In fact, I'm getting closer and closer to believing that Warren should drop out and endorse him since Biden's clearly got an establishment Democrat coalition going on. But he's still a worse option than Warren.
Who needs a signature?

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2020, 01:09:57 am »
They're two people, and there are vastly more people supporting him than them.

That sounds like he might have a pretty good chance of winning the primary and then the general election then.

I would like to see Warren win although I think Trump probably goes better against her in the general than either Biden or Sanders. Would love to see either one offer Warren the position of VP

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2020, 09:06:12 am »
If Biden wins the nomination Trump is going to be re elected.
I don't see young voters getting excited about status quo politics that we've had shoved down our throats for the past nearly forty years. He doesn't really bring anything new to the table. He's prone to gaffes and saying things that are just absurd and Trump already has dirt on him that we're going to hear ad nauseam until election day. The rust belt isn't going to vote for Biden because they didn't vote for Hillary.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2020, 01:18:36 pm »
If Biden wins the nomination Trump is going to be re elected.
I don't see young voters getting excited about status quo politics that we've had shoved down our throats for the past nearly forty years. He doesn't really bring anything new to the table. He's prone to gaffes and saying things that are just absurd and Trump already has dirt on him that we're going to hear ad nauseam until election day. The rust belt isn't going to vote for Biden because they didn't vote for Hillary.

I think if any of the old white men end up being nominated Trump probably wins again.  Because they all have major flaws to exploit, but the media wants 1) a horse race and 2) can't visualize any other group being President.

And honestly, if Bernie wins, I suspect you'll see his coalition turn on him within two years, because he's pushed them to reject compromise.  So they'll be angry when the midterms come and they don't have all the stuff Bernie promises... Just like Obama.

Biden, on the other hand, probably wastes the first two years making all the same mistakes Obama made; trying to convince the Repubs to work with him, and ignoring all of the insults they throw his way.

Boasting about the most diverse coalition in Dem history; how did it once again come down to two 75-80 year old white men?

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2020, 02:51:35 pm »
Because somehow we've come to venerate experience above all else, even at the expense of making governance a gerontocracy.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2020, 03:36:17 pm »
Did my civic duty.

Ironbite-let the chips fall where they may.