Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1115100 times)

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #3315 on: April 09, 2014, 04:19:24 pm »

Following statement: Okay, it gives the president power to introduce bills, but not the power to make laws all by himself...

Getting a little vague there to be honest, but I'm guessing it's the usual anti-Obama position.
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #3316 on: April 09, 2014, 04:26:58 pm »

Following statement: Okay, it gives the president power to introduce bills, but not the power to make laws all by himself...

Getting a little vague there to be honest, but I'm guessing it's the usual anti-Obama position.

I'm betting this person was completely silent at all the executive orders and signing statements the Cheney/Bush Administration wrote, effectively making up new laws or exempting themselves from the ones Congress passed.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #3317 on: April 09, 2014, 04:32:31 pm »
They just never paid attention to all the presidential executive orders under Republican presidents. Now that a black man and a Democrat is in office, they suddenly hear or care about executive orders, and think Obama is issuing papal bulls or royal decrees or some such bullshit.

Executive orders are generally about implementing federal government work or action policy decisions or strategic military operations, nearly always for immediacy's sake, often to stem crises, and yes, in quite a few past cases, there were very shady directives that benefitted whichever president issued them, but all of those orders involve only federal employees at their jobs. So, you know...it's mostly just about an executive, executing executive prerogatives, just like an executive does in a corporation. Obama has issued far fewer executive orders than any modern era president, but ya know, scary black commie Muslim Demoncrat.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
« Reply #3318 on: April 09, 2014, 10:00:15 pm »

I guess someone didn't take the time to read the rules.

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #3319 on: April 09, 2014, 11:15:36 pm »

Hey, let's count the ways that he's wrong!

1. The president cannot introduce bills, only members of Congress can do that.

2.  The Constitution gives the President the power to veto bills, which strongly implies that he (or she) must be consulted in the writing process.

3.  Congress has the constitutional authority to make all laws necessary and proper for carrying out their constitutional duties.  Since it is not possible for Congress to directly manage every function of government, they have passed laws delegating authority to the bureaucracy that exists in the executive branch, headed by the President.  This often gives the POTUS the authority to change how laws work by changing how they are enforced.

Did I miss anything?
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline Yla

• The Beast
« Reply #3320 on: April 10, 2014, 04:45:55 am »

That's... the most blatant case of making reality fit ideology that I've ever seen.
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #3321 on: April 10, 2014, 09:45:41 am »
Facts get in the way of their gun law feels. So badly, in fact (ha), that they made a cartoon implying that Fort Hood - a US Army base - is a gun free zone. The reality is that if you are not on duty for MP patrol or maneuvers or drills, you cannot carry a weapon around on base. For obvious reasons. Because of the previous Fort Hood shooting, and because that has been base policy at all US military installations that are not in an active war zone since motherfucking forever. 
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3322 on: April 10, 2014, 11:22:19 am »
Shhhhh....if only Obama let everyone carry a side arm this wouldn't happen.

Ironbite-cause if the mentally unstable are carrying guns, the stable people will shoo them before they can draw.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #3323 on: April 10, 2014, 11:36:20 am »
Facts get in the way of their gun law feels. So badly, in fact (ha), that they made a cartoon implying that Fort Hood - a US Army base - is a gun free zone. The reality is that if you are not on duty for MP patrol or maneuvers or drills, you cannot carry a weapon around on base. For obvious reasons. Because of the previous Fort Hood shooting, and because that has been base policy at all US military installations that are not in an active war zone since motherfucking forever.

You have said what I was going to say! Cool!

Stuff like Fort Hood should put the kibosh on the "If everybody had guns we could take down crazy mass-shooters" chestnut....unfortunately, we're dealing with the human embodiments of the Dunning-Kruger Effect.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #3324 on: April 10, 2014, 11:41:13 am »
"And when that don't work, use more gun."

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #3325 on: April 11, 2014, 08:07:16 pm »

Why should I take credit for something somebody else did just because he happens to share my race?  I think white guilt is stupid, but this is its equally bad polar opposite.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #3326 on: April 11, 2014, 08:32:13 pm »

Why should I take credit for something somebody else did just because he happens to share my race?  I think white guilt is stupid, but this is its equally bad polar opposite.

Or for that matter a black guy. Since Charles R Drew is in large part responsible for modern transfusion technology.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3327 on: April 11, 2014, 08:38:20 pm »
Wow I facepalmed so hard I think I left a bruise.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
« Reply #3328 on: April 12, 2014, 04:13:58 pm »

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #3329 on: April 12, 2014, 04:26:01 pm »
How does the dude who does LiberalLogic 101 even manage to tie his own shoes?