Author Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic  (Read 642069 times)

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
« Reply #1425 on: December 06, 2012, 06:00:16 pm »
I'd have thought the first thing they would be offended by is that the pony society is controlled by two Matriarchs and there is a 60:40 ratio of mares to stallions.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #1426 on: December 07, 2012, 03:38:39 am »
60:40? more like 80:20 or 90:10... the only males I can think of off the top of my head are Rarity and Twi's dads, Ace and Pokey are together, Big Mac has Smarty Pants, Braeburn has Little Strong Heart, Sheriff Silverstar, Hoity Toity, Filthy Rich, Mr. Cake has Cup, Snips and Snails, Doctor Whooves has Derpy and Mr. Breezy.  Donut Joe and Gustave Le Grande only have eyes for each other.

... sorry, 3:37 a.m., my shipper's showing.  I'm going to bed.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #1427 on: December 07, 2012, 09:15:28 pm »
Let's play BINGO, everypony!!

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #1428 on: December 07, 2012, 11:38:32 pm »
Any tips on coming out of the barn to my wife?

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #1429 on: December 08, 2012, 02:20:27 am »
Let's play BINGO, everypony!!

If we're gonna play bingo, let's not discuss spoilers when marking the cards, at least not without proper spoiler tags.  I mean, I know that the next episode is supposed to be about Scootaloo or whatever at this point.  I don't know what it's gonna be about exactly.  I also know that a lot of synopses have been released already.  Details are not what I want.  The more they can be avoided, the better.

Hm.  That's the first time I've heard it as "coming out of the barn."  Usually I've heard it as "coming out of the stable."

As far as advice goes, can you give us more information?  How much is your wife into cartoons?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 02:24:46 am by B-Man »
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #1430 on: December 08, 2012, 03:19:29 am »
Will refrain from discussing the episode that drops in... about 7 hours from now.  Luna's Glorious Royal Plot, I should sleep.

As for coming out of the stable, John, my best advice is to just take a cue from AJ and be honest.  If she's willing to give it a try, show her the season 1 2-parter, then Bridle Gossip and Swarm of the Century.  After that, perhaps Sonic Rainboom (if you've gotten that far).

Once you get into Seasons 2 and 3, I have more (and better) suggestions.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
« Reply #1431 on: December 08, 2012, 05:59:52 am »
"Coming out of the stable?" Eesh, my body cringed at that sentence, sorry. I would agree with everybody saying to be honest. One would think your wife already knows you are not some kind of psychotic. Or she does, but she likes that.

Offline tempus

• Bishop
« Reply #1432 on: December 08, 2012, 07:13:40 am »

Start by giving her a Derpy Hooves plushy?

Congratulations.  You found Ronald Reagan. He’s living in each and every one of you.  Just waiting to gnaw his way out of your chest and skitter off into the ventilation ducts.

--Neckfucker

That shape...that figure...those curves...god damn the weighted companion cube has never looked so good!

--Anonymous

Los Angeles is a city of brick, steel, concrete, and asphalt. There's no room for cows.

--CommanderCoffee

Offline Iczerfour

• Spawn of Pinkamena and Flutterbat
  • Pope
  • Now won't you stop moving, interrupting's not nice
« Reply #1433 on: December 08, 2012, 11:06:15 am »
today was a great episode..   It was not only a Scootaloo Episode it had Princess Luna!

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
« Reply #1434 on: December 08, 2012, 03:47:04 pm »
Thanks to this episode, Rarity overtakes Rainbow Dash as ultimate douche pony

EDIT: I thought Sweetie Belle was supposed to be good at singing.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 04:14:47 pm by Dakota Bob »

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1435 on: December 08, 2012, 04:49:26 pm »
Tired voice, trying to sing a song too loud, or more probably, Rule of Funny.

(click to show/hide)
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #1436 on: December 08, 2012, 06:20:52 pm »

If we're gonna play bingo, let's not discuss spoilers when marking the cards, at least not without proper spoiler tags.  I mean, I know that the next episode is supposed to be about Scootaloo or whatever at this point.  I don't know what it's gonna be about exactly.  I also know that a lot of synopses have been released already.  Details are not what I want.  The more they can be avoided, the better.

I'm sorry, I didn't post it as "Hey, here are some spoilers", I posted it in good fun, and haven't read any of the synopses personally. On another note, you seem to get way too bent out of shape over spoliers, and spoilers aren't that big of a deal to get bent out of shape over. I don't mean to come off as a bitch, I just think you take spoilers in general, too seriously and need to lighten up a bit. If you hate spoilers so much why have you read any of synopses?? I haven't read ANY of the future episode synopses, and I have no problem with spoilers.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 07:57:44 pm by Empress Nicki »

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #1437 on: December 08, 2012, 06:45:50 pm »
60:40? more like 80:20 or 90:10... the only males I can think of off the top of my head are Rarity and Twi's dads, Ace and Pokey are together, Big Mac has Smarty Pants, Braeburn has Little Strong Heart, Sheriff Silverstar, Hoity Toity, Filthy Rich, Mr. Cake has Cup, Snips and Snails, Doctor Whooves has Derpy and Mr. Breezy.  Donut Joe and Gustave Le Grande only have eyes for each other.

... sorry, 3:37 a.m., my shipper's showing.  I'm going to bed.

Prince Blue Blood? There are a lot now more male characters in season 3 I've noticed.
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #1438 on: December 08, 2012, 10:30:44 pm »

I'm sorry, I didn't post it as "Hey, here are some spoilers", I posted it in good fun, and haven't read any of the synopses personally. On another note, you seem to get way too bent out of shape over spoliers, and spoilers aren't that big of a deal to get bent out of shape over. I don't mean to come off as a bitch, I just think you take spoilers in general, too seriously and need to lighten up a bit. If you hate spoilers so much why have you read any of synopses?? I haven't read ANY of the future episode synopses, and I have no problem with spoilers.

I tend to not read spoilers.  People start posting them on My Little Brony though, and usually both emphasize a good spoilery part by not only zooming in on it, but underlining it in red, and usually make an image out if it all in one comic.  That shit's annoying.  I don't have a problem with spoilers so much as them not being properly marked/warned for.  It's kinda annoying to suddenly see spoiler talk when you're just trying to peruse MLB or the KYM image gallery.

Now, about the episode.  I can see two things coming out of this.

(click to show/hide)

All in all, l thought that was a pretty sweet episode.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 01:32:53 am by B-Man »
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #1439 on: December 08, 2012, 10:33:09 pm »
My boyfriend used to make fun of me for liking ponies, but today he became full-on brony. He's watched almost all of season 1 today. I'm so proud...
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!