Author Topic: The war in Syria is changing  (Read 6095 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
The war in Syria is changing
« on: October 14, 2019, 03:11:46 am »
https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/10/13/kurds-assad-syria-russia-putin-turkey-genocide/?fbclid=IwAR0SZ438wF1NlvllhgHmC2AIt3E007_Gf4C7iKOC5wWY-YlxJwtUN_7c4dE

TL;DR after being abandoned by USA the Kurds and seeing as EU and NATO are only using slow and ineffectual diplomatic means, the Kurds have decided to ally with people who can help them immediately: Assad and Putin. It's not like they trust them but an ally who might later stab you in the back is not as bad as the enemy that is currently trying to commit genocide against your people.

We are seeing a war in Syria where a NATO country is fighting against forces backed up by Russia. Time to adjust the doomsday clock again.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Id82

• The Beast
Re: The war in Syria is changing
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 12:48:03 pm »
Thanks Trump.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2019, 03:38:18 pm »
And he won't do shit because Errodad has two Trump Towers in Istanbul.

Ironbite-IMPEACH THE FUCKER!

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2019, 05:18:37 pm »
Last time I checked, there's discussions about suspending Turkey from NATO, because this is ethnic cleansing, and the other countries don't want to have any part in it.  And would it surprise anybody for Erdogan to switch allegiances to work with Russia instead?

Meanwhile, captured ISIS agents are escaping and/or being freed, which means this idiotic move by Donald the Doofus probably brings ISIS back from the dead.  Congrats, Trump, you are the father of ISIS now!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2019, 05:35:40 pm »
Last time I checked, there's discussions about suspending Turkey from NATO, because this is ethnic cleansing, and the other countries don't want to have any part in it.  And would it surprise anybody for Erdogan to switch allegiances to work with Russia instead?

Meanwhile, captured ISIS agents are escaping and/or being freed, which means this idiotic move by Donald the Doofus probably brings ISIS back from the dead.  Congrats, Trump, you are the father of ISIS now!

The thing is, there are Kurdish separatists in Turkey, and some of them are terrorists, and they very likely are getting some support from Syrian Kurds.

So Turkey has a legitimate national security concern here.

As for being the father of ISIS... no, that makes him the god of ISIS, since only gods can bring people back from the dead.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2019, 06:11:38 pm »
It would probably help the region to have an autonomous Kurdish state established across Northern Syrian and Iraq but no one but the Kurds wants that.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2019, 06:13:19 pm »
It would probably help the region to have an autonomous Kurdish state established across Northern Syrian and Iraq but no one but the Kurds wants that.

Very possibly, but the Kurds have been fucked over by their allies again and again, despite being among the fiercest and bravest fighters against terrorist groups. US troops are saying that they didn't fight alongside the Kurds; they would point out where the enemy was, and the Kurds would attack while the US troops stayed behind the nearby hill.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Vanto

• Bishop
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2019, 09:15:25 pm »
"But remember, The Donald's a Very Stable Genius who's playing 4D chess. I'm sure this was all part of our God-Emperor's plan and everything will turn out tremendously" - Trump stans, probably.
Stop the timeline, I wanna get off.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2019, 11:53:35 pm »
"The LEFT are all NPCs though! Just ignore the fact that we repeat anything and everything Dear Leader says, automatically agree with him, and react violently to opposition or protest."
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Vanto

• Bishop
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2019, 01:37:57 pm »
Well, it looks like Trump followed through on his threat of sanctions:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/10/trump-impose-sanctions-turkey-191014195833562.html

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2019, 01:50:29 pm »
The steel tariff is not going to hurt Turkey at all but I suppose it serves as a soft start. The trade deal going on hold may be more noticeable.

Trump has also suggested withdrawing nukes from Turkey, which is something that only benefits Russia.

EU is also canceling deals (particularly weapon shipments) and talking about economic sanctions.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2019, 11:38:37 pm »
Trump has responded by sending this letter to Erdogan:

If it weren't such a horrible thing it would be hilarious. Almost as hilarious as the fact that this was published by Trump and not Erdogan laughing his ass off at him.

Imagine thinking this shows you in a good or strong light.

Offline Vanto

• Bishop
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2019, 01:51:33 am »
...I'm at a loss for words. Hold on, I still need time to process this.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2019, 07:57:14 am »
Is that letter for real? It looks like it was typed out by a sixth grader. Also I can never understand his signature. How does that say Donald Trump?
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2019, 12:35:30 am »
Is that letter for real? It looks like it was typed out by a sixth grader. Also I can never understand his signature. How does that say Donald Trump?

It's for real.  And you're not the only one who doubted its authenticity; multiple news outlets had to ask the White House if that really was the official letter, because none of them could believe it.