Author Topic: 3 stupid men in 3 stupid stories  (Read 1912 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
3 stupid men in 3 stupid stories
« on: July 26, 2015, 04:34:06 pm »
Well well well.  Guess I gots me a triple shot for ya'll.  And no I don't hang out all day on Huffington Post looking for these stories.  I follow on twitter!

First up, we'll stay in my home state as former Attorney General Ken "CuCu" Cuccinelli attempts to tell a black man why "black lives matter" insults white people.  Because I guess black kids being shot in the street isn't offensive enough.

A panel discussion on CNN got heated Sunday when former Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli (R) argued that "Black Lives Matter" is a poor message because it makes white people feel less valued.
After former South Carolina Rep. Bakari Sellers (D) explained that as a black man, he was "the only person at this table whose next interaction [with law enforcement] may cause them to be a hashtag," Cuccinelli suggested that the "Black Lives Matter" slogan and hashtag should be amended, according to CNN footage shared by Raw Story.
"Adding t-o-o at the end puts it in a context that makes sense," he argued. Sellers answered that message is already implicit in the slogan.
"Well, you may say that," Cuccinelli told Sellers. "And there’s plenty of reason to understand that. But I don’t think every American hears it that way. They hear, 'Here we are. Yes, we have this political motivation that we're separating out this one category of Americans and saying they matter more than everybody else.'"
Sellers tried to reframe the message for the former attorney general.
"We’re saying stop killing us," he said.
"I understand that," Cuccinelli replied, "but that’s why you have the retort, 'No, all lives matter.' We’re not leaving these out."

Nobody is leaving this out.  Whites do in fact get killed by police as well.  But not in the numbers or frequency we've been seeing in the past year or so.  That's the point of the hashtag you bleeding idiot.

Coming up next is Bobbi Jindal and how he's taking on the WBC.  By threatening to arrest them if they even show up at the funerals of the recent movie shooting victims.

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal (R) said members of the Westboro Baptist Church face arrest if they try to protest funerals in his state for victims of the Lafayette movie theater shooting.
The hate-mongering church has indicated it plans to protest the funerals, which begin Monday. The group considers mass shootings in the U.S. to be an act of God in retaliation for various sins.
John Russell Houser shot 11 people Thursday during a 7 p.m. showing of “Trainwreck,” killing Mayci Breaux, 21, and Jillian Johnson, 33, before killing himself. Houser reportedly expressed admiration online for Westboro.
"If they come here to Louisiana, if they try to disrupt this funeral, we're going to lock them up," Jindal, a presidential candidate, said on CBS's "Face The Nation" Sunday. "We're going to arrest them. They shouldn't try that in Louisiana. We won't abide by that here. Let these families grieve."
Westboro members protest funerals to call attention to their own extremist views. Jindal already has issued an executive order that attempts to block Westboro members from protesting the funerals.
"They better not try that nonsense here," Jindal said.

That "nonsense" you freaking idiot is a group of hateful people actually exercising their First Amendment rights.  And, I'm not sure if you were made aware of this but, the SCOTUS also said they can protest funerals.  Frankly this is just giving them an excuse to sue your state and you're falling right for it.  I like what the attendees of the funeral plan to do.  Make a human wall and deny them access to the service.

And last up we got to Mike Huckabee who seems to think that Obama might actually be Adolf Hitler for some reason known only to him.

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee (R) on Saturday invoked the specter of the Holocaust to criticize President Barack Obama for his decision to negotiate with Iran over its nuclear program.
“This president’s foreign policy is the most feckless in American history. It is so naive that he would trust the Iranians. By doing so, he will take the Israelis and march them to the door of the oven," Huckabee said in an interview with Breitbart News.
The presidential contender, a social conservative who is seen favorably by Republican voters, has promised to rescind the deal with Iran on his first day in office.
"This is the most idiotic thing, this Iran deal. It should be rejected by both Democrats and Republicans in Congress and by the American people. I read the whole deal. We gave away the whole store. It’s got to be stopped," he said in the interview.
Huckabee currently polls at 5.6 percent in the GOP presidential primary, according to HuffPost Pollster:

Guess you gotta do something outrageous when you're polling 5.6% in primary voters.

And there you go.  3 very stupid news stories from 3 very stupid people.

Ironbite-have at it!

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
Re: 3 stupid men in 3 stupid stories
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 05:50:00 pm »
if the wbc considers mass shootings an act of god, what would happen if a mass shooting happened to... oh, say, wipe out the wbc? all 31 1/2 of them?

not saying they should be shot (that would be an insult to bullets), but would they view it as punishing them for not hating enough on teh gayz or something?
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 06:05:24 pm »
if the wbc considers mass shootings an act of god, what would happen if a mass shooting happened to... oh, say, wipe out the wbc? all 31 1/2 of them?

not saying they should be shot (that would be an insult to bullets), but would they view it as punishing them for not hating enough on teh gayz or something?

That's the scary thing about them: they're not hypocrites.  They think they're headed for hell too.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2015, 07:52:02 pm »
Well, if Jindal decides to disregard any suit by them too via some executive order magic, that could be a plus.

Lock Drain and all his toadies away, by all means, Governor Jindal. I would honestly love to see what would happen if WBC was left in the general population section of a prison.

I too have to wonder what would happen if WBC got wiped out. Would they even complain?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 07:53:43 pm by niam2023 »
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2015, 08:09:12 pm »
The only thing I have problem with is if they do take Jindal to court, the rest of my state will be footing the bill for it and we already have to much frivolous spending in this state.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 10:02:02 pm »

That's the scary thing about them: they're not hypocrites.  They think they're headed for hell too.

Wait, they do? I kind of assumed they thought all their funeral-picketing and "God-hates-things"-sign-holding had bought them a ticket to heaven.
Σא

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2015, 12:56:02 am »

Wait, they do? I kind of assumed they thought all their funeral-picketing and "God-hates-things"-sign-holding had bought them a ticket to heaven.

I thought the same. That makes them even crazier!

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2015, 01:00:41 am »
So they're like slightly more crazy Calvinist?

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2015, 03:05:44 am »
Calvinism already was basically "we hate the world and want to forsake it". These guys somehow went one step beyond.

Now they're basically Justifiers without the Anti-Life Equation.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2015, 05:51:45 pm »
What's the point of professing Christianity if even they don't count themselves among the "elite"? Is there anybody that's heaven-bound in their weird cult? All hate. No love. No mercy. No forgiveness. No atonement. No elites. No saved. All damned! They sound like some weird Lovecraftian Old Ones religion masquerading as a ChristoFrummy Independent Baptist Church.

Why use the Bible or mention Jesus? Why believe in anything? What's the appeal? So basically, they're like "Thank you God for damning us to Hell!".

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2015, 06:14:02 pm »
You guys got it wrong.  They know they're going to heaven.  Its the rest of the world that doesn't know they're gonna burn.

Ironbite-you'd think after years of this you'd know that.