Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1113313 times)

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #2805 on: October 27, 2013, 06:00:27 pm »
Let's just blame it all on cyanobacteria. 3 billion years back in the fossil record. And still existing today. Changed the entire Earth's biomass' future by making oxygen abundant. Led to life as we know it today. Including oxygen dependent fundie fuckwits with a link to a photo hosting site with meme maker app. All because 3 billion years of cyanobacteria existing. Seems legit.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #2806 on: October 27, 2013, 07:17:25 pm »

But that doesn't even disprove anything. Coelechants are still alive and though scientists were stunned to discover it, that didn't mean that the fossils were fake. It was just that the order had been alive for a pretty long time.

fix'd

I've definitely been reading too much Harry Potter, because when I saw "order", my first thought was "What has the Order of the Phoenix got to do with fossils?"

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #2807 on: October 28, 2013, 01:51:34 am »

This is just so distasteful.

My interpretations of this message:

...The terrorists attacked WTC to stop people from voting Democrats?

...The Republicans are threatening to cause another 9/11 if people don't vote for them?

We will provide more of these if you elect us. Remember how much fun the last one was?

It's an old billboard, pretty sure it was put up during 06 midterm election. I do remember the logic behind it.

The guy who put it up argued that the 9/11 attacks were Bill Clinton's fault, and that's why people shouldn't vote for Democrats. In 1998 al-Qaeda bombed two US embassies, one in Tanzania and Kenya. President Clinton ordered that bin-Laden be either captured and tried, or killed. Later that year the US did a cruise missile attack against al-Qaeda, but as we all know bin-Laden wasn't killed in the attack, nor was he captured. Since he got away, and later planed the 9/11 attacks, it's Clinton's fault 9/11 happened since he didn't do enough to stop bin-Laden.

Of course this ignores the Bush administration overlooking a document with a title like al-Qaeda determined to strike in the US, or something similar.

The argument also ignores (deliberately) the fact that Bush massively reduced counter-terrorism operations against Al Qaeda even after 9/11, that Republicans criticised Clinton even for doing the stuff he did do, that Clinton's counter-terror operations would have worked if a responsible government had listened to them and that Al Qaeda is more than one person. Basically you're traitor if you criticise us for screwing up, but we're allowed to blame you for our mistakes as much as we like.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 01:55:14 am by Lt. Fred »
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #2808 on: October 28, 2013, 11:40:42 am »
Yes 9/11 which happened under Republican leadership and is really not the fault of any political party is all the democrats fault.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline booley

• Pope
  • Grand High Viceroy of the Eastern Expanses
« Reply #2809 on: November 03, 2013, 09:38:51 pm »
apologies if anyone has posted these before...

Ok do these guys not know what the Cato Institute is and who founded it?

And had a really long and "interesting conversation about this.  Apparently Jesus said it was ok to screw the poor if you didn't personally decide where the specific portion of taxes you gave goes.

My libertarian friends must have read different bibles then I did as a child.
“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”
The Doctor

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #2810 on: November 03, 2013, 10:31:10 pm »
Seeing as a libertard was the swing vote in giving corporations unlimited campaign finances...

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #2811 on: November 07, 2013, 02:19:19 am »
"Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's." -Matt 22:21

He's basically saying that you should give your money to Caesar (the government) but give yourself to God. Well, that's how I interpret it anyway.

There's also this:
"Let every person be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God and those which exist are established by God. Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves."-Romans 13:1

Hell, that entire chapter is just "quit your whining and pay your taxes you little shits"

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2812 on: November 07, 2013, 02:27:11 am »
Some fundies and non-fundies interpret it as "Everything belongs to God, so nothing belongs to Caesar"

To be fair, the interpretation can go either way with just as much validity.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #2813 on: November 07, 2013, 04:22:29 pm »
Some fundies and non-fundies interpret it as "Everything belongs to God, so nothing belongs to Caesar"

Surely if Jesus wanted to say "Everything belongs to God, so render nothing unto Caesar", he would've said "No, don't pay the imperial tax", rather than go through all that trouble about asking whose face and inscription is on the coin.
Σא

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2814 on: November 07, 2013, 06:15:06 pm »

Surely if Jesus wanted to say "Everything belongs to God, so render nothing unto Caesar", he would've said "No, don't pay the imperial tax", rather than go through all that trouble about asking whose face and inscription is on the coin.

The fundie (and non-fundie) response to that is that Jesus was saying one sentence that had two meanings to appease both his followers who hated taxes and the roman officials (who obviously enjoyed getting taxes) that were watching him with eagle eyes.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #2815 on: November 07, 2013, 07:51:37 pm »
Part of the issue was the Roman tax system at the time was the taxmen didn't get a salary it was take the min and anything else above teh quota you keep

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #2816 on: November 07, 2013, 09:25:25 pm »

The fundie (and non-fundie) response to that is that Jesus was saying one sentence that had two meanings to appease both his followers who hated taxes and the roman officials (who obviously enjoyed getting taxes) that were watching him with eagle eyes.

Huh. That actually makes some measure of sense.

Not a lot of sense. Leaving part of your teachings ambiguous in such a way that guarantees they will be misunderstood in the future, just to appease the people you already know are going to kill you anyway, is not the best of plans. But that's par for the course in the Bible.
Σא

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2817 on: November 07, 2013, 11:35:54 pm »
To be fair, all of the self-proclaimed prophets of the time (which I'm sure that Jesus is an amalgamation of) believed that the end times were now, that YHWH was going to establish heaven on earth, all that jazz.  They didn't consider a future in the slightest.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #2818 on: November 08, 2013, 03:46:51 am »
The Glibertarian argument that bug me most of all is the pretence that they believe taxation is theft. They don't, except the anarchists of course. So what do they mean? They mean taxation is theft except if it does things I want. Or rather, taxation is theft when it needs to be and stops being theft when it no longer needs to be. The concept of pooled resources and majority decision making is ignored as inconvenient.

Also: glibertarianism is authoritarian. Totalitarian, in fact, because it is an absolutist philosophy. That makes it firstly unworkable, but also forces it to make absurd requirements on the views of others. Ultimately, the solution is, as in Chile, torture, mass murder, ect. Just as Hayek called for, repeatedly.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #2819 on: November 11, 2013, 12:31:38 am »

Aw, aren't the babies cute when they whine. . . ::)
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)