Community > Entertainment and Television

Sherlock

(1/3) > >>

Smurfette Principle:
Who has seen it and what do you think?

shadowpanther:
Fuck yeah Sherlock!

That is all.

But yeah, it's one of the best things on tv at the moment. Actually has a smart plot, well written characters and seems pretty faithful to the original works whilst remaining its own beast. Plus it's done by Stephen Moffat.

Smurfette Principle:
I love the Holmes/Watson. Guy Ritchie's is almost a little too gay: they set Sherlock up as a flamboyant sort of person instead of the stoic he is in the books. This Sherlock is more asexual, and the constant ribbing at the fangirls is beautiful

shadowpanther:
I'm still torn over which Holmes/Watson duo I prefer. Probably leaning a bit more to the films as I find Jude Law's Watson a bit snarkier and Robert Downey Jr is just a fantastic actor.

The films probably win out for me overall due to Game of Shadows having Lord/Saint/Immortal God-Emperor of Mankind/National Bloody Treasure Stephen Fry in.

disgruntledcolonel:
Best thing on the BBC since 'The Hour' - Cumberbatch and Freeman work perfectly as the best Holmes/Watson pairing apart from Brett/Hardwicke, the script zings like nobody's business and the camerawork is brilliant - the icing on the bun though is Mark Gatiss as Mycroft, makes the roll his own,and the Sherlock/Mycroft relationship is hilarious.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version