Author Topic: Not-Good Things People Say on the Internet  (Read 274356 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Not-Good Things People Say on the Internet
« Reply #570 on: June 19, 2016, 05:43:12 am »

This keeps popping up on Imgur and every time the comments are full of people making fun of Transpeople . Also, claims that being trans is simply a type of insanity and "it should be treated not accepted" and so on...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #571 on: June 19, 2016, 11:40:22 am »

This keeps popping up on Imgur and every time the comments are full of people making fun of Transpeople . Also, claims that being trans is simply a type of insanity and "it should be treated not accepted" and so on...

They are exactly right. IQ does not define intelligence, it's an imperfect measure, and semen definitely does not define who your child will be (there's, like, an entire other gamete involved? and environmental effects?).

Things are complicated, news at 11.
Σא

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #572 on: June 19, 2016, 03:28:40 pm »
[removed]
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 01:20:05 pm by I am lizard »

Even Then

« Reply #573 on: June 19, 2016, 04:08:37 pm »
Speaking as an asexual who only started feeling that he's gay this year: uuuuuuuuuggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #574 on: June 20, 2016, 11:49:22 pm »
So some right wing blogger is hopping mad because gay rights activists want to take away his guns.  (I haven't the faintest idea what recent event could have led them to that conclusion.)  But he has a brilliant plan to stop them:

f these gays want to try and attack the rights of gun owners, all gun owners need to point out is that if they begin to feel hostile to gays, and begin to see gays as too emotional and illogical, they might begin to not believe the testimony of gays in trials.
There are about 102 million gun owners out there (32% of all Americans), and all a defense attorney would need to do is find one to put on the jury of a man who beat a gay guy, stabbed a transgender, or murdered a transvestite. Did a transgender man use the girls locker room when a pee wee swim team was changing, and get beaten to a pulp? Don’t think the beater is going to get convicted on the word of the gay.

If gays think guns should be banned, then the gay’s testimony is meaningless, and I would assume any evidence had been fabricated in an overemotional meltdown.

The potential consequences against gays would admittedly be dangerous. Millions of people who want to commit crime might begin targeting gays specifically, knowing that they would be unlikely to be convicted, given how all it would take is one of the 102 million gun owners to land on their jury – and the lawyers of the perpetrator would undoubtedly be looking for gun owners to put on the jury.

Gang members, who need to kill somebody as an initiation might seek out gays as victims, thinking they would be a free kill, and sadly there would be nothing I could do about that.

Those prone to engage in violence against gays specifically because of homophobia might be emboldened, and gay attacks could increase precipitously, and obviously all of those gay attackers going free without any consequence would be unfortunate.

However gays do not seem to consider our safety when contemplating their actions. They are all too happy to try and make us and our families less safe by preventing us from getting the guns we want to protect them. So the idea that gays would be less safe due to our realization that gays are too emotional and cannot be trusted, would not be of concern to me. I would have to vote my conscience – every time – and I suspect most other gun owners would as well.

Even Then

« Reply #575 on: June 20, 2016, 11:54:08 pm »
I think it's adorable that this motherfucker thinks he has enough power to convince millions of people to bash gays.

But not gonna lie, this kinda makes me want to take away his guns. And then shoot him somewhere painful with then.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #576 on: June 21, 2016, 01:39:02 am »
This is not, precisely, on the Internet. But I found it there so I'm posting it here.

I was rereading the debates on same-sex marriage from the House of Commons back in 2005, and I found that a Conservative MP, Paul Forseth, in speaking against the proposed change, said:

Conservatives will never impose what Canadians do not want.

https://openparliament.ca/debates/2005/3/21/paul-forseth-1/

I think my irony meter just broke.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #577 on: July 02, 2016, 05:10:16 pm »

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #578 on: July 02, 2016, 05:13:30 pm »
No Honey just....no.

Offline Delirium

• Bishop
  • "i choose my own way to burn." - sophie scholl
« Reply #579 on: July 04, 2016, 12:14:56 pm »

This is an obvious Poe. That being said, anyone who defends North Korea. That being said, I am Lizard is 100% correct about NK.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #580 on: July 11, 2016, 12:40:48 am »
[Black Lives Matter] is a terrorist organization and if we had any other president would have already been classified as one.

EDIT: Same person, same thread:

The only smoke here is in the black version of KKK, also put yourself in the officers shoe's. The issue is race, the issue is a criminal culture in the US. Fortunately the opinion of most folks in this thread matters not a single bit when it comes to resolution of this.

The whole Black Lives Matter movement was found on a series of lies and dishonesty. As such it has almost no credibility to any rational thinking person, who can get past the liberal mindset of race is king.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 01:09:25 am by dpareja »
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #581 on: July 11, 2016, 01:53:20 pm »
Agreed. One sin is just as bad as another. I have known women who are living and sleeping with their boyfriends while condemning people who are gay. Ridiculous.

So what, shoplifting and genocide are equally bad then?

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #582 on: July 15, 2016, 04:40:41 pm »
http://www.counter-currents.com/2016/06/zootopia-persecution-and-the-art-of-screenwriting/

I don't want to quote the whole thing, but it's some alt-right asshole "proving" the movie the anti-racist movie Zootopia is really pro-racist. 

Offline fancy_kitten

• Bishop
  • The fanciest little kitten
« Reply #583 on: July 15, 2016, 05:15:10 pm »
Agreed. One sin is just as bad as another. I have known women who are living and sleeping with their boyfriends while condemning people who are gay. Ridiculous.

As someone who's been down that rabbit hole, you don't want to know.
It's me, the little fancy kitten

Offline TheContrarian

• Pope
  • Inter faeces et urinam nascimur
« Reply #584 on: July 15, 2016, 05:28:53 pm »

As someone who's been down that rabbit hole, you don't want to know.

So when's your trial at the Hague?

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."