Author Topic: Random Thoughts Thread  (Read 159182 times)

Even Then

Re: Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #330 on: November 13, 2015, 09:51:17 am »
Yeah, that only works if it's sincere and out of the blue. sorry gui XD

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #331 on: November 13, 2015, 09:56:28 am »
it was sincere and out of the blue. the fact that i can niggle you with it is just bonus  ;D
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Even Then

« Reply #332 on: November 13, 2015, 10:02:36 am »
But I know your intention was to troll me, so that means I am not chuffed. HA!

Anyway,  I know it's been a thing for a while, but I like how Ghoti and I have matching avatars. We're like the skeleton bros or something.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 07:13:38 pm by Even Then »

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #333 on: November 14, 2015, 11:03:31 pm »
I've heard that the history channel is going into a bizarre phase - some days its nothin' but Nazi Stuff.

I think its pretty telling that the reality tv shit they air on the non-Nazi days is so terrible, it makes the various Nazi personalities looked into look more human for it.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #334 on: November 16, 2015, 08:33:11 pm »
Anybody else think DSP should do a let's play of Sonic 06?  For once, his complaints would be accurate.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #335 on: November 16, 2015, 09:03:29 pm »
He'd never make it past the start menu.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #336 on: November 16, 2015, 11:03:18 pm »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #337 on: November 17, 2015, 03:32:00 am »
Is DSP someone or something I should be aware of?

In other (random) news: Did you know that for Pirates of the Caribbean: On stranger tides the director specifically demanded that they take actresses that do not have breast implants? And I'm quoting him for the reason "I don't think they had breast augmentation in the 1700s..."
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #338 on: November 17, 2015, 08:10:16 am »
Darksyde Phil.  He was a..."thing" around here for a bit.

Ironbite-basically a shit LPer who screams over tutorials then gets angry when people don't tell him what to do.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #339 on: November 17, 2015, 08:42:46 am »
screams over tutorials then gets angry when people don't tell him what to do.

*triggered*

That is one of my pet peeves...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #340 on: November 17, 2015, 12:39:18 pm »
screams over tutorials then gets angry when people don't tell him what to do.

*triggered*

That is one of my pet peeves...

And it's only one of his many problems.

pyro

« Reply #341 on: November 17, 2015, 04:51:15 pm »
"I don't think they had breast augmentation in the 1700s..."

Please tell me it's just an understatement, and that he's actually certain about this.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #342 on: November 18, 2015, 02:31:08 am »
"I don't think they had breast augmentation in the 1700s..."

Please tell me it's just an understatement, and that he's actually certain about this.

Oh, I'm terribly sorry to say but he is suffering from a horrible affection known as "sense of humour" and he assumes that people are able to detect sarcasm from his comments without adding things like "el oh el" or "jaykay" to the end.

pyro

« Reply #343 on: November 18, 2015, 11:20:00 am »

Oh, I'm terribly sorry to say but he is suffering from a horrible affection known as "sense of humour" and he assumes that people are able to detect sarcasm from his comments without adding things like "el oh el" or "jaykay" to the end.

He should probably see a doctor about that; I know someone who has one, and it causes him to make these weird choppy screaming noises. It acts up a lot when he discusses politics.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #344 on: November 20, 2015, 05:42:49 am »
Funny how songs change when you change the gender of the singer. Although it is mainly that the way society sees some behavior is different depending on your gender.

Like that "I kissed a girl" song that is suddenly a song about a shy boy who is from a very strict family and is afraid of any premarital contact with women...

Or the Finnish song "Restless girl" that I just heard on the radio and which got me started on this line of thinking... Originally sang by a guy it is about a boy who is in love with a girl but she keeps pushing him away and he warns her that she might lose him forever if she does that and questions her on what is she afraid of. ...And although I'm phrasing it badly he does not come off as stalkerish in the song. But now I heard a version where the singer is female and the song is obviously a love song to a closeted lesbian who is afraid to come out.

I am also reminded of the version of "Leader of the pack" with a male singer but unfortunately they didn't have the guts to make it into a song about gay biker romance and instead it's sung from the pov of the biker.