Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1463183 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #120 on: February 15, 2012, 03:18:55 am »
Combining music from Red Alert 3 with Age of Wonders works very well...especially when playing as the Undead and deciding to go scorcher on everyone, using the Animate Ruins spell to make insta-cities.

(For those who don't know, "going scorcher" means that, whenever I capture a town, I either loot or raze it, preferably loot it.)
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Yla

• The Beast
« Reply #121 on: February 16, 2012, 09:14:22 am »
Anybody here play Dragon Age?
LOVED the first, didn't like the second.

Combining music from Red Alert 3 with Age of Wonders works very well...especially when playing as the Undead and deciding to go scorcher on everyone, using the Animate Ruins spell to make insta-cities.

(For those who don't know, "going scorcher" means that, whenever I capture a town, I either loot or raze it, preferably loot it.)
Well, I tend to take them as they are, not even resettle. My favourite troop composition are Dark Elf blade-dancers transported by a Human airship, and if needed Elf archers for ranged and vampires for subversion and reinforcement. In the last game I played, I used all these units while my starting faction were Archons. My friends think I'm crazy.
(But yes, I do need the Peace Keeper perk.)

And in other news, while playing Sims 3, one of my sims gained 53500 points by a single event.
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #122 on: February 16, 2012, 07:11:44 pm »
Blade-dancers?  Vampires?  You using a mod, or are you talking about one of the sequels?

Also, I use Animate Ruins because pretty much -everyone- is at least wary of the Undead...except the Undead.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #123 on: February 17, 2012, 04:54:18 am »
Hey guys, dunno if you know but there are some gaming bundles going on:

Indie Gala is one with three different sized bundles, each starting at a different price. The Epic Gala is by far the best deal, as it's the one that usually gets more added to it.

Game Music Bundle this one doesn't have games but it does offer music from the games. Paying $10+ is the better deal as you get so much more out of it.

Did anyone else pick them up? I got the Music one and I'm debating the other one.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Yla

• The Beast
« Reply #124 on: February 17, 2012, 04:28:24 pm »
Blade-dancers?  Vampires?  You using a mod, or are you talking about one of the sequels?
Yeah, sequel.
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #125 on: February 17, 2012, 11:16:59 pm »
Civilization V is to get a new expansion pack

Too bad my computer can't run it. I'd love to play as Boudicca.

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #126 on: February 18, 2012, 10:02:10 pm »
Fuck frostlings, seriously.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #127 on: February 18, 2012, 11:23:02 pm »
Your dick might get frozen if you do that.

&

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #128 on: February 18, 2012, 11:57:11 pm »

Hmm...ya know, the Frostlings never give me much guff.  The ones that always piss me off are the Elves.  I can count on one hand the number of times I've played as the fucking Highmen, and those pricks declared war on me the moment they saw me.

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #129 on: February 19, 2012, 12:02:09 am »
Your dick might get frozen if you do that.

Of all the places to get frostbite...  :o

Art Vandelay

« Reply #130 on: February 19, 2012, 12:22:48 am »

Hmm...ya know, the Frostlings never give me much guff.  The ones that always piss me off are the Elves.  I can count on one hand the number of times I've played as the fucking Highmen, and those pricks declared war on me the moment they saw me.

Those damn yetis. It's the one Frostling unit my hero can't comfortably handle on his own and every Frostling army seems to have at least two of the bastards.

Still, I beat 'em in the end, so it's all good.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #131 on: February 19, 2012, 12:27:29 am »
I'd say the unit I hate most of all is the leprechaun.  Those little fuckers can lick the underside of my soldiers' boots when I crush them and the entire halfling race.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #132 on: February 19, 2012, 12:36:06 am »
For me, it'd have to be the Nordic Light. I don't have to fight them all that often, but when I do, it's damn near impossible to land a hit on the bastards.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #133 on: February 19, 2012, 01:31:17 am »
Awww I liked the frostlings.

I used to play AoW against a friend of mine and he always chose the Azracs. Why? Because he would built nothing but elephants. And if you put the game into quick combat the elephants will actually do fine in battle. There was this one battle where I bought my commander and 7 orc warlords and he had oh, 4 stacks of nothing but elephants.

The first few battles we had the slow way and my warlords totally butchered the elephants but he complained that this was taking too much time and we should use quick combat. Which resulted into my loss since the computer is a moron.

Anyway I really liked the story in AoW1 and particularly enjoyed the morality choises.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #134 on: February 19, 2012, 01:41:11 am »
Actually, I take that back...incarnates are my most reviled/abused units.  Depends if I'm playing Dark Elves or not...making your enemies kill eachother is incredibly fun.