Author Topic: Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 274496 times)

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
Re: Last Movie You Watched?
« Reply #465 on: March 14, 2013, 06:20:18 pm »
She says the dates are wrong because they didn't take into account changing from the Julian to the Gregorian calendar.

She has at least changed her mind about the doomsday stuff though, she just thinks there's going to be a "spiritual awakening" instead.

Offline Sixth Monarchist

• God
  • The spirit of 1776.
« Reply #466 on: March 17, 2013, 06:29:15 am »
She says the dates are wrong because they didn't take into account changing from the Julian to the Gregorian calendar.

She has at least changed her mind about the doomsday stuff though, she just thinks there's going to be a "spiritual awakening" instead.

Yeah... that change was about 10 days. 11 at the outside...
Marvel reviews, "Last Movie You Watched", p. 75-76.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #467 on: March 19, 2013, 03:44:24 pm »
Oz the great and powerful.  Interesting take on the original and I liked the sort-of swerve with
(click to show/hide)

I'd love to see a sequel that leads right in to the original movie, but from the Wizard's POV.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #468 on: March 19, 2013, 08:54:26 pm »
Mass Effect: Paragon Lost.

After watching that, I totally feel for Vega's character a lot more than I did before.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
« Reply #469 on: March 21, 2013, 04:15:41 pm »
The Hobbit.  I enjoyed the book and loved the LOTR movies, but this was the first time I fell asleep during a movie out of sheer boredom.  At least the last half hour is better, though I thought the voice-acting for the goblins was just horrible. 
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #470 on: March 21, 2013, 08:20:57 pm »
The Hobbit.  I enjoyed the book and loved the LOTR movies, but this was the first time I fell asleep during a movie out of sheer boredom.  At least the last half hour is better, though I thought the voice-acting for the goblins was just horrible.

BURN THE HERETIC!

Ahem. In the past week, I've watched the following:

Highlander: I really don't see what the screaming big deal is.
(click to show/hide)

Robocop: This one, I liked.

The Matrix: A classic, in my not-always-humble opinion.

Oz the Great and Powerful: A good movie, but works better as a reboot or alternate continuity from the original Wizard of Oz than as a straight prequel, in my opinion, particularly since it was made by a different company and they made minor changes throughout to avoid copyright issues.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline Carnotaurus

• Neonate
« Reply #471 on: March 22, 2013, 02:02:47 am »
Oz the Great and Powerful: A good movie, but works better as a reboot or alternate continuity from the original Wizard of Oz than as a straight prequel, in my opinion, particularly since it was made by a different company and they made minor changes throughout to avoid copyright issues.

Loved that movie. It is a wholly different continuity from the 39 film, though. One of the producers confirmed it, and like you said, a lot of minor changes mean things don't add up. It's supposed to be a prequel to the books officially, but it doesn't quite line up with those, either, mostly because of the Emerald City.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #472 on: March 22, 2013, 09:37:20 am »

BURN THE HERETIC!

Ahem. In the past week, I've watched the following:

Highlander: I really don't see what the screaming big deal is.
(click to show/hide)

Is this your first time seeing Sean Connery playing a non-Scotish character? He never attempts another accent anymore, regardles of where his character is meant to be from because, to put it lightly, he is fucking terrible at accents (he used to attempt accents back before Bond made him famous).

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #473 on: March 22, 2013, 02:21:37 pm »
Lawrence of Arabia

Holy shit that is a long movie.  I'm not sure what I think of it as I was too distracted by how shockingly unconvincing Alec Guinness' make-up is.  Also, he has blue eyes (or "had" I guess I should say). Do many Arabs have blue eyes??
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 04:14:33 am by Katsuro »

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
« Reply #474 on: March 22, 2013, 03:51:26 pm »

BURN THE HERETIC!

I get that a lot for some reason.  I will admit though that I enjoyed when
(click to show/hide)

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #475 on: March 22, 2013, 06:50:34 pm »
The Secret World of Arietty (2010/11/12 depending on where you live)

Took me long enough to watch it, I got this movie for Christmas. I know everyone says it's not as good as other Ghibli films, but I liked it. As always, the visuals are beautiful, and I didn't think the story was too bad either. I admit I prefer The Littles to The Borrowers as far as books about tiny people are concerned, but this movie was amazing nonetheless! Highly recommend to anyone who hasn't seen it yet!

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline Moltar

• Bishop
« Reply #476 on: March 22, 2013, 11:25:22 pm »
The Great Muppet Caper

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #477 on: March 24, 2013, 12:10:30 am »
Premium Rush. Much better (including funnier) than the previews made it look.

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #478 on: March 24, 2013, 12:38:01 am »
Death Race 2000, which was quite enjoyable.  And before that, the original Batman movie, which I firmly believe to be the best of them all.

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #479 on: March 24, 2013, 12:54:11 am »
Death Race 2000, which was quite enjoyable.  And before that, the original Batman movie, which I firmly believe to be the best of them all.
Original as in the first of the Nolan trilogy, the first Michael Keaton/Tim Burton movie, or the 1960s Adam West movie?