Community > Religion and Philosophy

Girl dies after tweeting thank you to god

(1/6) > >>

Cerim Treascair:
Well then... I knew this sort of thing was bound to happen, but am I the only one going "And that's a big 'fuck you'"?

Story's here on MSNBC via Fark:  http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46054377/ns/local_news-charlotte_nc/#.TxidJ28S2Wc

Shane for Wax:
That's not right at all. :/

Her poor family.

ironbite:
Saw this on huffpost.  Talk about irony.

Ironbite-really ironic.

deadpandoubter:
I want to know the cause of death...partially because, being the terrible person I am, I'll be fucking disappointed if it wasn't a Killing Spell.

What next? They find someone who tweeted about thanking god for their baby right before miscarrying?

Caitshidhe:
It's a tragic story--no one deserves to die that young.

I just hate how stories like this end up being bandied around by the world's Jesus-humpers as some kind of 'proof' that god exists or some shit like that--I'm sure the girl's loved ones are wondering why god is such an asshole that he decided 21 was long enough to live. With how many squajillions of people using Twitter every day, odds alone mean something like this is bound to happen sooner or later. It's not some kind of divine sign--it's just a tragic, sad coincidence that's going to be hijacked by a lot of strangers for their own selfish gain.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version