Author Topic: TV Shows  (Read 139571 times)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
Re: TV Shows
« Reply #315 on: January 02, 2014, 04:18:26 pm »
Even so, I'd love to be a part of it even if I ended up being like one of those jester dwarfs they have in the books with no name attached. Just 'fool'.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #316 on: January 02, 2014, 04:28:44 pm »
Even so, I'd love to be a part of it even if I ended up being like one of those jester dwarfs they have in the books with no name attached. Just 'fool'.

Over all it is a fucking awesome experience.  Season 4 we basically got payed to go LARPing lol.  And I spent so long with the same (massive) group of people we all sort of became friends and set up a FB group to keep in touch.

Weird thing is, at 3am in the pouring November rain after 2 full weeks of 12-15 hour nightshoots filming a battle in a set that turns into a swimming pool when it rains and every part of you aches and it's so cold you think you might actually die, it doesn't seem quite so awesome anymore - but then when one of the AD's goes round the extras asking if you're available to film next week as well you find yourself replying, "Fuck yeah I'm available!" without a second thought.

It's murder but you can't keep away.  It hurts so good, I guess lol.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 04:33:06 pm by Katsuro »

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #317 on: January 02, 2014, 04:35:04 pm »
It's nice knowing we have a mini-celebrity regardless of how common it might be for where you live. :P

Also, Doctor, you can always stream it from one of the game of thrones fansites. No downloads necessary. It's how I watched it.

Eh, I would if I could, but I don't have broadband.  I know, someone this day and age, it boggles the mind.  I used to use my cousin next door's broadband, but her computer a'sploded and she doesn't really care enough to get another one any time soon.
I'm not really that interested in GoT from what I've read about it.  I don't really need another show I 'need' to keep track of.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #318 on: January 02, 2014, 04:41:37 pm »
It's nice knowing we have a mini-celebrity regardless of how common it might be for where you live. :P

Also, Doctor, you can always stream it from one of the game of thrones fansites. No downloads necessary. It's how I watched it.

I'm not really that interested in GoT from what I've read about it.  I don't really need another show I 'need' to keep track of.

I know you'll think I'm biased but I do genuinley think it's one of the best shows at the moment.  If I was listing my top 5 best TV shows it wouldn't be too many places below Breaking Bad, it's that good imo.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #319 on: January 02, 2014, 04:54:37 pm »
Well, when the time comes I'll probably just rent or buy the DVD seasons.  No worries. :)  When I do, be sure to tell me what scenes you're in. :D

EDIT:  Or if they EVER get affordable broadband down my way.  I love living in the middle of nowhere like I do, but if I had to list a downside, that would be a big one.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 04:56:16 pm by the Doctor »

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #320 on: January 02, 2014, 05:24:10 pm »
Heh, fair enough. I dunno how I'm gonna watch the next season.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #321 on: January 02, 2014, 05:39:40 pm »
Well, when the time comes I'll probably just rent or buy the DVD seasons.  No worries. :)  When I do, be sure to tell me what scenes you're in. :D

Oh there will be screen caps in the Member Picture thread after Season 4 airs, don't you worry lol.  There's already two from S2&3 in there lol.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #322 on: January 02, 2014, 07:27:31 pm »
I've mentioned in past threads, but I'm in the same boat as Katsuro. The most prominent thing I've done so far was Day One (though I still tend to call it Renee after its working title), but I've had larger parts in a variety of stuff. I did 16 or 17 days as background on Game On!, which included some scenes directly interacting with the main actors; at least one episode included me as part of one of the gags, just minus any lines. Since the show is set in a static company, it made sense for them to bring back the "other employees" as often as possible for continuity's sake; I was there so much that I had my own labeled makeup bag and a character name.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #323 on: January 03, 2014, 01:54:59 am »
*hyperventilating* SHERLOCK SHERLOCK SHERLOCK im so sorry bUT SHERLOCK
*screaming*
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #324 on: January 03, 2014, 06:15:25 am »
I've mentioned in past threads, but I'm in the same boat as Katsuro. The most prominent thing I've done so far was Day One (though I still tend to call it Renee after its working title), but I've had larger parts in a variety of stuff. I did 16 or 17 days as background on Game On!, which included some scenes directly interacting with the main actors; at least one episode included me as part of one of the gags, just minus any lines. Since the show is set in a static company, it made sense for them to bring back the "other employees" as often as possible for continuity's sake; I was there so much that I had my own labeled makeup bag and a character name.

That's pretty awesome.  I've only ever done GoT, I think because I have a very...ummm...specific look lol.  Also not a lot of major stuff is filmed in NI, although that might change thanks to some high profile stuff like GoT and Your Highness.  I did get offered the Dracular movie but I was in Australia at the time so couldn't do it :(.  I've done it GoT enough that most of the costume and hair&makeup people know my name but I haven't risen to the level of having my own sepcial set of stuff and a character name, and probably won't either as that doesn't really happen to our extras.

I've also not really had scenes interacting with the main actors, despite being in the same shot as them sometimes - unless ruining a shot by accidentally running into and tripping over Rose Leslie counts lol.  Also I did have a scene in Season 3 where I get shoved out of the way by Anton Lesser, but the shot cuts to a totally different angle before that happens so you don't see it in the epiosde.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #325 on: January 03, 2014, 08:39:06 am »
I watched the first episode of An Idiot Abroad. It was actually a lot funnier than I was expecting it to be. Yeah, it's most likely fake and all, but it made me chuckle on occasion, so I'm happy.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #326 on: January 03, 2014, 10:44:26 am »

That's pretty awesome.  I've only ever done GoT, I think because I have a very...ummm...specific look lol.  Also not a lot of major stuff is filmed in NI, although that might change thanks to some high profile stuff like GoT and Your Highness.  I did get offered the Dracular movie but I was in Australia at the time so couldn't do it :(.  I've done it GoT enough that most of the costume and hair&makeup people know my name but I haven't risen to the level of having my own sepcial set of stuff and a character name, and probably won't either as that doesn't really happen to our extras.

I've also not really had scenes interacting with the main actors, despite being in the same shot as them sometimes - unless ruining a shot by accidentally running into and tripping over Rose Leslie counts lol.  Also I did have a scene in Season 3 where I get shoved out of the way by Anton Lesser, but the shot cuts to a totally different angle before that happens so you don't see it in the epiosde.

Well, you guys also have a TON more extras than we did. Most episodes only had maybe a dozen of them at the most on top of the principals, usually less than that. Part of the reason is that while it takes place primarily in the game development company, there's also many scenes outside of it (the main character's apartment, the local park and amusement park, out at non-work businesses, etc.) that have few or no other employees around. The show is a lot more low-key than Game of Thrones, even if it does have more consistent extras than some of its competitors (like Wizards of Waverly Place, which has been our biggest rival during the airing of the first season).

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #327 on: January 03, 2014, 11:45:45 am »
What I think all 2000+ of us really want to know is, how do you get a line lol?

Although a line might not be all it's cracked up to be - it might mean less work on the show afterwards as you're face is more likely to be recognised by viewers if they use as an extra for a different part later..  I've been several different people in the same season before - sometimes in the same episode and even the same scene - but it doesn't matter 'coz hardly anyone's going to notice you when you're just a blurred face in a crowd full of other beardy people.  In the Red Wedding all of the extras even in the same single shot four times at one point, but you can't tell because its four VERY distant shots stiched together so you can't make anyone out as everyone is so tiny.

I have had to sing in a crowd though, not sure if that counts when they dubbed over it lol,
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 12:00:13 pm by Katsuro »

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #328 on: January 03, 2014, 12:00:02 pm »
If you have a distinctive scripted line, it means that they need to pay you more and give you higher credit. Enough lines and you'll be eligible for your guild card, which is the key to getting into the big stuff.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #329 on: January 03, 2014, 12:05:45 pm »
If you have a distinctive scripted line, it means that they need to pay you more and give you higher credit. Enough lines and you'll be eligible for your guild card, which is the key to getting into the big stuff.

Well don't think I want to persue acting as a career, it's not really me.  Being an extra is more me, I get to appear in stuff but at the same time I'm still hidden and ignored lol.  The appeal of getting a line is morethe knowledge they have to pay you more (though with GoT it's probably an extra 15 or 20 quid, everything is lol).

Also, judging from the very limited amount of acting being an extra sometimes requires, without even having to speak, I think I kind of suck at acting.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 12:08:56 pm by Katsuro »