Author Topic: TV Shows  (Read 141626 times)

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
Re: TV Shows
« Reply #480 on: May 26, 2014, 07:16:29 am »
Boyfriend got me into fringe
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #481 on: May 28, 2014, 07:32:16 pm »
Being a fan of Tom and Jerry growing up, I was a bit nervous at the new "Tom and Jerry Show" (not to be confused with the old MGM one), since it was very obviously done in flash animation, and I admit to having a lot of the prejudices that I hate seeing in other people (don't worry, I find it stupid that I have them, too.)

Animation style aside... this is Tom and Jerry at its finest.  The 2010 series had great animation, but didn't quite have that Tom and Jerry spark.  This... may not have the best animation (though it grows on you surprisingly quickly) but damn it has that spark and more.

Also it's nice to see that Jerry's no longer karma invincible.  Both Tom and Jerry hurt themselves almost as often as they hurt each other, through their own plans going awry.  And Spike is no longer blind to Jerry's antics - there are two episodes where he targets Jerry just as much as Tom.

That's not to say I'm a Tom and Jerry connoisseur, but it's something amusing to watch, and it definitely brings back a lot of nostalgia, in a good way.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #482 on: June 03, 2014, 03:19:19 pm »
I recently discovered that MacGyver is on Netflix and I thought I'd give it a re-watch seeing as how I've not seen an episode in well over 25 years.

Fuck me that show was bad, really bad.  How bad?  Well not only does the show never seem to tell you who the fuck MacGyver actually is or anything about him, other than he seems to live in the Griffith Observatory (I'm not joking), they make EXTENSIVE use of stock footage.  So much so that  one Season 1 episode was largley just clips form the Italian Job passed off as their own work. Unfortunately for the makers of the show the epiosde was set in 1980s Hungary and not 1960s Italy; the two do not look a like.

Bascially the show is cheap, provides little to know information or back-story (or development for that matter) of the central character,  MacGyver's actions often make no sense (a very frequent exmaple is his penchant for knocking out bad guys and stealing their clothes for  disguises that he doesn't need and never uses and appears to not even have any intention of actually using, I think he might just be some kind of pervert) and generally leaves me wondering wtf is going on.  And it's quite a lot of fun to watch I have to admit.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #483 on: June 03, 2014, 03:49:31 pm »
Fuck I love MacGyver. one episode we find out he used to work bomb disposal, in the next he used to be a fucking rally driver.

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #484 on: June 16, 2014, 04:58:45 pm »
Just discovered that there's a Spooksville TV series!

Why couldn't they have made this fifteen years ago?

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #485 on: June 18, 2014, 02:06:35 pm »
Man, if my RP forums are anything to go by, the fanbase of Agents of SHIELD are livid over a certain betrayal.

(click to show/hide)
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #486 on: June 24, 2014, 07:37:47 pm »
You know, Hannibal wouldn't be half so nauseating to watch if the meals didn't look so god damn appetizing...
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #487 on: July 27, 2014, 11:47:43 am »
Watching the first episode of the 80's revival of Columbo, this shit is ridiculous. he visits some psychic institute and a plant starts screaming when he brings his cigar too close.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #488 on: September 24, 2014, 11:44:54 pm »
Necro? What necro?

Anyway, I re-watched the first few episodes of The Chaser's War on Everything. If you ever want a time capsule of Australian politics in 2006, look no further. Other than that, well, it hasn't aged all that well.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #489 on: September 25, 2014, 12:17:01 am »
I've been binge-watching Batman Beyond for about ten hours. It's better than I remember, but it's very late-90s.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #490 on: September 25, 2014, 07:16:15 am »
I've been rewatching Night Court on Demand, and then my wife bought me the first 3 seasons.  Love that show!
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Iczerfour

• Spawn of Pinkamena and Flutterbat
  • Pope
  • Now won't you stop moving, interrupting's not nice
« Reply #491 on: September 25, 2014, 08:40:12 pm »
watching burn notice on Netflix.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #492 on: September 26, 2014, 12:38:05 am »
I've been binge-watching Batman Beyond for about ten hours. It's better than I remember, but it's very late-90s.

The late 90s were the best time of my entire life.

Offline Iczerfour

• Spawn of Pinkamena and Flutterbat
  • Pope
  • Now won't you stop moving, interrupting's not nice
« Reply #493 on: September 27, 2014, 03:25:34 am »
the super Mario super show.

that is all..

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #494 on: September 28, 2014, 01:32:55 pm »
I've decided to start rewatching Cowboy Bebop.