Author Topic: Christian News Network fundies  (Read 156281 times)

Offline RWH

• Neonate
Re: Christian News Network fundies
« Reply #330 on: August 13, 2017, 12:36:09 am »
After a number of false starts, I have finally made it in.  Thank you for inviting me to join this forum.  Just as a bit of an introduction, I taught English at two Bible colleges from 1976-86 and just couldn't take all of the negativity and the sanctimonious finger-pointing.  I went on to get my PhD, and I have been at a state university for the past 25 years where I am Assistant Chair of an English Department plus church organist and choir director. 

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #331 on: August 13, 2017, 01:29:53 am »
After a number of false starts, I have finally made it in.  Thank you for inviting me to join this forum.  Just as a bit of an introduction, I taught English at two Bible colleges from 1976-86 and just couldn't take all of the negativity and the sanctimonious finger-pointing.  I went on to get my PhD, and I have been at a state university for the past 25 years where I am Assistant Chair of an English Department plus church organist and choir director.

That gives us something in common, I too am a church organist.  Welcome and we look forward to having you scheme with us (only a joke, we don't do much group scheming...but I do a fair bit on my own...)
Banana Monster ne répond plus!

Offline RWH

• Neonate
« Reply #332 on: August 13, 2017, 12:54:44 pm »
Thank you.  How does one respond to an already established post rather than adding a new one? 

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #333 on: August 13, 2017, 01:06:11 pm »
There is a quote option and a reply option.  Quote will carry over the full content if the message you are replying to.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #334 on: August 13, 2017, 08:22:08 pm »
RWH, you are doing a great job with Amos...he frustrates all of us because of his endless dodges, reckless statements that are in complete violation of what the dictionary has to say, and his annoying mindless tendency to say FAIL at every opportunity.

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #335 on: August 13, 2017, 08:47:21 pm »
After a number of false starts, I have finally made it in.  Thank you for inviting me to join this forum.

Welcome and I look forward to your insights.
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline RWH

• Neonate
« Reply #336 on: August 14, 2017, 01:02:29 am »
RWH, you are doing a great job with Amos...he frustrates all of us because of his endless dodges, reckless statements that are in complete violation of what the dictionary has to say, and his annoying mindless tendency to say FAIL at every opportunity.

I can tell you for a fact that he throws around stuff that he can't even begin to understand.  Hegelian Dialectic is one such example.  He certainly couldn't define it when I pushed him on it, and I wasn't going to allow him to simply cut and paste.  I don't think that he knew what to make of the fact that dialectic came from Aristotle and especially Plato.  We'll have to wait and see what garbage he spews out next time.

Offline Sharon_at_home

• Apprentice
« Reply #337 on: August 14, 2017, 07:42:09 am »
Hi RWH, Welcome!!
Amos won't even answer me properly anymore!! I told him I knew that they were mistaken about me trying to hide by using another name. I get the impression that he doesn't care, he's just going to be rude to me, instead,

I am going to have to ignore him for a while before he bothers to answer properly.

I'm sure I can find another Fundie to discuss their view to tell them to read the gospel again because of lack of understanding what Jesus wants for us.

So Amos was talking to you about the Hegelian Dialectic too. I told him it must be a 'new word' as he's never used it before LOL
And then I told him that he doesn't understand what it means and I think that was when he told me he was Bored, Yawn, or that "you have no credibility "

I think he's going senile anyway, he keeps naming kiddy shows that he needs to go watch... Ditz
The Word of God is Truth; if it is not in the Word of God, it is not Truth.
The Gospel is the instructions to be a better Christian and to become more like Christ. This will show our good works, and show a light that will give Glory to God.

Walk daily with the Lord and learn his ways.

We walk by faith, and not by sight.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #338 on: August 14, 2017, 10:35:09 am »
I have reached out to Ben Brigs and Croquet Player to see if they'd like to join us here.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #339 on: August 14, 2017, 05:49:45 pm »
A bit quiet here lately.  Anyone know if Ambulance Chaser is still around?

Offline CrowFood

• Neonate
« Reply #340 on: August 14, 2017, 07:28:40 pm »
Amos is a conspiracy nut! This, for some reason, makes perfect sense to me, but I find it hilarious nonetheless

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #341 on: August 14, 2017, 07:31:06 pm »
Too funny.  And what a good idea hyperlinking the quotes directly...I will have to start doing that!

Offline CrowFood

• Neonate
« Reply #342 on: August 14, 2017, 07:52:08 pm »
It actually makes me feel bad for him. I generally find conspiracy theorists to be kinda pathetic individuals who can't come to grips with the idea that things are out of their control. With Amos, it makes sense, as he thinks everything is in God's (read: his) control, so things like this must be the result of some machination.

I dunno. Like I said, my usual reaction to conspiracy theorists is pity.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #343 on: August 14, 2017, 07:55:53 pm »
I dunno. Like I said, my usual reaction to conspiracy theorists is pity.

Most of them have an element of conspiracy theory nuttiness to them.  Even Oboehner, who despite his sneering condescension usually speaks reasonably coherently, disbelieves evolution and doesn't believe it should be taught in schools.  And he has WILDLY crazy Catholic conspiracy theories.

But yeah, I mostly feel sorry for ALL of them over there because of the hateful face they're putting on their religion.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #344 on: August 14, 2017, 08:56:56 pm »
The ever compassionate Oboehner showing off his loving and tolerant brand of Christianity.  Feel the love!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 11:07:55 pm by Jocasta »