Author Topic: Christian News Network fundies  (Read 156010 times)

Offline BobRumba

• God
Re: Christian News Network fundies
« Reply #660 on: May 04, 2018, 02:35:34 pm »
Todays’s a good day actually.  Guest Verified is back and I shut him RIGHT down.  Called him out on all his games before he got a chance to play any of them.  I was pretty proud.  Managed to stay a step ahead of the censors too.  So I archived the fun.

archive.is/G6uQx

Banana Monster ne répond plus!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #661 on: May 05, 2018, 12:08:55 pm »
I miss Rapture Ready.  Wonder whatever happened to those idiots.

Just checked.  Their forum's still online and still reasonably active.  Guess they just mostly keep to themselves, nowadays.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #662 on: May 05, 2018, 12:18:30 pm »
The bastards finally banned me.  I guess I did a pretty damned good job, lasting this long.  Why they did it NOW, I have no idea, since I really didn't say anything that was any worse than what I usually say.

I looked at their "comment guidelines" too, trying to figure out which ones they think I broke, I guess....I found a few of them interesting:

3) You may not threaten, harass, slander, engage in name-calling, degrade or otherwise use abusive language toward another commenter or the staff of Christian News Network. (Colossians 4:6; Leviticus 19:18)

4) Refrain from having a contentious spirit. Articles are not to be a venue for engaging in lengthy debates, or to start arguments with multiple readers. In other words, you may not dominate any article by arguing with everyone who has a different viewpoint. (Titus 3:2; Proverbs 27:15)

5) Maintain a meek and humble spirit. If you disagree on a subject, be gentle in expressing your viewpoint. (Matthew 5:5; Philippians 2:3; Colossians 3:2; 1 Peter 3:8)

I can think of several regular commenters there who routinely violate all of those and never seem to get banned.  And #4....hello, it's an online forum.  What the fuck do you think is going to happen?  Even if they somehow managed to ban all non-Christians, the Christians still will argue amongst themselves.  I mean, we've seen plenty of "fundie fights"....

Well, anyway, I think anyone who frequents that site might see a similarly-themed user name popping up eventually.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #663 on: May 05, 2018, 12:43:30 pm »
They'll never permanently ban me.  I'll leave their hate-hole when I decide to go, and that's that. 

I love how the regulars mock "sock accounts" - and Lady Checkmate is just as guilty of this too.  Well, stop the idiotic censorship and banning and maybe there will be less socks around?  Duh.

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #664 on: May 07, 2018, 05:34:46 pm »
I'm back, let's see how long it is before someone catches on, I guess.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #665 on: May 08, 2018, 12:55:19 am »
I'm back, let's see how long it is before someone catches on, I guess.

I haven’t spotted you, so you are doing an excellent job of blending in so far.

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #666 on: May 08, 2018, 07:46:49 am »
It's another Queen-lyrics-inspired name I'm using, but probably not something that a lot of people will pick up on, unless they know that one song.  And, I've only commented on one story so far, anyway.

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #667 on: May 09, 2018, 07:39:02 pm »
It's another Queen-lyrics-inspired name

Let me guess, the next one will be AnotherOneBitsTheDust?
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #668 on: May 14, 2018, 03:06:23 pm »
I don't know why it always takes a new story about homosexuality on the Christian News Network to get the bigots foaming at the mouth.  They post a story there about some Pastor getting tortured in some backwater country in the middle of nowhere, no one even cares.  It might get two or three comments.  But mention Catholics or homosexuals or transgenders or even someone wanting to end their life free of pain, and watch all these hateful pigs descend on it like flies on shit.  It's so disgusting.

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #669 on: May 14, 2018, 05:19:17 pm »
It's another Queen-lyrics-inspired name

Let me guess, the next one will be AnotherOneBitsTheDust?

I dunno, that would kinda be too obvious.  I like to go for the more obscure ones.  I used the name "Larry Lurex" for a brief moment a while ago, I think it was just to see if I could post something on Lady Checkmate's channel.  That actually is a Queen reference but a REALLY obscure one.  It's the name that Freddie used when he put out two cover songs shortly before Queen's first album came out.  The full name on the record was "Larry Lurex and the Voles from Venus" (takeoffs on Gary Glitter and Bowie's Spiders From Mars)

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #670 on: May 14, 2018, 05:33:36 pm »
I don't know why it always takes a new story about homosexuality on the Christian News Network to get the bigots foaming at the mouth.  They post a story there about some Pastor getting tortured in some backwater country in the middle of nowhere, no one even cares.  It might get two or three comments.  But mention Catholics or homosexuals or transgenders or even someone wanting to end their life free of pain, and watch all these hateful pigs descend on it like flies on shit.  It's so disgusting.

Yep.  I saw that Ted. R Weiland guy, who's always reposts the thing about how the US isn't a "Biblical goverment" (but thinks it should be).  He basically said homosexuals are equivalent to murderers, kidnappers, and rapists. 

And Guest Verified, for that matter....he seriously tried to say if "You wouldn't know murder, kidnapping, and rape were wrong if God didn't show you that."

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #671 on: May 14, 2018, 05:40:22 pm »
If you get the chance, tell Amos that he’s guilty of the No True Scotsman fallacy, and be sure to explain to him exactly what it is as though he hasn’t been told 500 times already.  So great to watch him lose his mind.

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #672 on: May 14, 2018, 05:42:00 pm »
I ain't gonna lie, though....it kinda feels good to be back to pissing these people off after a little while.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #673 on: May 14, 2018, 06:09:38 pm »
It’s all they deserve.  They spread hate and fear and do it in the name of their God.

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #674 on: May 14, 2018, 11:43:45 pm »

I think it is a case of "Don't Feed the Christians"

If you look at the numbers for various articles they are getting lower all the time. Take the Bill Nye article a month ago. only 14 comments. All the usuals, Amos, Oboehner, (Un) Reason2012, Lydia Church, LynnRH, all waved their Good Book of Pious Sayings, but nobody took the bait. The story died.

In many ways without the secular and moderate Christian responses, the website could well fall into the abyss.
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi