Author Topic: McDonald's suggested employee budget.  (Read 15089 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: McDonald's suggested employee budget.
« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2013, 12:31:48 am »
HAH!

Ironbite-you make me laugh nickerson.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2013, 01:07:14 am »
"The PaychekPLUS! Elite® Visa® Payroll Card"

Hahaha
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2013, 11:39:37 am »
The question is, is he scary for evil, or is he scary for great justice?

How 'bout this hypothetical. I find a way to make really good meth. It becomes the most desirable meth in the area. Then I lace it with something I get from Hof, and literally kill the market for meth in the area. This would drive away the meth dealers and a large part of the crime problem.
Scary for evil it is.
Pfft.

That's just pest control in his neck of the woods.

Frankly, poisoning the water supply followed by nuking from orbit would count as pest control in his neck of the woods.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2013, 01:25:18 pm »

How 'bout this hypothetical. I find a way to make really good meth. It becomes the most desirable meth in the area. Then I lace it with something I get from Hof, and literally kill the market for meth in the area. This would drive away the meth dealers and a large part of the crime problem.
Scary for evil it is.
Pfft.

That's just pest control in his neck of the woods.

Frankly, poisoning the water supply followed by nuking from orbit would count as pest control in his neck of the woods.
Reminds me of Lake County, Florida (where I grew up, and definitely to blame for several of my mental issues).
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2013, 06:13:16 pm »
If one doesn't have a car and either bikes or uses public transportation, I suppose that some money could be freed up for food and such.

Same thing goes if one doesn't use cable.

That's only possible in certain areas with certain jobs. If you live somewhere suburban, it can literally take you several miles to get to the nearest POTENTIAL place of employment. When you're already having to bike 4 miles out of the residential area (and that's not an exaggeration; I have places like that right near my own neighborhood), you don't want to add any more miles to your commute.

And public transportation in Central Florida is an utter sham. Unless you live in downtown Orlando (as in the part with actual skyscrapers), the only public transit option other than phoning a cab company is a Lynx bus. Said buses are terribly slow and inefficient and you can easily end up being dropped off a mile or two away from your destination and having to walk it (unless you loaded your bike onto the bus). All of this means that a commute that would take 30 minutes in a car is now taking 3 or 4 times as long by public transit.

And that's not getting into rural areas, where you literally have stretches of nothing for miles and miles. The United States is a country for motorists. Good public transport is unique, not commonplace.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2013, 07:52:37 pm »
^This, this, and this again.  I can't believe how many times I've been asked by people from other countries (mostly Britain) why we don't just take mass transit everywhere.
Our country isn't approximately 70 miles at its widest, y'all.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #66 on: July 19, 2013, 09:08:15 pm »
Hell, I don't think there's any public transit at all in our county.  Even the trains are for transporting goods, not people.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #67 on: July 19, 2013, 09:23:24 pm »
Hell, I finally got my unreliable temp job transferred to my new town, and the new boss said work's going to be kinda rare because I rely on public transit at the moment, which has become a complete joke. Hell, the route that runs right in front of my new home takes so long that I can reach either end of it (I live near the middle of the route) on foot before getting passed by a bus. Need a car to get a job, need a job to pay for a car. It's such a wonderful thing.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2013, 09:25:35 pm »
^This, this, and this again.  I can't believe how many times I've been asked by people from other countries (mostly Britain) why we don't just take mass transit everywhere.

Most of Western Europe can fit inside Texas.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #69 on: July 20, 2013, 12:22:19 am »

I actually decided to go into Google Earth and do some measuring with the appropriate tool. Comparing, say, my commute to Halloween Horror Nights for two months of the year.

As the crow flies, my house is 20 miles from Universal Orlando. It's a 25.6 mile commute by I-4, which would take a little over half an hour with no traffic.

So I went over to England. Specifically, Cambridge. I plop one end of the marker down in the center of town and send it east exactly 20 miles. In a crossing that takes me through nothing but Longwood and Orlando (not counting random small towns or incorporated areas I pass through for a few seconds) in Florida, I have passed near about two dozen villages. This includes the hamlet of Six Mile Bottom.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #70 on: July 20, 2013, 02:36:27 am »

Isn't that exactly what meth dealers do anyway?
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline starseeker

• God
« Reply #71 on: July 20, 2013, 06:13:32 am »

I actually decided to go into Google Earth and do some measuring with the appropriate tool. Comparing, say, my commute to Halloween Horror Nights for two months of the year.

As the crow flies, my house is 20 miles from Universal Orlando. It's a 25.6 mile commute by I-4, which would take a little over half an hour with no traffic.

So I went over to England. Specifically, Cambridge. I plop one end of the marker down in the center of town and send it east exactly 20 miles. In a crossing that takes me through nothing but Longwood and Orlando (not counting random small towns or incorporated areas I pass through for a few seconds) in Florida, I have passed near about two dozen villages. This includes the hamlet of Six Mile Bottom.

Hell, even London, the biggest city, is only 30 miles by 20, American cities are just massive car induced sprawl.

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #72 on: July 20, 2013, 06:27:40 am »

Isn't that exactly what meth dealers do anyway?

Not fast enough- the addicts live long enough to chop their kids up, rob hospitals and other medical clinics, steal copper, commit identity theft, and otherwise wreak merry hell on the community.
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline Jack Mann

• Gold Bugger Jihad Pony
  • God
« Reply #73 on: July 20, 2013, 10:08:16 am »
I was talking to someone from England back when I lived in California.  He said I must go surfing a lot, since I obviously lived so close to the beach.  I blew his mind when I pointed out that it was physically impossible for him to live farther than the ocean than I did.
اللغة العربية صعبة ، ولكنها جميلة جدا

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #74 on: July 20, 2013, 03:45:17 pm »
I was talking to someone from England back when I lived in California.  He said I must go surfing a lot, since I obviously lived so close to the beach.  I blew his mind when I pointed out that it was physically impossible for him to live farther than the ocean than I did.

It IS common for Floridians to live near the beach, though this is mostly because the state is so thin that you're never more than about an hour's drive away if you know the right highways and interstates to take. If you take a helicopter up and fly over Orlando, you can see the ocean.

This makes "beach culture" a little different, since everyone in the state of all levels of income, from the rednecks below the poverty line and illegal immigrants up to the millionaire basketball players, is within spitting distance of the Atlantic.